Internet for home

vnmathur57

For some reason I am going to lose the cable Broadband connection which was being provided by the local cable operator. It appears that the only alternative left is to go for a BSNL Broadband connection. Before I apply for that, I was thinking whether the 3G wi-fi dongle being offered by many operators( MTS etc) is a better option or not. I use internet at home for u-tube, skype and general net-surfing. Can somebody please suggest which is the better option (faster/cheaper). The basic requirement is that it should be convenient and trouble free.Thanks in advance.
-- vnmathur

Broadband will always be the best option if you use internet 24*7 because you will get the speed that you pay for no matter how many connections are there at your area due to optical fiber and leased line options.
Could you please post the BSNL broadband plans available in your area for our reference?

I have both cable BB as well as vodafone 4G BB wifi dongle. Both are giving excellent connectivity and serve my purpose well. For your need, it will be better to check in your locality itself as services of these providers will vary based on location to location

apart from speed, total download volume is low on a dongle. past a certain amount of download amount, the speed slows down considerably. This limit is much higher on broadband. Bsnl is good. Their issue is slow service when there is a problem.

BSNL. boy if there is any Govt service, that is more pathetic and shitty than anything is BSNL, I would rather kill myself than apply for BSNL in this life again, I am not sure about other areas, but Indirapuram Ghz is considered to be pretty decent locality and even then BSNL not only took the money but did not install internet, after 100000000000000000000 attempts and visit to the local office finally they said not possible, I then asked for a refund immediately and asked them to disconnect my connection (landline), again after , 100000000000000000000 calls to customer care, 100000000000000000000 attempts and CHAKKARS to their local office, they disconnected the connection....... and when asked about the refund for my BB, they said all used up as rental in the past xxxxxx months, I was rubbing my butt off with 100000000000000000 visits to their office ......
BSNL=HELL ... STAY AWAY!!!!!!

That is why it differs from location to location...........

As rightly said BSNL can be a pain in some areas, so are other private operators who squeeze you until you are left to dry.

So it is hobson's choice really. Would absolutely depend on your area. Find from people in your area which type they are using and the pluses and minuses so that you get a clearer idea.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back