Is HFV community getting abrasive and is that a concern?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know you but yes pushing objectivity is wrong and may have lead to the opinions you see here. People can be in the subjective or objective camp as long as you don't try to force your opinions on others.

Mods, this is getting out of hand. Please lock this thread for now. Let's give everyone some time to settle down the emotions.

Again, is that wrong? I personally think there's nothing wrong with it, though I could use some break from the forum (which I'm slowly doing).

If other FMs and mods feel that objectivity is wrong and only owners are allowed to comment on things, I won't.
No but why did u start an argument in bitstream on a tv thread when I advised some one with an avr set up based on my experience with an avr? You should learn to not involve in things that doesn’t concern you. Every one comments on things they don’t own. But not argue and throw education, career in the face of an argument. You always want to win an argument and that’s is why u called jvc nx7 crap when you don’t even have a projector nor seen a nx7 in action.
Sorry to say, but this is a bit rude, man.
Dude I also completed Electronics engineering from a top college and working in a highly technical domain for a top Mnc company in the world.Do I bring that in the argument? Yes again I will say to hell with education and career. No one can say that in an audio video forum and mock others.

No but why did u start an argument in bitstream on a tv thread when I advised some one with an avr set up based on my experience with an avr? You should learn to not involve in things that doesn’t concern you. Every one comments on things they don’t own. But not argue and throw education, career in the face of an argument. You always want to win an argument and that’s is why u called jvc nx7 crap.
I've mentioned it in the past but as I mentioned I shouldn't have.

Again, I didn't bring it to win an argument but to show that I do know about how the software and kernel works and am not just throwing stuff around. I have had better achievements in life if I wanted to show that off to win arguments. I just thought it will be relevant that I know how audio codecs work on an OS level.

I'm admitting that I wasn't in the right there. However, you were even worse by using abusive language and making fun of me on that thread again and again and here as well.
Dude I also completed Electronics engineering from a top college and working in a highly technical domain. Do I bring that in the argument? Yes again I will say to hell with education and career. No one can say that in a audio video forum and mock others.
If there's something that does involve highly complicated electrical engineering stuff, you should bring that up that you have the knowledge of this field through my education. Nothing wrong with it.

I don't know you but yes pushing objectivity is wrong and may have lead to the opinions you see here. People can be in the subjective or objective camp as long as you don't try to force your opinions on others.
I don't have problems with the subjective camp. I have problems with gatekeeping and members with gear having a superiority complex and ganging up on others.

Anyway, I think I've said everything I wanted to say here. Everything is out in the open and FMs and Mods can decide who was in the wrong here and if I was really a troll. If you feel like I did something again forum rules, please let me know.

As long as FMs are willing to have a civil discussion (unlike the one above with abuses and personal attacks), I'm all ears and keyboards.

@lightgamer

If you would engage @Decadent_Spectre in a conversation since he is already on this thread, maybe we might all benefit from it.

I have read a few of your earlier posts and I though that they were pretty technically accurate but I am no man to judge since I don't have the technical qualifications. Not belittling @Love4sound here but just an observation.

I've mentioned it in the past but as I mentioned I shouldn't have.

Again, I didn't bring it to win an argument but to show that I do know about how the software and kernel works and am not just throwing stuff around. I have had better achievements in life if I wanted to show that off to win arguments. I just thought it will be relevant that I know how audio codecs work on an OS level.

I'm admitting that I wasn't in the right there. However, you were even worse by using abusive language and making fun of me on that thread again and again and here as well.

If there's something that does involve highly complicated electrical engineering stuff, you should bring that up that you have the knowledge of this field through my education. Nothing wrong with it.
Nope this is a hobby and I don’t want to be involved in any objective related topics. My personal choice. And even if I know something and certain I will tell it based on experience without the need to show off on my educational and job background. I didn’t abuse you nope. I was rude yes and you deserve it. Again let me be clear what ever you shared in this forum isn’t holy Grail that some one needs a high education. A 10 year old can google and learn all in minutes time so don’t be bringing your education or job background atleast to me directly in a conversation.My reaction wil be the same to any one. We have had many conversations in the past did it end like this?
As long as FMs are willing to have a civil discussion (unlike the one above with abuses and personal attacks), I'm all ears and keyboards.
Abuses and personal attack? You told ur highly educated and know more then most fm and out of no where started an argument on bitstreaming when all I did was advise another fm with a Denon avr to move from FS. Don’t play the victim card. You insulted a fm calling him 10th fail, and another fm when he said he uses a lg Oled tv in his studio to make films and you asked which cheap studio if he is working cause no reference monitor has been provided. Do you want me to pull al this and share here?

Last edited:
I don't have problems with the subjective camp. I have problems with gatekeeping and members with gear having a superiority complex and ganging up on others.

I have no idea what transpired but your posts here indicate that you try to push your views on others. All I am trying to tell you is that you can "die on that hill" as you phrase it yourself but don't try to make other's die on that hill too, that means if you say item X is better than item Y, if someone disagrees with you then you should agree to disagree peacefully rather than arguing with them based on objective data which you believe is superior to their opinions. You believe the objective data is absolute and thus correct but it isn't (meaning the measurements are true but data can not speak for preference or absolute superiority, it only is what it is, a set of numbers defining parameters, it is humans who put a tag of superiority on those numbers) as others have opinions and no amount of objective data in the world will make them agree with you, at the same time nothing will make you agree with them. In such a case it is best to agree to disagree and walk away to avoid arguments.

This post isn't trying to argue with you, only telling you why people are saying the things they are about you. I'l just say this, in another life I was an AVS objectivist so I do understand where your coming from and am trying to help you with a more peaceful forum experience for everyone.

And (in a twist) I'm out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back