• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Is Android progressing towards Ultrawide screen (21:9 Aspect Ratio) ?

elangoas

Hi All,

With the Android mobile screen progressing from Wide screen 16:9 -> 18:9 ->19.5:9 aspect ratio, pretty sure there are going to be almost bezel less display, cramming display in every corner of the phone (i love it though) in the near future and inching towards 21:9, widescreen ratio very soon, which is also the aspect ratio for movies and preferred gaming aspect ratio.. But, this is mobile screen & OS..

The Android TV OS which is on Nvidia Shield, Xiaomi Mibox and most recent LED-TV, is still widescreen 16:9.. Hopefully, they will also support ultra-widescreen ratio..

Some years ago Philips had Ultrawide LCD TV (Cinema series), much ahead of its time.. Is there a possibility (or) can we hope to see some Ultra widescreen LED TV with (or without) Android TV OS built in, in the near future?..

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

ajuvignesh

We already have a lot of 21:1 monitors in the market. It’s highly likely that 21:1 tv will be available soon but I don’t think it will sell as much as 16:9 Tvs. I reckon, the wall by Samsung is a modular unit and can make any aspect ratio.

elangoas

Sony Xperia XA3 would be one of the first Android mobile with 21:9, Cinema aspect ratio and a big marketing term..https://www.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-xa3-plus-21-9-display/

Hope, it may soon get to other budget models in sometime and finally there would be no black bars on top & bottom of the small mobile display for movies..

With streaming gaining traction and possibility of HD audio codecs, would there be new entertainment segment?.. Dolby Atmos / Dts X Headphones more accessible?..

SPONSORED ADS