iPod dock connector plug

keith_correa

Anyone know of places where an iPod dock connector plug would be available in Mumbai? I need to construct a line out to RCA cable for my iPod and haven't seen the plugs available anywhere.

What would be the objective?

If it is to override the ipod dac I believe you will need to build a harddisk based solution like the wadia transport to ignore the ipod dac, maybe more difficult but the results would probably be much better.

What would be the objective?

If it is to override the ipod dac I believe you will need to build a harddisk based solution like the wadia transport to ignore the ipod dac, maybe more difficult but the results would probably be much better.

Objective: To bypass the headphone amplifier.

hey - I found it here ?????? . I have sent an email to Derek and hope to hear from him. Price is reasonable @ Rs 120 approx.

Thanks! Please keep me posted when he responds.

I went to Lamington Rd. today and tried unsuccessfully to get the plug. There was 1 guy selling a cable with the connector at one end and a wall wart at the other. He said I could have it for 50 bucks. The connector looked like it could be split apart by just prising it but I wasn't sure if it would have all the pins inside. For all you know the manufacturers may have just exposed the power pins which would be logical given the use of the particular cable. After coming home I was kicking myself for not buying it. It was just Rs.50 after all. Stingy me! :eek:

I can understand the audio out - how can they have video out too in the same 3.5mm socket?

might be the 3 connection pin which usually came with the old portable vcd players. Not sure though. but i feel at ~2$ its worth taking the risk!!

I was also looking out for an iPod dock which has RCA audio out terminals and preferably charging option as well (not mandatory). Looking out for cheaper alternatives. Any makeshift arrangement will also do provided it works fine.

Got it cheaper here. Ordered it because from the pics on that site it definitely looks as if it could be easily prised open.

I was also looking out for an iPod dock which has RCA audio out terminals and preferably charging option as well (not mandatory). Looking out for cheaper alternatives. Any makeshift arrangement will also do provided it works fine.

which ipod you have?
i have one with 3.5 mm out and cable connector
as my 160 GB pod not fitting i was planning to sell it off!

which ipod you have?
i have one with 3.5 mm out and cable connector
as my 160 GB pod not fitting i was planning to sell it off!

I have an iPod classic video 120gb.
I wanted something which utilizes the audio line out from the dock connector of the iPod rather than the headphone out of iPod. Could you please post any pictures of your connector.

Last edited:
In ipod stores there s one av composite cable which can be connected through ipod dock pins. It has rca out. It can be connected to a pre amp or int amp. And video out can be connected to a tv to see a picture or video. There s one more available there that is av component cable. In it the video is signaled through component cable. Does any body have any idea or review

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back