Is HFV community getting abrasive and is that a concern?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue i am noticing is members becoming fanboys :D
Thats what leads to arguments sometimes they are heated, blame the member's frustrations on the Pandemic?
Who knows but sometimes i see few members getting too aggressive & rude to prove their point, which is Wrong in my opinion.
I always welcome other people's opinions though it might be different then what i think.

Cheers.

Looking back at my interactions here on the forum, I would say 99.9% were in good humour, pleasant, on topic, some very useful, others not so much.

The very small numbers that were either rude or offensive in tone or language however tended to be more intense, emotional and disturbing. On tracking back on these threads I could see in one or two where my posts were opinionated and led to knee jerk reactions or insulting ones.

But the vast majority of interactions on this forum have been good, occasionally not so interesting. And that is important.

A thought: when we find someone’s post offensive or insulting, rather than respond on the thread, we could just flag it with a moderator who could possibly try to deal with it and prevent further unpleasantry?
Yes, ignoring the rudeness and reporting it to the moderators seem to be the best recourse. Avoiding many hot discussions and squabbles.

With the ever increasing number of people on the forum I doubt if we will see an improvement. It is tough to get to the level of moderation that forums like Teambhp has.
Are you saying the moderation on teambhp is good or bad ? As far as I know the mods on team bhp are a bunch of idiots . Mods on HVF are certainly a different lot . More experienced , have bigger ears than the mouth . At least this is my experience .

Thanks Sachin for opening such an useful and relevant thread.
I also feel that fundamentally many people google when they want to buy a product and the search brings up HFV India.
Bang, register and minimum number of posts and you are in. This FM usually is not in the forum for the love of it or to learn but just to get advice about some product, he/she wants to get the best bang for buck (usually TV) and the usual YT videos are discussed and using an hindi expression bal ke khal nikale jaate hai. No love for what HFV stands for. Then problems start with abusive language and brazen expressions as they are in a hurry to get their free advice which is not so easily available outside.
I am not saying all joining FM's do it but many do.
I am very happy to just read threads and my policy is if I don't understand or agree with a particular post I either put my point across civilly or keep quiet and read to increase my knowledge.
Some sort of criteria for entry might solve this problem but I don't know how.
With the hope that people using abusive or poor language would self moderate to make our forum more lively and interesting.
Also hope that senior members who are not active will re-participate to increase the quality of posts in our forum.

Are you saying the moderation on teambhp is good or bad ? As far as I know the mods on team bhp are a bunch of idiots . Mods on HVF are certainly a different lot . More experienced , have bigger ears than the mouth . At least this is my experience .
Hi Yugaaa,I don't want to pass judgment on their system. I have not spend any time there for at-least a decade now. But I know they police the place a lot. I am certainly not in favour of such a place though.

However, if you want discipline when numbers are high, that is the only solution unless you filter memberships using some strict criteria.

Most extreme DIY endeavour by me are not shared by me off-late because of foul language by some forum members. Who am I to correct or debate with anyone. Neither am I or anyone else to loose. But I felt the DIY crowd lost a lot because of me abstaining from posting. I still continue to receive many many tips from my audio mentors from US, Europe and other locations, but I have stopped sharing here now.
Why not ignore them instead of stopping? Just focus on people who appreciate and like minded hobbyists. Just because someone is slinging mud, Not necessary to take it, just duck and move on. Why lose out because of some unplesantry.

I wonder how many FM are reading this thread….
Surely not the target audience! :rolleyes:

Why not ignore them instead of stopping? Just focus on people who appreciate and like minded hobbyists. Just because someone is slinging mud, Not necessary to take it, just duck and move on. Why lose out because of some unplesantry.

Surely not the target audience! :rolleyes:
I feel the point of the suggestion is to address the problem before it manifests in FMs. Today’s sheep may well become an enraged ogre if something ((a word, phrase, an opinion, etc) triggers his anger buttons.
There must be a reason why we have “like” buttons (with emoji options!!!) and no “dislike” buttons.
Targeting does not help build polite behaviour norms in my opinion. Norms work better if everyone is included. Again, that’s just my opinion.

Yeah I remember it was Sachin and also was involved in a thread discussion with him recently.I know he is not the kind of fm who looses his words and gets banned but just got curious
Very disturbing to discover that his account now shows as 'Deleted member 15865'. I wonder what triggered this action :(

Very disturbing to know that his account has been deleted. I wonder what triggered this action :(
Yeah same here. As I mentioned we both where involved in a thread discussion together where he and other fms had some unwanted arguments . He was not in any fault but there where two other fms picking arguments for the sake of arguing and targeting him. Shameful behaviour by them.

I find the moderators pretty liberal, so I will be surprised to know they deleted the account. Probably he requested to have his account deleted. Nevertheless, it's sad to see a senior member part away like this.

Not sure whether he was banned or decided to quit the forum. Our Loss!

His writing was very good.
Surprised to see him go.
However when things get out of hand, we all react differently.

I find the moderators pretty liberal, so I will be surprised to know they deleted the account. Probably he requested to have his account deleted. Nevertheless, it's sad to see a senior member part away like this.

Sachin asked to have his account deleted.
A couple of the mods asked him to think it over.
We gave him the weekend the think it over but he insisted.

Not really sure why he was so upset that he wanted to leave.

Sachin asked to have his account deleted.
A couple of the mods asked him to think it over.
We gave him the weekend the think it over but he insisted.

Not really sure why he was so upset that he wanted to leave.

Nikhil, his decision must be influenced by one of these newcomers doing all these baseless arguments with experienced members here, heck most of these young kids don't even own anything.

I request for strict moderation with these guys, they are just trolls & don't provide anything useful here, they just grab random pics & claim it was taken by them, all this could lead to issues on the forum legally.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back