Suggestion on 7.2 AVR + 5.0 Speakers for budget of 1.5 lakhs

The total power consumption of Marantz NR 1608 is 250 Watts.. 2 channel driven is abt 50 watts.. All channels driven should be less than that, may be 30 watts or even lesser.. You will be able to add power amps to L/R though.. This means that to use 1608, smaller room would be good.. May leave you wanting for more power in your room size..

Option 1. Marantz NR1608 + Fyne Audio F302: Sorry for going around Marantz NR1608 again and again. I would like to get clarified well before either taking it up or giving it up. How about matching it with 6 ohms / 92db high sensitivity Q Acoustics or 8 ohms / 90db high sensitivity Fyne Audio? Will it improve?

Another option may be to divert some budget of Speakers to AVR. How about

Option: 2- Denon X2500H (67K) + Fyne Audio F302? Here I can maintain the same overall budget of 1.5 lakhs. X2500H has "125 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive) & 95 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive)" and also it has Audyssey MultEQ XT.
Option: 3 - Denon X1500H (57K) + Fyne Audio F302? Here I can maintain the same overall budget of 1.5 lakhs. X1500H has "120 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive) & 80 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive)" and also it has Audyssey MultEQ XT.

I hope any of these models addresses both the issues you had highlighted. Please suggest.

Though I am talking about overall budget of 1.5 lakhs, still it is going to be incremental build starting with 2.0 I have a lot of other things to spend in life :)

Last edited:
Option 1. Marantz NR1608 + Fyne Audio F302: Sorry for going around Marantz NR1608 again and again. I would like to get clarified well before either taking it up or giving it up. How about matching it with 6 ohms / 92db high sensitivity Q Acoustics or 8 ohms / 90db high sensitivity Fyne Audio? Will it improve?

Another option may be to divert some budget of Speakers to AVR. How about

Option: 2- Denon X2500H (67K) + Fyne Audio F302? Here I can maintain the same overall budget of 1.5 lakhs. X2500H has "125 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive) & 95 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive)" and also it has Audyssey MultEQ XT.
Option: 3 - Denon X1500H (57K) + Fyne Audio F302? Here I can maintain the same overall budget of 1.5 lakhs. X1500H has "120 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive) & 80 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive)" and also it has Audyssey MultEQ XT.

From the options you have listed, i would pick Denon X 1500 and the highest sensitivity speakers.. You can reinvest the money saved towards a 2nd subwoofer at a later time..

I hope any of these models addresses both the issues you had highlighted.

Having an AVR with dual sub capability is good, but if you can't accomodate / stretch, perfectly fine to settle for less.. Yes, Multi EQ XT is a level above Multi EQ and one lesser than XT32.. You can still use dual subs with Denon x 1500..

Though I am talking about overall budget of 1.5 lakhs, still it is going to be incremental build starting with 2.0 I have a lot of other things to spend in life :)

1.5 Lakhs is a pretty good budget.. Try, not to spend much chasing brands..

From the options you have listed, i would pick Denon X 1500 and the highest sensitivity speakers.. You can reinvest the money saved towards a 2nd subwoofer at a later time..
Thanks for swift replies. How about Amp Power of Denon X1500H for 8 ohms Fyne Audio F302 speaker pair of 90db sensitivity?
Denon: Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive): 80 W
Fyne Audio F302: Recommended Power: 30 - 120 W
How about Amp Power of Denon X1500H for 6 ohms Q Acoustics 3050i speaker pair of 92db sensitivity?
Denon: Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive): 120 W
Q Acoustics 3050i: Recommended Power: 25 - 100 W
Which one should be just enough power for my room of 23' X 12'? In overall there is a 22K saving with Fyne Audio compared with Q Acoustics.

1.5 Lakhs is a pretty good budget.. Try, not to spend much chasing brands..
Thanks for practical suggestion.

Last edited:
Combo - 1
50K for SW + 85-90K for AVR (Marantz SR6013)+ 50K for AJ speakers setup (you can remove surrounds if you want to avoid exceeding your budget).
Combo - 2
50K for SW + 85-90K for AVR (Marantz SR6013)+ Taga 606SE -35K. These speakers are musical and can handle volume as well. But they are not in the leagues of q-acoustics
Combo -3
85-90K for AVR (Marantz SR6013)+ Q-acoustics 3050 - 5.0 package ~ 85K if you do not need SW.

The prices for AVR + Speakers have been suggested based on my recent purchase of SR6013 and FM @Ketan 's purchase of Q-acoustics + SR6013 made in Bangalore. you can check with him on his first hand experience about the package as his room is close to your room dimensions. These items were shipped from Mumbai. I am sure you would get better pricing in Mumbai due to lower shipping costs.

