Internal wiring in a speaker

kaushik

Hi all ,

i have a pair of Indian Made Bookshelves , each fitted with some 'sound king' woofer,Milton piezo Horn tweeter .

So far the unit has under gone some MODs by me .

Adding good OFC cables improved the sound a lott.
I was wondering how important is internal wiring wires used inside the speaker cabinet .

I have seen DIY audiophiles using some Flat Solid copper Rolls inside ,
Please mention sources /dealers in bangalore if possible..... :)

Hi,

Its as important as the speaker cable or any other cable involved in the system!so can't ignore them !!

The Flat copper one that you mention is same called copper foil rolls (used mostly for shielding and as crossover coils),Its not available in the same form in bangalore but can just to get some in similar form !!

But for the said speaker with the said drivers I strongly recommend you against any of these !! just a plain decent Gauge wire should do!! Also as the drivers are of some quality,it wouldn't make much difference you adding these expensive internal wires copper foils !!

Regards.

I was wondering how important is internal wiring wires used inside the speaker cabinet .

Since the drivers are finally connected through the internal cables, they should match in guage with the external speaker cable.

soundsgreat:
i was thinking of the same thing ..not to waste money on these.

hifi :
thank you ! i will do that ...join the internals with ofc pieces cut from the external cables!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back