Is it time to sell my CRT ?

Friends,

Just an update finally bought a Sony 40" LED from Bangkok at a very good price... :) --- ( and sold off the CRT ) also bought Optoma HD20 PJ and looking for a screen for the same...

Regards,
Naren

So you did buy a projector after all! :)

For the screen, I will suggest a light gray screen (high contrast) that will enhance blacks and reduce reflection back on to the walls. This article should help you.

Friends,

Just an update finally bought a Sony 40" LED from Bangkok at a very good price... :) --- ( and sold off the CRT ) also bought Optoma HD20 PJ and looking for a screen for the same...

Regards,
Naren

Small question... Did you buy the HD20 from Bangkok or from India... Also what price did you buy it...

Hi Naren,
What is the duty on 40inch Sony ex520 from Bangkok to India..
How much you paid in total..
Did you get it themself or someone else ::

:clapping:
:licklips:

It is easy to get a 40" or lower size TV from far-east (Singapore, Bangkok, KL, etc.) Airelines allow these TVs as a part of the checked-in baggage and as long as you do not have too much other checked-in baggage (limit 12 kg), the TV comes free of excess baggage cost.

Next is duty. You will get 25K as standard exeption from the price of the TV. The duty is not likely to exceed Rs. 5000 for the EX series. You may even escape that too.

My friend got a BX420 a year ago and paid no duty or baggage.

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for providing the link but I have read that article already but I think gray screen makes other colors look little dull hence a white screen may be good?

I am considering Grandview CSR 106" and Dalite High power 106 model B... the later is almost double the price of former not sure if the pq will justifiy the price difference !!

Regards,
Naren
So you did buy a projector after all! :)

For the screen, I will suggest a light gray screen (high contrast) that will enhance blacks and reduce reflection back on to the walls. This article should help you.

Hi Rajdeep,

I bought HD20 from the US and paid around 47-48 K INR for same and di not have to pay any custom duty on same as it could easily be carried in the cabin bag.

Regards,
Naren

Small question... Did you buy the HD20 from Bangkok or from India... Also what price did you buy it...

I carried the LED screen it myself and paid 3K to the custom officer and the official custom duty woudl have been may be between 6-8K INR. and i bought the TV for 35K IN BKK ( after VAT refund) and paid 3K for custom so toal i paid 38K.

Its available for around 48K INR in gray market in Mumbai and Vijay sales sells it for 64K INR with bill and warranty.

Are you planning to buy the same model ?
Hi Naren,
What is the duty on 40inch Sony ex520 from Bangkok to India..
How much you paid in total..
Did you get it themself or someone else ::

:clapping:
:licklips:

Idealy this is how it shold be but it isnt.. even if you bring 32" LED TV which costs you less than 25K INR the custom officials will do their own valutation and wont let you go ( in most of cases) without paying them 1K ( that is the minimum the charge on TVS)

But for 32" LCDs they dont ask you any questions

It is easy to get a 40" or lower size TV from far-east (Singapore, Bangkok, KL, etc.) Airelines allow these TVs as a part of the checked-in baggage and as long as you do not have too much other checked-in baggage (limit 12 kg), the TV comes free of excess baggage cost.

Next is duty. You will get 25K as standard exeption from the price of the TV. The duty is not likely to exceed Rs. 5000 for the EX series. You may even escape that too.

My friend got a BX420 a year ago and paid no duty or baggage.

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for providing the link but I have read that article already but I think gray screen makes other colors look little dull hence a white screen may be good?

I am considering Grandview CSR 106" and Dalite High power 106 model B... the later is almost double the price of former not sure if the pq will justifiy the price difference !!

Regards,
Naren
No. Gray screen will not make the other colours dull. Else the gray screen would have never caught on. In fact, it increases the contrast and black level significantly.

Before making a high cost purchase, I will advise you to take a demo.

No. Gray screen will not make the other colours dull. Else the gray screen would have never caught on. In fact, it increases the contrast and black level significantly.

Before making a high cost purchase, I will advise you to take a demo.

I did the comparision between Grandview Matt white and Dalite High power and bought the later and its a nice screen :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back