Combo-4 (not an AVR setup but suggesting as you seem to have lot of music usage + living in a rented house)
Proper stereo setup - Rethm Bhaavas with Lyrita Integre. You would have a stereo setup which is keeper for life if you manage to get your NUC server like an android box. I have used stereo speakers for movies for almost 2 years before adding a center channel. It was not too much of a compromise to live with phantom center.

The entry level speakers that are suggested above are not going to be as musical as speakers made for Stereo. Q-acoustic Concept series, Dali opticon, MA Silver series, Wharfedale Heritage series would beat any of these speakers hands down. Just to see if you can live with a stereo setup in the living room, why don't you move the 2.0 setup with TV and watch some movie/drama content?

That apart, please do not go by online prices. Visit dealers in person and don't feel shy to haggle for the best price.

Combo - 1
50K for SW + 85-90K for AVR (Marantz SR6013)+ 50K for AJ speakers setup (you can remove surrounds if you want to avoid exceeding your budget).
Combo - 2
50K for SW + 85-90K for AVR (Marantz SR6013)+ Taga 606SE -35K. These speakers are musical and can handle volume as well. But they are not in the leagues of q-acoustics
Combo -3
85-90K for AVR (Marantz SR6013)+ Q-acoustics 3050 - 5.0 package ~ 85K if you do not need SW.
I am not thinking about Sub now (though I need dual sub support in AVR). But option-3 is well beyond my budget - it is strictly below 1.5 lac incrementally.

Combo-4 (not an AVR setup but suggesting as you seem to have lot of music usage + living in a rented house)
Proper stereo setup - Rethm Bhaavas with Lyrita Integre. You would have a stereo setup which is keeper for life if you manage to get your NUC server like an android box. I have used stereo speakers for movies for almost 2 years before adding a center channel. It was not too much of a compromise to live with phantom center.
I own a 2.0 in a smaller room dedicated for Music. Building "Linux based Intel NUC + Hi-Res Music Server with Fiio DAC + onboard Bluetooth Receiver + AirPlay + .... " + CC Audio - which should address music requirement.

Just to see if you can live with a stereo setup in the living room, why don't you move the 2.0 setup with TV and watch some movie/drama content?
I tried TV with my existing 2.0 stereo setup, not happy with it.

In summary, I am not one who keeps playing with home gears. Goal is clear now: Just buy 7.2 AVR + 5.0 Speakers in a few months under 1.5 lakhs and and add Sub later.

Thanks for swift replies. How about Amp Power of Denon X1500H for 8 ohms Fyne Audio F302 speaker pair of 90db sensitivity?

How about Amp Power of Denon X1500H for 6 ohms Q Acoustics 3050i speaker pair of 92db sensitivity?

Higher sensitivity speaker will need lesser power from AVR.. Settle for the one where you get best deal..

Which one should be just enough power for my room of 23' X 12'? In overall there is a 22K saving with Fyne Audio compared with Q Acoustics.

It is not your entire room, but the distance from the speaker to your listening position is what matters.. 10ft is common distance from speakers to listening position..

I feel that Marantz NR series would be just adequate for your room size but higher series would give you a safe headroom, better room correction & longer listening sessions without heating up too much. Hence I @Love4sound's suggestion of X3500H /SR5013 is more realistic.

Mathematically the wattage could work out; but it also depends whether you want to push the AVR to the limits. I would rather push speakers to their limits but keep headroom on the amplification side. Denon & Marantz are speced similar and sound similar as well. Pioneer & Yamaha sound powerful. You can keep them in radar as well.

With the next version of AVRs announced by Denon & Marantz, existing AVR prices would come down by 5-10K in a couple of months as the models are launched. The rest of the brands would also follow up. I would help your budget as well.

If you are okay with used route and can manage to have the equipments shipped; there are couple of excellent offers in place w.r.t AVR & speakers and can help you stick to the budget as well. I haven't auditioned these setups but the models available on sale are successful combos.

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/4k-uhd-atmos-ht-system-for-sale.75733/
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...-home-theater-speakers-avr.74830/#post-825270

I feel that Marantz NR series would be just adequate for your room size but higher series would give you a safe headroom, better room correction & longer listening sessions without heating up too much. Hence I @Love4sound's suggestion of X3500H /SR5013 is more realistic.
Perfectly summarized. Thanks.

With the next version of AVRs announced by Denon & Marantz, existing AVR prices would come down by 5-10K in a couple of months as the models are launched.
Thanks for heads-up

If you are okay with used route and can manage to have the equipments shipped
Thanks. But family's sentiment is towards new gears since it is first one.

