iPad 2 or iPad 3 ?

Shivam

I have been planning to buy an iPad but now I don't know which one to choose out of the two versions.

My main use will be -
browsing the web
use as a remote control for my music system (I need iOS for this and so Android is out)
sometimes reading ebooks in pdf format.

I already own a kindle for reading ebooks but pdf are not easy to read on that.
I use an old Sony phone with which I am very happy.

Can someone help me choose the version of iPad I should go for ?

hi
have been using ipad 2 for about 1.5 years and it serves ur requirement (as listed by u).
my friends in US have suggested not to upgrade to ipad3 as itz not worth the money .. ipad 3 screen is amazing but ..still is it worth the price ..? and no one uses the ipad camera ..which is upgraded in ipad 3 as we always keep it in a cover the back camera is always closed and it is not convenient to use the big ipad for it ...

bye

Shivam,

I was in a similar boat a few weeks ago an almost got an Ipad3 from Dubai but instead got an Ipad2 due to the issues with Ipad3 heating up a lot and more recently WiFi connectivity issues. Both of these would take some time to get resolved.

Luckily the store manager in Dubai was a patient of my brother so he gave out this info to my bro on a need to know basis. In fact their store is returning the whole container of Ipad3 due to these issues. Ipad 2 prices have fallen down considerable but are expected to rise due to fact that consumers are sticking to purchasing to the Ipad2 for now and shortage may be expected.

Just my 2 cents.

Have you seen the display on the 3? Once you do, the question is answered.

Have you seen the display on the 3? Once you do, the question is answered.

Unfortunately I haven't. I've heard it is good but for me beauty lies in functionality. Does the higher resolution give any real advantage in my intended use?

iPad3 has advanced chip A5X ( A5 in ipad2 ) and retina display.

But as per the initial usage reports published the power optimization is not good as compared to iPad2 causing the excessive heating issues. Please follow up before you decide.

-Sunil

Slightly OT, but if one's main use is reading PDFs then Sony PRS-T1 is a fantastic reader. Kindle is not so good at PDFs.

Of course for browsing and TV remote tablet is the way to go.

i have been using the ipad 2 for quite a while and was really interested in buying the new ipad but I am waiting for the issues to be resolved. At the current prices the 16 GB wifi only ipad is a steal.

I have used Ipad 2 for about a year and Ipad 3 for about a month.

Both the devices will be way above your threshold of satisfaction. To simply put it,

If Your satisfaction level is 50
Ipad 2 - 80
Ipad 3 - 100 (more due to the display as functionality wise I didn't notice any difference)

It is upto you if you want that extra 20% when you will be happy with Ipad 2 at half the price.

PS: I will continue to use Ipad 2 and Ipad 3 will go to my sister.

Unfortunately I haven't. I've heard it is good but for me beauty lies in functionality. Does the higher resolution give any real advantage in my intended use?

I have been using ipad for 2 years and got a chance to use new iPad3 of my brother in law for 2 days. Screen resolution make hell lot of difference.

Text is crisper and considerably more pleasant to read. You will be spoiled by the new ipad sharp screen.

Apps optimized for the iPad 3s Retina graphics looks fantastic.

Video optimized for the iPad 3s double-resolution display will make you wonder how you ever made do with less.

You just take it in your hand for 5 minutes i bet you will not buy any other tablet.

are you sure you want ipad for your remote control?
Try sony tablet. It has IR blaster and a universal remote to control (IIRC) upto 5 devices. It seems to be the best for HT. Except "remote" app of apple, it is much more fantastic for home theater. I also like the design and the way it feels in your hand, with a teardrop cross section.

are you sure you want ipad for your remote control?
Try sony tablet. It has IR blaster and a universal remote to control (IIRC) upto 5 devices. It seems to be the best for HT. Except "remote" app of apple, it is much more fantastic for home theater. I also like the design and the way it feels in your hand, with a teardrop cross section.

I need iOS for the app to work. The remote will work through wi-fi to control my network based storage and clients.

I guess any issues with the new iPad will be solved through software updates. So if you'r buying for the first time better buy the new iPad . My sister has picked up the new iPad in Australia, the only issue is it's not 4g complaint yet. But 3G and wifi is perfect. So the new iPad it is, go for it.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back