Is HFV community getting abrasive and is that a concern?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1
Yes, i was targeted by this one young troll who just kept arguing with me, gave up & stopped replying to the thread, for some it will be like a personal attack & that might make them quit this community.

My suggestion would be for these trolls, do an IP ban so they don't come back with another Forum ID. With these lockdowns & Schools/Colleges being shut, has brought these wannabes here who don't know jack shit of Hifi or anything electronic related, they just read online & come & argue for the sake of it. I have seen this happening to @Love4sound in his threads.

This has to be filtered asap so my request to the Mods/Admin, we need Strict Moderation henceforth.

Thank You.
My suggestion is that we should not be prejudiced against all young people. In my experience many are very polite, well behaved, curious to learn and a sensitive antenna for BS.
I think there is no age limit for trolls…?

What a troll man. Avoid arguing with such wannabe hifi enthusiast, actually feel sorry for them.
Don't take his comments regarding your JVC projector to heart, he is envious of you ;)
Hahaha i dont care man. These are just electronics and gadgets so who cares what anyone thinks about them.
Im into manufacturing and i run into several people who sometimes complain me of my product. If the complaint is genuine, i listen. If not then i dont pay attention coz i know its not true. Coz many people do it just for the sake of it.

Last edited:
My suggestion is that we should not be prejudiced against all young people. In my experience many are very polite, well behaved, curious to learn and a sensitive antenna for BS.
Absolutely. I have personally interacted with quite a few of our young FM's with great pleasure.

This is the peril of being in any public forum. Let's not take it into our heads. Abusive people are found in all social media and similar forums.

Being matured and music lover let's move on. But at the same time we must report such posts and try to keep this wonderful forum a nice place to connect with like minded people

Most people (and all young people) don’t like to be “patronised”

I think a lot of rude behaviour online can be prevented if experienced and knowledgeable members with so much to
share and teach, take care that the “tone” of their posts do not unintentionally sound patronising or dogmatic. This seems to trigger trolling instincts and behaviours.

But I agree we all could do with thicker skin, mindfulness and humility in being lifelong learners.

Reactions: ssf
Most people (and all young people) don’t like to be “patronised”

I think a lot of rude behaviour online can be prevented if experienced and knowledgeable members with so much to
share and teach, take care that the “tone” of their posts do not unintentionally sound patronising or dogmatic. This seems to trigger trolling instincts and behaviours.

But I agree we all could do with thicker skin, mindfulness and humility in being lifelong learners.
Apologies if my posts sounded patronizing. That was not the intention.

Edit: Another thing that I would like to mention. And no, this is not a sermon or anything. Nobody's perfect. Me, I have quite a few faults. And yes, I make mistakes. The important thing for me at least is to admit it, learn from it and try to not repeat it in the future. I don't mean my posts in this thread but in general.

A naughty mindset does not wither with age.

Last edited:
Apologies if my posts sounded patronizing. That was not the intention.
@ssf definitely not!!!
I was not referring to your posts or anyone else’s in particular.
This was just a general observation after watching several interesting/promising threads on different forums deteriorate to name calling, insults and worse.

@ssf definitely not!!!
I was not referring to your posts or anyone else’s in particular.
This was just a general observation after watching several interesting/promising threads on different forums deteriorate to name calling, insults and worse.
When I re-read my post, it did sound a bit patronizing, so there. :p

Hey fellow FMs including the mods(@Nikhil) , just giving my 2 cents here. I'm more than willing to accept where I'm wrong and won't repeat them. Just want to clear the air here.

First of all, on the JVC topic, I apologize for the insensitive comments I made. However, I do not take back the part that projectors inherently have lower brightness and are not as good as TVs when it comes to HDR presentation.

I can link to various sources from HDTVTest like this one:

If I need to own something to give an opinion on it, that would be gatekeeping. If you want to avoid that, please add that to forum rules and I won't comment on such things.

Now on to the firestick comments with @Love4sound. As he himself cleared on the other thread, he claimed that he was bitstreaming from both, and I claimed that bitstreaming should sound the same on both sources. This is an absolute fact, and when it came clear, the firestick indeed was NOT bitstreaming content(converting DTS to DD), proving me right.

I am in the middle of completing my HT setup and obviously don't own a lot of stuff. I have clearly mentioned what I own in my signature below and I do plan to get an OLED + an HT this year. If you don't want people to comment on things that they don't own, please make it in the rules of the forum rather than ganging up and making fun of them.

I never claimed to own anything I don't, and will never.

On both these threads, any claim I made was not proven false. I'd agree that I'm trolling if I say some objectively wrong thing, however I have done no such thing.
Ah, a Computer Science graduate from the topmost college in India. Hmm..Qualified enough to say whatever he wants.
This is pure ganging up on someone by making fun of him, and that too on a personal level.

Just to be clear, this was made in the context that I do know software engineering well and know how codecs work as I've worked on low-level kernel level programming in my past job.
What a troll man. Avoid arguing with such wannabe hifi enthusiast, actually feel sorry for them.
Don't take his comments regarding your JVC projector to heart, he is envious of you ;)
Again a personal attack. This is unbecoming on a thread making the forum a better place.

