IS it safe to buy imported tv from ebay?

madhavk8

I am looking to replace my 51D550 plasma and searching a lot for vfm large tvs. In ebay I found 55 Samsung KU6000 at around 75-80k. The seller seems to have thousands of positive feedback from genuine buyers and also is giving 1 year seller warranty.

Not sure if it is a good option or not. Anyone has bought tv's from ebay?? Need guidance on this. Also after the 1 year is done if I go to Samsung service centre for any repairs will they cause problems saying its imported or if I pay they will repair if there is any problem?

I have bought imported mobile phones from eBay and they were genuine and of a better quality than the Indian manufactured ones and still work good after four years.
Samsung may say that since its an import model,spares are not available here,but the product would be genuine and would be like eBay saved you the hassle of going to bankok and carrying the tv

It all depends on the seller, if you get it through a good seller then you can get good deals and reliable product. If not you need to run around for everything. It's more or like a gamble.

Try through Quickr and Olx. 55ku6000 is available (without warranty) for 60k

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Buying a TV and a cell phone are altogether different cup of tea. Who's gonna bear the freight and duty. Cause by volumetric weight freight will be a killer here.

Last edited:
I agree and that is why purchase of big articles like TV s make even more sence when they are imported.Having two imported TVs at home which I personally bought from abroad,I firmly vouch for the fact that goods manufactured abroad have a better quality.
I bought a made in India Samsung note 4 where the battery went kaput within a year,where as the made for Honkong Lg old flagship mobile has been working well for years.

I agree and that is why purchase of big articles like TV s make even more sence when they are imported.Having two imported TVs at home which I personally bought from abroad,I firmly vouch for the fact that goods manufactured abroad have a better quality.
I bought a made in India Samsung note 4 where the battery went kaput within a year,where as the made for Honkong Lg old flagship mobile has been working well for years.
Batteries are usually made in China/Vietnam or Korea.. So bad example. But I agree that Made in India still doesn't sound good (unfortunately).

Better to get without warranty or 3rd party warranty TVs from independent importers than buying through official sources in India. Don't know when will we learn to be at par with international standards which is currently only in the books and specifications than practice!

Batteries are usually made in China/Vietnam or Korea.. So bad example. But I agree that Made in India still doesn't sound good (unfortunately).

Better to get without warranty or 3rd party warranty TVs from independent importers than buying through official sources in India. Don't know when will we learn to be at par with international standards which is currently only in the books and specifications than practice!

Hey Pranshu. How are you buddy? Long time !!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back