Is this a Hot Deal???

denom

Banned
Banned
Following NEW Gear available as a combo package:-

Monitor Audio M4 FS + Marantz PM6003 Stereo Amp + Pioneer DV220 DVD Player for Rs.50000/-

Can any of our audio guru's offer their expert opinions on the price & pairing of the speaker/amp combo?

Awaiting Replies
Thanks

i have not heard any of this stuff ....so cant comment on performance .....but pm6003 is just 45W@8 ohms / 60W@4 ohms ........driving a floorstander with it ? .....i doubt ....check for speaker sensitivity ...

dont go by reviews alone ....check specifications ...apart from sound ....For ex - PM 6003 does not have a pre-out facility ....

Above offer is by 'Boomerang' Shop, offered especially for 'Parsi New Year' :D
Is it a good deal?

Have you tried pairing the marantz amp with your fav Klipsch Synergy F2s ? And that DVD player is just a complement I dont think you shld consider it for music source.

Kittu,
Brother, If only someone would be so kind enough to lend me their PM6003 :rolleyes:

That being said, got to know of this offer hence posted it here for the benefit of other members, hoping the deal is worth it, hence asked the experts here the same...
Yes Kittu, The Klipsch are The Speakers put on a pedestal by me right now, till I find the next pair of Floor Standers that blow me away to a MOSH PIT! ;)

Hot Deal Update:
Since was in the vicinity of Boomerang @ VT, Mumbai day before yesterday, decided to go & check out the combination.

The Monitor Audio M4's were paired to the Marantz PM6003 with a Cyrus CDp used as source, since they did not have the Pioneer DV220 in stock.

First impressions of the set up were really good, pairing of the Speakers & amp is great,
liked what I heard, though this being an unplanned visit, had not carried any of my music along. Plan to carry my music & audition again soon.

The M4's look really tiny for Floor Standers, at first sight I nearly laughed looking at them! But their sound is very good & so is the delivery of bass quality. Instrument Separation is great & so is the vocal delivery. Heard Dire Straits, Allan Taylor & Some Jazz Cd's. All sounded really nice & mellow. Wonder how they will handle some Hard Rock & Metal :rolleyes:
The M4's are front & rear ported, front port for the Bass Driver & rear for the Mid Driver, as was informed by the sales rep.
Was also informed that the M Series of Speakers are a new line of Monitor Audio recently launched, with pricing that seems to be on the VFM side. The M4's are quoted @ 27 k for a pair.Imageshack - mseriesbrochure.pdf

Don't know the price of the Monitor Audio speakers but Marantz PM6003 was 21.5K when I bought it some months back from Viola. Boom-a-rang was quoting much higher at that time (3.5K more, IIRC). i second Venkat's opinion about the Pioneer DVD player. Please ignore the Pioneer unless you want to use it as a DVD player. For playing audio, it will be the weak link in your chain. You will need something better than a DVD player.
Joshua

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back