PS: If you still feel like I've said anything wrong here AND are willing to have a polite discussion, I'm all ears. Again, for the personal insults, I apologize again. I should've done better. I don't want to spread vitriol on the threads even if it's felt so in the past.

Also, this is just my personal opinion but just because someone owns X doesn't make him the expert of that thing and superior to others. I'd still trust HDTVTest or rtings than an FM on some technical point since we're all humans and humans will always provide biased data contrary to objective testing.

Hey fellow FMs including the mods(@Nikhil) , just giving my 2 cents here. I'm more than willing to accept where I'm wrong and won't repeat them. Just want to clear the air here.

First of all, on the JVC topic, I apologize for the insensitive comments I made. However, I do not take back the part that projectors inherently have lower brightness and are not as good as TVs when it comes to HDR presentation.

If I need to own something to give an opinion on it, that would be gatekeeping. If you want to avoid that, please add that to forum rules and I won't comment on such things.

Now on to the firestick comments with @Love4sound. As he himself cleared on the other thread, he claimed that he was bitstreaming from both, and I claimed that bitstreaming should sound the same on both sources. This is an absolute fact, and when it came clear, the firestick indeed was NOT bitstreaming content(converting DTS to DD), proving me right.

I am in the middle of completing my HT setup and obviously don't own a lot of stuff. I have clearly mentioned what I own in my signature below and I do plan to get an OLED + an HT this year. If you don't want people to comment on things that they don't own, please make it in the rules of the forum rather than ganging up and making fun of them.

On both these threads, any claim I made was not proven false. I'd agree that I'm trolling if I say some objectively wrong thing, however I have done no such thing.

This is pure ganging up on someone by making fun of him, and that too on a personal level.

Just to be clear, this was made in the context that I do know software engineering well and know how codecs work as I've worked on low-level kernel level programming in my past job.

Again a personal attack. This is unbecoming on a thread making the forum a better place.

PS: If you still feel like I've said anything wrong here AND are willing to have a polite discussion, I'm all ears. Again, for the personal insults, I apologize again. I should've done better. I don't want to spread vitriol on the threads even if it's felt so in the past.

Also, this is just my personal opinion but just because someone owns X doesn't make him the expert of that thing and superior to others. I'd still trust HDTVTest or rtings than an FM on some technical point since we're all humans and humans will always provide biased data contrary to objective testing.
First of all why do you even bring the topic bitstream? I advised another fm to remove it from his HT chain as I observed it to be underperforming.No where did I mention about fs and it’s bitstreaming capabilities. Just as I mentioned you purposely poked your nose and started an irrelevant argument. No one needs your technical explanation here on what bit streaming is. You haven’t proved anything right. All your comments are useless and no fm is going to benefit. To hell with ur useless education and kernel experience. No one needs to know. Stop vomiting from YouTube and other forums. Prove it seems. Only thing you have proved is my point. I can pull all the degrading comments you have made on other fms and also how all your posts are nothing just vomit from another forums. Look at my below post. This was on 2019 and unlike u I actually experimented and found it doesn’t bitstream.

Attachments

• CA510EAA-B168-469C-BC98-E4267AC1228C.jpeg
    CA510EAA-B168-469C-BC98-E4267AC1228C.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
First of all why do you even bring the topic bitstream? I advised another fm to remove it from his HT chain as I observed it to be underperforming.No where did I mention about fs and it’s bitstreaming capabilities.
Just sticking that here that you did indeed mention bitstreaming and that it does affect audio quality.
1628361740468.png

Just as I mentioned you purposely poked your nose and started an irrelevant argument. No one needs your technical explanation here on what bit streaming is. You haven’t proved anything right. All your comments are useless and no fm is going to benefit. To hell with ur useless education and kernel experience. No one needs to know. Stop vomiting from YouTube and other forums
Well, here it is ladies and gentlemen. This is the behaviour and language we expect from FMs. I don't think I need to say any more.

Just sticking that here that you did indeed mention bitstreaming and that it does affect audio quality.
View attachment 60770

Well, here it is ladies and gentlemen. This is the behaviour and language we expect from FMs. I don't think I need to say any more.
Keep vomiting with no real experience. 2019 itself I sold it and gave the real reason. Why when I asked another fm to sell his fs you poke ur nose and talk about bitstream? U have never used an avr then why argue? What language? Get back to your college please you need more education

Attachments

• 46A76EC4-7B9B-496C-97ED-22507659FE92.jpeg
    46A76EC4-7B9B-496C-97ED-22507659FE92.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 13

Do you push objectivity?

Keep vomiting with no real experience. 2019 itself I sold it and gave the real reason. Why when I asked another fm to sell his fs you poke ur nose and talk about bitstream? U have never used an avr then why argue?
Yes, I probably shouldn't have argued there. However, you are here gatekeeping and using abusive language just because you own something.

Again, the thing escalated because you used fairly abusive language there and here as well. I'd say you're in the wrong too.

That’s the only thing he does. Please see the screenshots I shared. He pokes his nose in all the arguments when owners share their example with some data from you tube and other forums
Again, is that wrong? I personally think there's nothing wrong with it, though I could use some break from the forum (which I'm slowly doing).

If other FMs and mods feel that objectivity is wrong and only owners are allowed to comment on things, I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back