International shopping sites for electronics?

inshadesofgrey

hi there,

Apart from the Amazon and its sister sites - what other international electronics sites (legit obviously) do you use for getting stuff shipped to India?

Trying to find the Toshiba BDX3200 - but its just not happening at Amazon

yea - am looking at some items from beachcamera....

how much did it cost you to ship a tv from borderlinx- including duties?

would you recommend borderlinx
There is an Aramex vs. Borderlinx thread. I have no personal experience with either but it is said that Borderlinx is more expensive. At the same time, there have been complaints against Aramex on unexplained customs duty charges and not being provided with receipt.

yea - am looking at some items from beachcamera....

how much did it cost you to ship a tv from borderlinx- including duties?

would you recommend borderlinx
stop looking !set alerts in many sites...

tv was 1.2L in india.
paid 47k total,one and half year back,"shipping +duty" was 18k or so
tv is ultrathinLED/web wifi all there

borderlinx? for tv 'yes yes yes'

dont buy 40led from them,india prices have come down ..till 55k mrp ,shop via gray channels

now only high end tv like 3d 55inch will work out cheap
remember to pick items when price falls 40% like black friday/republic day

please dont ask warranty,insurance etc there are 100 threads on these

Last edited:
stop looking !set alerts in many sites...

tv was 1.2L in india.
paid 47k total,one and half year back,"shipping +duty" was 18k or so
tv is ultrathinLED/web wifi all there

borderlinx? for tv 'yes yes yes'

dont buy 40led from them,india prices have come down ..till 55k mrp ,shop via gray channels

now only high end tv like 3d 55inch will work out cheap
remember to pick items when price falls 40% like black friday/republic day

please dont ask warranty,insurance etc there are 100 threads on these

So - any idea how much would importing a blu-ray player ($110) should cost me through Borderlinx? (i used their online calculator - but I dont trust it)

Last edited:
Their calculator is correct. They are not a website that will cheat on freight rates. They may differ on package weights though.

Well - i ended up ordering from B&HphotoVideo

Check it out (its the largest A/V shop in NY)

$190 with shipping (3-5 days UPS) + Duties.......hope the duties will be around 25%

Also - a good site is Overstock.com - the price all inclusive of customs, shipping, taxes was INR 11,120 - but 6-12 days delivery

OK - here's the Deal with OVERSTOCK.com (they work with DHL): though their prices seem a bit higher due to the vague 'international charges' - but they make it up on shipping charges (its badly worded) - its a legit NASDAQ listed company

i ordered another very basic refurbished player from them (for my brother) and the total was INR 10105 (yes..they give rates in INR) - Not bad considering borderlinx gave me a quote of INR 9,750 (judging by the reviews of borderlinx - would have been more) - but the only shipping option is DHL 6-10 days.

So moral of the story so far: Overstock.com + bhphotovideo = not bad options depending on how fast you want your item which depends on how much $ you have

Last edited:
This trick depends on how picky you are - but I ordered (and received) 4 blu-rays from ebay.com with the discs costing $14 and shipping coming to $9 = $23 for 4!!

1) I selected the 'used' option and looked for sellers who delivered to India specifically (you can select that option by 'price+shipping lowest')

2) Picked out a few blu-rays I liked

3) Contacted those sellers to send me just the discs (no cases etc) and combine shipping - some of these guys are fantastic and will help you out.

4) they put the discs in a card - value it at $5 - and send it as a letter - insured ofcourse - and they come through

5) didn't get charged any duties

And yea, i know refurbished/used stuff is not allowed to be imported - but i dont think dvd etc count - moreover, if the stuff is broken/damaged - ebay/paypal has you covered

Don't expect to find the latest releases etc at that cost - but its a great way to build your blu-ray collection

just a heads up - I got my BDT-220 from Overstock.com today - thats its 5 days flat (including sat/sunday)

TOTAL cost: 11,100

I almost goofed up and plugged the blu-ray player directly in the power socket. Realised i might need a little transformer

Hi mod - can you move this thread to the appropriate forum -

i am sorry, i just realised this doesn't belong in the the blu-ray section

I have purchased many times from Fry's when I was on the west coast. Happy to note that they delivery internationally also.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back