Is HFV community getting abrasive and is that a concern?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't even own an Oled & he is arguing in a projector thread? what a troll, why didn't you report his ridiculous posts to the mods? if you did what did the mods say?

@Nikhil @captrajesh @arj @Naturelover
Kindly have a look at this, anything can be done?

Thanks.
I reported the part where he insults all fms and claims he is from a well educated background and knows better then most fm. Mostly he would have received a warning and mods cleared those posts

I reported the part where he insults all fms and claims he is from a well educated background and knows better then most fm. Mostly he would have received a warning and mods cleared those posts
Thats not a solution as he will keep coming back & fill this community with his Highly Educated posts which is not own anything,
I think he should be out of this community if you ask me, rather have him out then other Genuine Members who contribute experiences of products that they actually OWN. I m sure the mods can take more serious action henceforth.

Yeah the same user whom you are referring and also one more guy who I highlighted in the above post with screenshot. Let me share another example. This was in a tv thread where a fm shared his 5.1 set up. So based on all the side by side tests agains firestick, Bluray player and nvidia shield I advised the other fm in the same thread hey good set up but change the fs as it doesn’t belong in an avr set up. This other fm who owns nothing picks an argument on bitstreaming in a tv thread. I told him straight away if u have an avr, firestick please experiment and share your feed back and see what he responded . Every one knows how bitstreaming works and for hell I have owned 3 avr’s. This guy is cancer to the forum and he always pokes his nose in all threads when owners are discussing based on real life experience on the products they own. When owners don’t agree to him he passes very insulting commands like have u failed in 10th etc. Owns toshiba and fs but simply arguing about Oled,qled and avr’s that costs lakhs with owners when they share actual experience.
The screenshot you shared has so much arrogance in it that it's out of place anywhere. These kind of posts IMO need some moderating. There has to exist a bare modicum of politeness while communicating.

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. We are all adults on here and we expect most to handle the interactions on here in a reasonable manner. For those asking, please use the "Report" button whenever you see a member trolling a thread. We do take these reports seriously and have taken action when needed.

About the deleted forum members names being removed - this is a function of the forum software. This is because this is normally an extreme step done only at the request of the forum member. We usually give the FM a little time to cool off and think things over before we go through with an account deletion. On the other hand, if a member is banned then the username stays but with a line strike through displayed.

Regards

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. We are all adults on here and we expect most to handle the interactions on here in a reasonable manner. For those asking, please use the "Report" button whenever you see a member trolling a thread. We do take these reports seriously and have taken action when needed.

About the deleted forum members names being removed - this is a function of the forum software. This is because this is normally an extreme step done only at the request of the forum member. We usually give the FM a little time to cool off and think things over before we go through with an account deletion. On the other hand, if a member is banned then the username stays but with a line strike through displayed.

Regards

What about this guy @lightgamer

Have you issued him a warning for his behaviour to other fellow members?

Thanks.

The screenshot you shared has so much arrogance in it that it's out of place anywhere. These kind of posts IMO need some moderating. There has to exist a bare modicum of politeness while communicating.
Arrogance and stupidity. No literate will talk like this in a public forum related to home audio and video

Last edited:
Yeah the same user whom you are referring and also one more guy who I highlighted in the above post with screenshot. Let me share another example. This was in a tv thread where a fm shared his 5.1 set up. So based on all the side by side tests agains firestick, Bluray player and nvidia shield I advised the other fm in the same thread hey good set up but change the fs as it doesn’t belong in an avr set up. This other fm who owns nothing picks an argument on bitstreaming in a tv thread. I told him straight away if u have an avr, firestick please experiment and share your feed back and see what he responded . Every one knows how bitstreaming works and for hell I have owned 3 avr’s. This guy is cancer to the forum and he always pokes his nose in all threads when owners are discussing based on real life experience on the products they own. When owners don’t agree to him he passes very insulting commands like have u failed in 10th etc. Owns toshiba and fs but simply arguing about Oled,qled and avr’s that costs lakhs with owners when they share actual experience.
Ah, a Computer Science graduate from the topmost college in India. Hmm..Qualified enough to say whatever he wants.

on a positive side at least we have identified two trolls here, displaying their member ids so we know when they are around :rolleyes:

