is it worth buying Yamaha yht196 below 25k

no one is equal to yamaha within this budget... i got it for 19900 yesterday....
Congrats... Njoy the theatre experience.. Nothing is better than yht196 at the price range.. Only thing that lacks is a powered subwoofer.. Which u can add later on..I'll be getting one too....around diwali..[emoji4]

Went again to reliance digital today and they are still quoting 22990.
With bluray they say 27990. 5% cash back on Sbi cards is the only offer..
I guess I will have to wait.

Hi,

installed my home theater yesterday... but little confused about the sound and speaker settings. can anyone plz assist me how to set up sound settings for getting 5.1 effect. Thanks in advance.

I tried multiple reliance digital stores over the weekend to get the yht 196 for 19990. But they were stuck with 22990 price tag. And finally I decided to buy the Sony ht iv300 from infibeam at 16691. Ordered it on 20th. Today afternoon got a call from reliance digital that price dropped for today to 19990. Called infibeam and cancelled the order.
Went and auditioned yht196 with my TV model and was happy with it's performance. Changed few settings and it was doing awesome. Finally after bargaining got it with 2 year extended warranty worth 2600 for 21k..

yeah..1 from yamaha and 2 from reliance digital..3 years in total. Got it delivered in my place today. Do anyone has the contact for yamaha installation support team as i prefer them over the RD guys and will need the mount units.

wow,.,.,that's good info.,.,
o.png

Booked Yamaha YHT 196 @2000 Advance Payment from RD Amritsar.
So Sealed piece costs me 21K with 1 year manufacturer plus 2 year ResQ warranty.

They were offering demo piece even at lower rate.
Its interesting to note that it costs 14,657 to Reliance. I have gone through their sale site (official site).
It was written as Unrestricted Cost. But this cost varies from place to place.Somewhere they mentioned it for 16,700. But i don't know whether it's inclusive VAT or not.
But still we can see they people gain huge margin out of it .

Last edited:
Good Aneesh.. even i got the same offer extended warranty of RESQ for worth Rs 3700.. But i refused to get this since it is simply waste.. But u got this for 21k good deal.... Enjoy your theater experience....

I tried multiple reliance digital stores over the weekend to get the yht 196 for 19990. But they were stuck with 22990 price tag. And finally I decided to buy the Sony ht iv300 from infibeam at 16691. Ordered it on 20th. Today afternoon got a call from reliance digital that price dropped for today to 19990. Called infibeam and cancelled the order.
Went and auditioned yht196 with my TV model and was happy with it's performance. Changed few settings and it was doing awesome. Finally after bargaining got it with 2 year extended warranty worth 2600 for 21k..

Thank god you didnt get the sony. I doubt it would compare well with yht196. Congrats on the purchase. The deal is indeed very great. Get it installed from yamaha personnels. They charge for mounts i guess. Check previous posts on yamaha yht-299 to get a fair idea of settings and yamaha contacts

RESQ extended warranty service as I heard from my friends and colleagues is pretty damn good. They do take care of most of the issues and even give stand by items while the piece is under repair.

Which bluray player are you using with Yamaha YHT 196?

I am yet to buy one. Infact I have not installed the product yet. Will install it on Monday. Had a look at various options and found Pioneer models are excellent while samsung bd h6500 also seems to be a good one. Sony also got a sub 10k model which also got good reviews. These all are capable of internally decoding dts ma and do bitstream pcm out to the yamaha yht 196.
Let me know if I zeroed on anything.

@aneesh
You haven't installed it yet ?
You should have checked it because u can report any manufacturing problem in the product within 7 days.

It wont take more then 15 min to go with it.
You can get it easily test with your TV and FM ...
Cutting and stripping speakers wires .

Last edited:
As we know decoding on the YHT 196 is limited (LPCM only ):sad:. So i guess i should go for a bluray player which can extend its capability of decoding.:eek:hyeah:

So for i have narrowed down my selection to 2 bluray players :-

1.Samsung BD H6500 :)
2Sony BD B4200

but i think h6500 is providing more features and wide decoding option (7.1 Ch Audio Decoding).

I am thinking to buy it on line.

Greetings to all ,

I am thinking to buy Active/Powered sub woofer for my Yamaha YHT 196 to give life to its BASS.
So pl clarify my following queries

1. How to decide on a right sub woofer for YHT 196 in terms of COMPATIBILITY.
What are the various parameters to keep in my while buying a suitable Active Subwoofer ?

As we know size of sub woofer does matter but what about the IMPEDANCE ? .Does it matter during the selection of SW?

2. In case I would like to get powered Sub woofer from my local market how can decide about its compatibility.

3.Yahama YST SW012 is good option under my budget. Would it be right choice for medium size room.

Thanks

Last edited:
Greetings to all ,

I am thinking to buy Active/Powered sub woofer for my Yamaha YHT 196 to give life to its BASS.
So pl clarify my following queries

1. How to decide on a right sub woofer for YHT 196 in terms of COMPATIBILITY.
What are the various parameters to keep in my while buying a suitable Active Subwoofer ?

As we know size of sub woofer does matter but what about the IMPEDANCE ? .Does it matter during the selection of SW?

2. In case I would like to get powered Sub woofer from my local market how can decide about its compatibility.

3.Yahama YST SW012 is good option under my budget. Would it be right choice for medium size room.

Thanks

The powered subwoofers have an amplifier built in so you need not to worry about impedance and compatibility. Powered sub takes input from sub pre out from the reciever so the size or power of subwoofer is not an issue.

Not sure about YST SW012 i my auditioning I did not find it impressive however the auditioning was in supermarket so conditions were very noisy.

Guys, Please help me out how to increase the bass level in yht196?

The YHT-196 only comes with a passive sub-woofer, set the crossover frequency to 200Hz and increase the level of SW to max.

This is good enough for a medium room, if you need more bass considering addition of a powered sub, I myself am looking for one, but in the meanwhile I've added a passive sub from SONY and this gives me good response.

BR,
Rajiv

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back