Issue with 1080P file play

zorro

Hello

I recently bought WD HD Media player. Have been playing around with various movie files to check the performance of Video and Audio.

When i played a sample 1080P the video displayed had artifacts and pixellation around the image movement.

Here are the details

File name : Pixar.Short.Presto.2008.1080p.BluRay.x264-ESiR.mkv
codec : avc1
res : 1920X1080p
frame : 23.97

Any idea what could be the issue and any remedies.

Thanks
zorro

Try it with the WD HD TV output set to 720p 60hz. The output is much smoother / cleaner in my view.

Upgrade your firmware. Chances are, that's a Level 5.1 encode, which the WD had issues with in earlier firmwares.
Also, that is not a sample ;)

I believe you are referring to the strange artifacts which appear whenever you seek a HD movie in a player like VLC on a computer.I experienced it even today when me and my friend tried playing a HD M2TS file on the PS3.We only experienced it for a few secs and then the movie was fine.This could be the same effect which is happening ur WDTV. Usually it should be fine after a few seconds and the movie should continue to play without any pixel artifacts.Its more of a refresh rate issue i guess. If it continues through out the movie,then the remedy will be different,may be upgrading the FW is any might work.

Thank You all for the suggestions. I will upgrade the firmware and try it once again.

Regards
zorro

I have this file and it plays flawlessly on my WD Tv. As suggested, upgrade the firmware and check settings on your TV.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back