Is HFV community getting abrasive and is that a concern?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikhil, his decision must be influenced by one of these newcomers doing all these baseless arguments with experienced members here, heck most of these young kids don't even own anything.

I request for strict moderation with these guys, they are just trolls & don't provide anything useful here, they just grab random pics & claim it was taken by them, all this could lead to issues on the forum legally.

Thanks.
Biggest problem is some are here for the sake of winning arguments. See this for example. This guy (not revealing the FM) has a toshiba tv and in all Oled and tv threads you will see this guy arguing with all the owners posting objective data having no real experience on the product. He also doesn’t have an avr or any product worth mentioning here but you will see him picking arguments, passing insulting comments in almost all the threads which won’t be even relevant to the OP. I understand you can participate on any discussions without owning a product but when a user gives a feedback on his experience you need to argue based on your experience on that product and not from Objective data you gathered from YouTube or other forums.These guys don’t understand every one can get these data themselves and the real reason for the forum is for hobbyists to share their experience and learn from others experience and not objective data from you tube or other av forums. Current generation is full of online bullies, keyboard warriors and social media is their play ground.

Attachments

• 62A078AD-7091-4F19-B1FD-BFAE25AA54AD.jpeg
    62A078AD-7091-4F19-B1FD-BFAE25AA54AD.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
@Nikhil is it possible to not delete user names. It makes searching for old threads very difficult.

For instance, I remember Celester posting a bunch of useful things but it’s now nigh impossible to search and go back to those threads.

I mean a member always has the right to not use his account any more. Wouldn’t locking access to the account or some sort of a ban be a perhaps better way to do this without impacting the usability of the forum at large?

I can not believe it. He is an asset to this great forum. I always found his posts very useful.
It is my humble request to mods that they should keep in touch with him till he changes his decision. People like him are becoming a very rare breed of those who write such informative posts.

Sachin Chavan should be informed of this popular request for his return. He needs to know there are several FMs who are appreciative of his participation and well expressed opinions. He need not let trolls control this part of his existence.
A period away from the forum might be good for him to regain composure and balance. Hopefully he will be reborn here again, wiser, rejuvenated.
As for the trolls, I think their punishment is in … being what they are.

As for the trolls, I think their punishment is in … being what they are.
+1

It's sad about Sachin. He was one of the "decent" and articulate people around in this forum. I, for one appreciated his posts a lot. Our loss!

These days, when I post in a thread and I sense a direction that the thread is going to take, I find it better to walk away rather than feed the "trolls". Walking away is in contrast to my nature - which is to engage the kind, poke holes in their arguments and take them down systematically but I increasingly find that tiresome and it takes a toll on me because they and their fanboys feed in packs and there's just too many of them.. :rolleyes:

Older but wiser is what I choose to think I am when walking away! :p

In my personal view, quitting the forum because of the trolls is not the right thing to do. If all were to do that, only the trolls would be left and we can't have that. I have had personal interactions with Sachin and I found him to be "Intense and serious about anything he engages in". His words actually, when we were agreeing to disagree on a few issues which my tiny brain finally realised that he was trying to put a point across that was refusing to come across !!

Please get back to the forum, Sachin. Don't let the trolls win. And I need to be corrected quite frequently too.

Afaic Sachin Chavan is without a shadow of a doubt one of the stalwarts of hifivision. Ever so polite and courteous not to mention erudite, eloquent and articulate and his posts have that unmistakable aura about them. As I said earlier it is very unfortunate and disturbing to see his account now showing as 'Deleted member 15865'. A tremendous loss to our forum. Sachin, if you're reading this, you'll see the sincerity, admiration and appreciation by so many FMs. Your presence is and will always be greatly missed. I hope you have a change of heart and return ASAP :) Ignore the naysayers and trolls. Let them stew in their own juice!

Like many already mentioned - Sachin's posts were always very eloquent, he was never (not that I remember of any incident) out of line, and was always clear in what he thought, and always came across as a composed human being. Now we also saw when that levee finally broke, the first time I ever read a post (from whatever I have seen) from Sachin where he retaliated with frustration. He was almost being stalked.

Now - we have had all sorts of people here - I have been on this forum since 09, mostly as a silent spectator, as I felt I was out of place in this soup of scholars (still do). Regardless things have happened in the past - much worse perhaps, but one thing is clear - there are always those who will drive you up the wall. ALWAYS.

Is leaving the forum the right decision, I don't know - this is a true loss to the forum and being such an active member I am sure he will miss the forum too, that makes the decision so much more difficult. Looking at his posts he always came across as someone who spoke his mind without being judgemental or argumentative. The art of having a discussion or a pragmatic debate is indeed a rarity in today's age of anonymity, and he has this quality in truck loads. I respect Sachin's decision, whatever the cause, as nothing is worth the mental peace and yes it will be great to have him back.

Thanks for confirming instead of all of us debating whether banned or deleted.
Certainly Sachin will not be banned. It is his decision and nothing can be done about that. Will miss his posts though.

Like many already mentioned - Sachin's posts were always very eloquent, he was never (not that I remember of any incident) out of line, and was always clear in what he thought, and always came across as a composed human being. Now we also saw when that levee finally broke, the first time I ever read a post (from whatever I have seen) from Sachin where he retaliated with frustration. He was almost being stalked.

Now - we have had all sorts of people here - I have been on this forum since 09, mostly as a silent spectator, as I felt I was out of place in this soup of scholars (still do). Regardless things have happened in the past - much worse perhaps, but one thing is clear - there are always those who will drive you up the wall. ALWAYS.