Please read this thread : https://www.hifivision.com/threads/my-home-theater-setup.74766/

Exactly like yours. Had similar options with similar plan to upgrade in future.

Finally ended up buying Yamaha v585 7.2 and Polk S55 FS. Full ownership details here : https://www.hifivision.com/threads/my-journey-to-audio-nirvana.75351/

I don't know why people don't suggest Yamaha V585 on NR1608 / Denon 1500. Yamaha v585 is same as v685 minus 10 wpc. It drives Polk S55s very effectively.
Thanks for sharing. I had already read your lengthy post, which was very interesting and also enjoyed all your setup videos.

S55 looks interesting with 90db sensitivity and great look. But I am not sure about where the port goes. It is neither front nor rear ported? Is it down ported? Since I am having constraint of space, this info will help me to consider this. Please confirm. Does it give freedom to place closer to wall than rear ported speakers?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I had already read your lengthy post, which was very interesting and also enjoyed all your setup videos.

S55 looks interesting with 90db sensitivity and great look. But I am not sure about where the port goes. It is neither front nor rear ported? Is it down ported? Since I am having constraint of space, this info will help me to consider this. Please confirm. Does it give freedom to place closer to wall than rear ported speakers?
I found that it is down ported. Some one please let me know compatibility of this Polk S55 speaker with Denon X1500h? The speaker recommended power is upto 200w.

Denon x1500h should be the choice as Denon offers fantastic results for movies.
For speakers, from your list, I'd choose QA for their higher sensitivity and excellent performance. But as suggested, try to include Dali Opticon(6) and Zensor (5/7). Should come within your budget post discount. You won't be disappointed.

Here is my current status:
AV Receiver: Denon X1500H looks good. It satisfies affordability and power.
Speakers: Polk Signature Series S55 satisfies most aspects:
1. moderately higher sensitive (90db) to match with 80W for 8ohms rating of X1500H AVR,
2. Down firing port enabling positioning close to wall to manage acoustics/space constraint in Living room
3. Price of 5.0 package at 1 lakh (before negotiation - just online price)
None of my other shortlisted speakers matches these requirements. Polk Official page recommends even lower powered Denon AVR-S730H for this speaker. So I am confident of power of X1500H to drive these speakers.

Please share your opinion on this combo.

Here is my current status:
AV Receiver: Denon X1500H looks good. It satisfies affordability and power.
Speakers: Polk Signature Series S55 satisfies most aspects:
1. moderately higher sensitive (90db) to match with 80W for 8ohms rating of X1500H AVR,
2. Down firing port enabling positioning close to wall to manage acoustics/space constraint in Living room
3. Price of 5.0 package at 1 lakh (before negotiation - just online price)
None of my other shortlisted speakers matches these requirements. Polk Official page recommends even lower powered Denon AVR-S730H for this speaker. So I am confident of power of X1500H to drive these speakers.

Please share your opinion on this combo.
Denon and Polk, you cannot go wrong. Stick to your budget and your basic requirements. This combination is great and I guess you can get both from Pro FX. Where are you getting it from?

MaSh

Denon and Polk, you cannot go wrong. Stick to your budget and your basic requirements. This combination is great and I guess you can get both from Pro FX. Where are you getting it from?

MaSh
Thanks, @MaSh . The only other cost effective alternative is Fyne Audio f302 5.0 system which costs 25k less than Polk S55. It satisfies my requirements except its rear ports. Is it really worth giving up Fyne audio on this ground otherwise we'll reviewed?

I haven't yet decided on shop. Planning to purchase within couple of months.

Last edited:
I've had both the Polk S50 and now the Fyne F303. They've been hooked up to a Marantz NR1509 and then a Bluesound Powernode 2i, and now back to the Marantz.

There's a sizeable difference between the musical quality of the S50 and the Fyne. The Fyne is definitely leagues ahead for music. But, if this is home theater, I'd prefer the Polk for their bass, oomph, and drama. The Polk S50 made my windows rattle with ease (no sub) in a 18*16 space.

I've had both the Polk S50 and now the Fyne F303. They've been hooked up to a Marantz NR1509 and then a Bluesound Powernode 2i, and now back to the Marantz.

There's a sizeable difference between the musical quality of the S50 and the Fyne. The Fyne is definitely leagues ahead for music. But, if this is home theater, I'd prefer the Polk for their bass, oomph, and drama. The Polk S50 made my windows rattle with ease (no sub) in a 18*16 space.
Wow, it is helpful! Nice to hear about Polk. How about Fyne F302 + Sub-woofer? Will a Sub compensate for Bass in Fyne? Another aspect is I may not go windows rattling Bass due to rented apartments and other constraints. Please suggest.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back