Is LM3875 Gainclone Chip available in Bangalore?

anilva

Folks,

I am looking to buy couple of LM3875 Gainclone amp chips in Bangalore for completing my standard Gainclone amp assembly. I got the PCBs from Peter Daniel. Anyone can give me a specific pointer if they are available in Bangalore?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Hi Anil

I picked up a NOS DAC kit from Peter a few years ago, his premium version and have been very happy with it.

George

To be honest, I did get a complete kit from Peter Daniel for the LM3875 Gainclone with Premium parts, but in my overconfidence soldered the LM3875 chip the wrong way. I tried delsoldering the same, but could not. Finally cut off the chip leads and destroyed the chip in the process. Absolutely silly of me. Now I need to buy new LM3875 chips!

To be honest, I did get a complete kit from Peter Daniel for the LM3875 Gainclone with Premium parts, but in my overconfidence soldered the LM3875 chip the wrong way. I tried delsoldering the same, but could not. Finally cut off the chip leads and destroyed the chip in the process. Absolutely silly of me. Now I need to buy new LM3875 chips!

If the issue is only with the short leads, you can try extending them with copper wire taken from a cat5 cable, remove the insulation and twist two strands tight together. If the IC pins are broken at the casing level, use a soldering iron with pointed tip. Possibly you could salvage the chip.

Regds...

Hi Anil

The trick to desolder is to add even more fresh solder after heating the old soldered spot (this causes the old hardened solder to flow with the new application) then use the suction tool to quickly suck in the melted stuff.

I also purchased a standard cosmetic ladies nail file 6" long to work around pins that are too broad (or lumpy not smooth after unsoldering) to insert into a pcb (the flat broad types). Delicate filing using it works like a charm (esp in-between legs and pins) to help seat chips snugly. This way the pins need not be cut or destroyed when unseating. A good one comes for 80 rupees - exceeding the best nail cutter quality.

HTH

Last edited:

Well ,
if you Were at chandigarh i would have done the soldering work for you without a penny .during Olden times i used to make all electronic projects of my peers in school :p [ Madam Knew it :yahoo: ]

I think while I was trying to yank the chip out, I pulled out atleast one pin from the root inside the casing. Gone case!

Actually I did a good desoldering job. Used a desoldering pump as well as a desoldering wick. But just that it was too difficult to manage some residue on so many pins. Just wouldn't come out.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Cheers.

I think while I was trying to yank the chip out, I pulled out atleast one pin from the root inside the casing. Gone case!

Actually I did a good desoldering job. Used a desoldering pump as well as a desoldering wick. But just that it was too difficult to manage some residue on so many pins. Just wouldn't come out.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Cheers.

Well ,
Post a Pic Here Of The Board Both sides ,I will suggest You some tricks

LM3886 pinout is different, and has a mute function, which you may need to disable.
With some creativity (mutilation :) ), it may be possible to shoehorn it into the board!

Last edited:
Bought LM3875 from Vishal @sp road at 265/- a piece.
LM3886 is available too at 185/- a piece.

Cheers.

Amarbir[Lynx-India];168054 said:
Sir ,
You Are killing My Electronic Instinct By Not Showing even One tiny Miny Pic :sad:

Amarbir, I am sorry to disappoint you. There is nothing to show on the board. I have cut off the chip and removed the leads. Also I am embarrassed to show you the screwup I did. Thanks for the offer for help. I will definitely come to you for advice next time.

Cheers.

Bought LM3875 from Vishal @sp road at 265/- a piece.
LM3886 is available too at 185/- a piece.

Cheers.

Dont be too happy for that low price ... taiwanese fake chips
have flooded the markets ....if u can verify these are originals.

Well, I generally pay about Rs.175-Rs.200 for an LM3886TF, and haven't ever encountered a fake one. If they're fake, they must be very good fakes, because they are sonically superb, and can withstand the specified rail voltages without breakdown.

If the counterfeiters are spending so much effort to make a $5 part that's identical to or better than the original $5 part, that's fine with me.

(My observation is that there aren't that many fake components on the market ever since 1991 and import liberalization - the original ones are less expensive than the fakes and have driven the fakes out of the market. Case in point: Toshiba 2sc1815/2sa1015 or NEC 2sc1845/2sa992. The only fakes on the market are the 'official import-substitute' unlicensed copies from the PSU majors like BEL, Keltron, Meltron, ECIL, etc. and most buyers have stopped buying that junk, now that the originals are readily available...).

Last edited:
Dont be too happy for that low price ... taiwanese fake chips
have flooded the markets ....if u can verify these are originals.

Kaushik,

I am not jumping with joy on the low price (I never thought that they were low priced in the first place), but surely I am happy that they are available locally. It saves so much of trouble in importing them.

My experience with many of these purchases are they are genuine. I have had no problems.

Cheers.

i cant comment if the chips are sonically accurate...
@linux guru , with no offense in mind ,the import liberalization point i dont believe ,i have been told by an experienced component supplier [who is gd fren of mine] that in SP road there are many fakes sold in semiconductors ...
@anilva .. u can rely on farnell they ship free,fakes will *work* with slight variation

i cant comment if the chips are sonically accurate...
@linux guru , with no offense in mind ,the import liberalization point i dont believe ,i have been told by an experienced component supplier [who is gd fren of mine] that in SP road there are many fakes sold in semiconductors ...
@anilva .. u can rely on farnell they ship free,fakes will *work* with slight variation

Kaushik,

The Farnell site seems to be too good. What is your experience with them? I do not mind ordering with them, if they keep the catalog items in stock.

Cheers.

Back