Is it worth to spend on mid range priced speakers in Living room without acoustic controlled?

I am clear now.
Am a bit late then but sharing my experiences :)

With this background I would like to understand whether I can really reap benefit out of audiophile quality good speakers.
Was fortunate to be able to demo a few speakers in my room (which is sparsely furnished and open). My room bashed speakers over a lakh and brought them down to the same arena where 30k speakers play (at listening volumes I prefer)

Am a bit late then but sharing my experiences :)

Was fortunate to be able to demo a few speakers in my room (which is sparsely furnished and open). My room bashed speakers over a lakh and brought them down to the same arena where 30k speakers play (at listening volumes I prefer)
late but not least. thanks for sharing, more clear now :) :cool:

What does "bashed speakers over a lakh and brought them down to the same arena where 30k speakers play" mean. t

that the 1L speakers performed just as well/poorly as 30k speakers and they sounded pretty much the same which is / not enjoyable

ciao
gr

In my opinion you should setup the HT within a budget and start enjoying the system. It is difficult to do all the room treatment in living room.
Furnitures, cushions, thick curtains etc can be used.
I am sure many here have HT and music system setups in living room who can't build it in a dedicated treated room.

What does "bashed speakers over a lakh and brought them down to the same arena where 30k speakers play" mean. t
that the 1L speakers performed just as well/poorly as 30k speakers and they sounded pretty much the same which is / not enjoyables
that the 1L speakers performed just as well/poorly as 30k speakers and they sounded pretty much the same which is / not enjoyable.

that the 1L speakers performed just as well/poorly as 30k speakers and they sounded pretty much the same which is / not enjoyable.

Is that a indictment of the 1L speakers or an attestation of the superb sound quality of the less expensive speakers ? A more interesting question, is why would that happen.

I suppose you are trying to frog walk me to the inference that the room is the final arbiter which "bashes" expense on speakers with physics and that sadly makes music un enjoyable. . Thanks.

ciao
gr

A more interesting question, is why would that happen.
That was interesting for me as well. In the last demo, a sound engineer who has done a studio was there as well, who tried various positions, orientations etc. It all got into murky territory (towards the end, we were orienting the speakers based on song genre!). The previous demo also had experienced person who goes to studios (we even tried phase shifting ribbon tweeters out of phase in that demo). All of us thought that at the distance & seating position I wanted to hear (entire length), at the position I wanted to place (below TV close to wall), with the room I have (open), getting sound properly was a challenge.
Interestingly, right at the beginning of my journey, I came across these professionals who do some of the largest professional installations in India (auditoriums, studios). These guys build their own electronics (talking 17 foot array line types, DSPs), have designed drivers and are in the Pro segment. They had said spend roughly the same amount in room as much as you are spending on speakers. I realize that significance now.

I suppose you are trying to frog walk me to the inference that the room is the final arbiter which "bashes" expense on speakers with physics and that sadly makes music un enjoyable. .
No, have shared my experience. For inferences, your journey is yours. I realized the depth of the advice of 30 years of professional experience through personal experience, before that they were words. All the best!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back