@lightgamer @vikrantxtrad

Ah, a Computer Science graduate from the topmost college in India. Hmm..Qualified enough to say whatever he wants.
What a troll man. Avoid arguing with such wannabe hifi enthusiast, actually feel sorry for them.
Don't take his comments regarding your JVC projector to heart, he is envious of you ;)

We have seen worse; a member (good that now he is gone) used the F word in this forum. :(
You are talking about marak? That guy was way better and Atleast he owned an Oled and only involved in tv related topics. Look at this guy. I advise some one who owns an avr to replace firestick and he picks an argument with me on bitstream on a tv thread? Look at all the screenshots I shared. He does nothing but copy paste some data from other forums and picks an argument when some one with real experience shares their opinion. Funny part was every one who had fs in an avr set up agreed to my assessment. And education, science has nothing to do with this hobby. I bet what ever information that fm has shared so far a 10 year old kid can google and share in this forum. The purpose of a forum like hifi vision is for owners to connect and gain knowledge from each experience. Not to vomit data from other forum. That Vikran he posted a80j Oled post from another forum and claimed it’s his tv lol. Insane caught the post and shared it in Hifivision. What shameless act.

We have seen worse; a member (good that now he is gone) used the F word in this forum. :(
At least the mods did the right thing there but these new trolls that are here, the mods have to keep an eye out for them, any stupid responses from them just report them. Thats why i mentioned their Member IDs here, if they misbehave then time to remove the whip as they say
"Spare the Rod Spoil the child" :D

At least the mods did the right thing there but these new trolls that are here, the mods have to keep an eye out for them, any stupid responses from them just report them. Thats why i mentioned their Member IDs here, if they misbehave then time to remove the whip as they say
"Spare the Rod Spoil the child" :D
On a lighter note, how did you track those images on the other forum? That was awesome.

On a lighter note, how did you track those images on the other forum? That was awesome.
Really good work. But also I always had my doubt on that guy. For every argument he will share some random image from the net and most images he will claim its his tv. When he claimed he has a professionally calibrated display in vivid mode I knew it lol :)

Really good work. But also I always had my doubt on that guy. For every argument he will share some random image from the net and most images he will claim its his tv. When he claimed he has a professionally calibrated display in vivid mode I knew it lol :)
Well, he toke the images from a Tv Calibrator & reviewer(CTM Audi) from avsforum, i fortunately know him on avsforum well & we have a lot of conversations regarding tvs & avrs. So i follow his posts there & happened to see the same image pop here & was like "Wait a minute & got a Deja Vu" Then gave it a deep thought & realised it was CTM Audi's pictures from the avsfroum. Best part is i sent him a pm showing him the thread here with his images so he can have a laugh about it, but apparently he didn't take it that well as i thought & told me to tell the forum mods here to remove it immediately & not to allow it henceforth, thats exactly what i did. Won't be surprised if he will be monitoring that thread henceforth ;)

Last edited:
Cool, that was impressive. Nothing wrong with taking reference from other sources but passing it as 'own work' isn't ethical, in my opinion. A disclaimer would have really helped. Not sure if we have a guideline on Plagiarism.

Well, he toke the images from a Tv Calibrator & reviewer(CTM Audi) from avsforum, i fortunately know him on avsforum well & we have a lot of conversations regarding tvs & avrs. So i follow his posts there & happened to see the same image pop here & was like "Wait a minute & got a Deja Vu" Then gave it a deep thought & realised it was CTM Audi's pictures from the avsfroum. Best part is i sent him a pm showing him the thread here with his images so he can have a laugh about it, but apparently he didn't take it that well as i thought & told me to tell the forum mods here to remove it immediately & not to allow it henceforth, thats exactly what i did. Won't be surprised if he will be monitoring that thread henceforth ;)
Funny part was another fm took his post seriously and asked what was the settings in the tv and he replied like out of the box standard mode

Does people from highly educated background talk like this?

The question that is going through my mind is, should we let this affect us. When I mean us, I am mostly talking of members senior in age. Not the hot blooded young genuine enthusiasts we have in the forum. Call me an ass, ridicule my posts on audio, I could not care less. Will probably laugh it off. If I am wrong I will try to learn something from it but else, I would not be bothered.

Not saying that all should do this, but it is always better to wear a thicker skin in life in general and forums in particular.

Edit: The younger genuine enthusiasts will probably find it harder to forgive and forget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back