isolation stands

these stands are supposed to improve the sound of floorstanders.

Isolation platforms for KEF Dynaudio NAIM HiFi Speakers on eBay (end time 29-Mar-11 15:32:20 BST)

any idea is something similar can be done for a bookshelf? maybe a slab/tile of granite? :)

Great find. That may not be useful for us in India where we have concrete with marble/granite flooring. I know people used Granite kitchen chopping boards for fraction of those prices and achieved good results. Those granite plinths may be useful for those who have wooden floors. Most of the houses in UK there are no concrete slabs/floors but are wooden or partially wooden.
Due to the floors even in apartment floors being not fully made of concrete you even find it disturbance even kids jumping and playing in the apartment above you. Unless you're in a ground floor apartment forget about using a sub woofer :sad:

If you're suprised about those plinths then what about these hi-fi racks. Read the review. It says the rack made the sound tonally balanced widened the sound stage :mad: I don't know what to say should I go for a better electronics or better hi-fi rack :lol:

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back