invitation to listen to valves, turntable, single driver

stevieboy

hi guys,

a few of you have been hinting that you'd like to drop in. things are ready now. weekend preferable. you can listen to records or cd playback, viren's 2A3 SET amp, viren's valve phono stage, viren's single driver speakers.

let me know a day or two in advance. if you'd like a particular kind of music like rock, classical, jazz let me know so i can clean lps accordingly. if you'd like to get your own records/cds you're welcome too. you're welcome to spend as much time as you like.

only one thing. people come over and ask me to shift speakers i have obliged till now but its a pain getting them back just right the way i like afterwards so thats one thing i wont do now. you might have a personal preference for distance between speakers and toe-in but you'd definitely get an idea of the sound even if they are not positioned the way you like them. that's the only thing i ask :)

disclaimer: you're under no obligation to like the sound so don't feel like you have to say something complimentary once you've listened :D. different opinions most welcome!

regards

Great dude. Really very good of you to give an open invitation like this. Will definitely drop if I can. Have yet to hear any Lyrita for myself till now.

That is the most open invitation I came across in a long time! Wish I could make it. All the best.

hi unleash me,

this isn't restricted to any particular weekend or a group kind of meet, so whenever you're free you're welcome to drop in just by yourself! just let me know a couple of days in advance so i can be free.

regards

ok guys DISASTER HAS STRUCK :mad: one of the mullard ecc83 tubes went to tube heaven last night. so am looking out for a new pair. i'd suggest those who want to come over hang on a week or two longer cos the phono with a mullard is simply seductive you cant get up! not the same with the valvo ecc83. i'm also getting a pair of rca radiotron 45 tubes in place of the 2A3 so that would make a better audition, more variety!

regards

you sure did have everything to do with it. the poor toob got stage fright with so many people wanting to come over and died! :p

Venkat is in Delhi.
I took him over to Virens last evening so that he could get a taste of what Lyrita cooks up.
He'll be posting his impressions soon.

Venkat is in Delhi.
I took him over to Virens last evening so that he could get a taste of what Lyrita cooks up.
He'll be posting his impressions soon.

so i guess you were the guys making all the music when i called viren last evening! cool waiting to hear his impressions. hope he listened to vinyl too?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back