is it worth buying Yamaha yht196 below 25k

Guys, Please help me out how to increase the bass level in yht196?

You may refer my post where I have mentioned my experience and various settings.

http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/51597-yamaha-yht196-personal-experience.html

Optimal crossover IMHO is 100-120 hz. Also placement of sub diagonally improves the bass response. There is a tone control button also on the receiver (not in remote) that you can use). Most importantly see the quality of content you are playing. DTS tracks are good while MP3s are not impressive in this.

Hope this helps

Hey,

Have been using the YHT-196 for two years now. Was very happy with it.

Two of the four surround speakers have started to give a distorting sound recently.
Are the speakers repairable?
Or should i look at buying new bookshelves?

Regards,

Can anyone suggest a good bluray player for my yamaha yth 196 which should support alomost all the file formats. Budget is 6-8 K

Yes,Pioneer BDp170 is popular(around 9-10K.Sony will come around 5.5K,but pioneer is better.

Thanks spirovious and kyahaiyaar.. I will go through the spec and let you know for any details... Thankyou once again

Pioneer is coming around 14k which is beyond my budget. Let me know if anyone knows Sony BDP-S4500 Blu-ray Player and suggest me is there any good model available in phillips

Are all the users of 196 happy? I got it for Rs 28k in May 2014. But it just conked off one fine day, last week. Reliance digital washed its hands off saying the warranty was only 1 year. Yamaha is asking for some 12-14 k for repairs! The video is doing fine, but audio is completely missing. Can I get anything out of it?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back