Is leaving the forum the right decision, I don't know - this is a true loss to the forum and being such an active member I am sure he will miss the forum too, that makes the decision so much more difficult. Looking at his posts he always came across as someone who spoke his mind without being judgemental or argumentative. The art of having a discussion or a pragmatic debate is indeed a rarity in today's age of anonymity, and he has this quality in truck loads. I respect Sachin's decision, whatever the cause, as nothing is worth the mental peace and yes it will be great to have him back.
I am sure he must still be a silent reader and motivating posts like these will soon make him to come on board again

It is my humble request to mods that they should keep in touch with him till he changes his decision. People like him are becoming a very rare breed of those who write such informative posts.
Very Well Put, Sachin should Reconsider his decision, We all should Develop some amount of thick skin to avoid getting carried away with the trolls.

BTW How Can one do a protest on a Online Forum? How do you react to something you disapprove in a online platform? Is there a "dislike" or "thumbs down" button? So, is Getting out of the Forum the only option?

Very Well Put, Sachin should Reconsider his decision, We all should Develop some amount of thick skin to avoid getting carried away with the trolls.

BTW How Can one do a protest on a Online Forum? How do you react to something you disapprove in a online platform? Is there a "dislike" or "thumbs down" button? So, is Getting out of the Forum the only option?
There is an angry button but I doubt that will help much. I agree with wearing a thick skin definitely online and in a few cases offline too.

If this trend continues, many of us may also some day follow the same path…..
+1
Yes, i was targeted by this one young troll who just kept arguing with me, gave up & stopped replying to the thread, for some it will be like a personal attack & that might make them quit this community.

My suggestion would be for these trolls, do an IP ban so they don't come back with another Forum ID. With these lockdowns & Schools/Colleges being shut, has brought these wannabes here who don't know jack shit of Hifi or anything electronic related, they just read online & come & argue for the sake of it. I have seen this happening to @Love4sound in his threads.

This has to be filtered asap so my request to the Mods/Admin, we need Strict Moderation henceforth.

Thank You.

Last edited:
+1
Yes, i was targeted by this one young troll who just kept arguing with me, gave up & stopped replying to the thread, for some it will be like a personal attack & that might make them quit this community.

My suggestion would be for these trolls, do an IP ban so they don't come back with another Forum ID. With these lockdowns & Schools/Colleges being shut, has brought these wannabes here who don't know jack shit of Hifi or anything electronic related, they just read online & come & argue for the sake of it. I have seen this happening to @Love4sound in his threads.

This has to be filtered asap so my request to the Mods/Admin, we need Strict Moderation henceforth.

Thank You.
Yeah the same user whom you are referring and also one more guy who I highlighted in the above post with screenshot. Let me share another example. This was in a tv thread where a fm shared his 5.1 set up. So based on all the side by side tests agains firestick, Bluray player and nvidia shield I advised the other fm in the same thread hey good set up but change the fs as it doesn’t belong in an avr set up. This other fm who owns nothing picks an argument on bitstreaming in a tv thread. I told him straight away if u have an avr, firestick please experiment and share your feed back and see what he responded . Every one knows how bitstreaming works and for hell I have owned 3 avr’s. This guy is cancer to the forum and he always pokes his nose in all threads when owners are discussing based on real life experience on the products they own. When owners don’t agree to him he passes very insulting commands like have u failed in 10th etc. Owns toshiba and fs but simply arguing about Oled,qled and avr’s that costs lakhs with owners when they share actual experience.

Attachments

• C5E8BEA6-1CD8-4134-9B8B-A0BC3B361257.jpeg
    C5E8BEA6-1CD8-4134-9B8B-A0BC3B361257.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 69
Yeah the same user whom you are referring and also one more guy who I highlighted in the above post with screenshot. Let me share another example. This was in a tv thread where a fm shared his 5.1 set up. So based on all the side by side tests agains firestick, Bluray player and nvidia shield I advised the other fm in the same thread hey good set up but change the fs as it doesn’t belong in an avr set up. This other fm who owns nothing picks an argument on bitstreaming in a tv thread. I told him straight away if u have an avr, firestick please experiment and share your feed back and see what he responded . Every one knows how bitstreaming works and for hell I have owned 3 avr’s. This guy is cancer to the forum and he always pokes his nose in all threads when owners are discussing based on real life experience on the products they own. When owners don’t agree to him he passes very insulting commands like have u failed in 10th etc. Owns toshiba and fs but simply arguing about Oled,qled and avr’s that costs lakhs with owners when they share actual experience.
Please share the member ids. We all need to know & that will keep us on alert from these trolls.

Please share the member ids. We all need to know & that will keep us on alert from these trolls.
Well since you asked let me share another example and this time with the fm handle. See wen a jvcnx7 owner shared his feedback on projector experience he insults that jvc is crap. Thread was clearly on projectors but this guy pokes his nose and trashes projectors and acts like a Oled fan boy without actually owning an Oled. His reasoning is science, education and he dismisses every ones experience. Lol what a troll

Attachments

• B4752580-2F0B-4986-AFCD-E5C0F3C53149.jpeg
    B4752580-2F0B-4986-AFCD-E5C0F3C53149.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Well since you asked let me share another example and this time with the fm handle. See wen a jvcnx7 owner shared his feedback on projector experience he insults that jvc is crap. Thread was clearly on projectors but this guy pokes his nose and trashes projectors and acts like a Oled fan boy without actually owning an Oled. His reasoning is science, education and he dismisses every ones experience. Lol what a troll
He doesn't even own an Oled & he is arguing in a projector thread that Oled is superior? His responses to Tuhin was harsh & he insulted him for owning a JVC calling it crappy? He is a proper Troll. Why didn't you report his ridiculous posts to the mods? if you did, what did the mods say?

@Nikhil @captrajesh @arj @Naturelover
Kindly have a look at this, anything can be done?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back