Is Hathway good in Bangalore?

GNBOSE

Dear forum members,

I went through with many of the posts in forum, and after a little analysis I went with Hathway HD STB. However, still I am in a big confusion on.. did I really made a right choice? need your help! please share your experience with Hathway

Thinking whether to continue with Hathway or to go with the new D2H (Currently Videocon D2H as an option in my mind)

My 2 months usage experience with Hathway ...:
  • The clarity is not so great!
  • all the regional channels are not part of standard pack as initially promised!!
  • User Interface is really worst and horrible!!!
  • We can create favourite profiles up to 4 and each is limited with 25 Channels adding option!!!
  • its very frequent some local/regional channel goes off with blank screen / blur shacking video
  • Recently 'Maa & Maa movies (Regional > Telugu)' went with 'Star' network, hence the LCO demanding to pay 50/- additional!!

Hi

There is a thread on Hathway Cable and Set top boxes where users from various cities have posted their experiences....you can check there specific to Bengaluru

I hope you went for a HD STB rather than a normal STB. Even if you did not subscribe to HD channels, the channel clarity is better on the HD STB box.
By chance you got a normal STB, ask to be upgraded to HD STB. They usually charge 1000 for an exchange and a 1 month HD channel subscription charge of 100. They currently have more than 40 HD channels on offer.
Hathway is alright here in Bangalore, very very limited disturbance in transmission so far for the last 2 yrs that i have used them.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back