Italian bell towers!

iaudio

I would like to know if any of our HFVians are familiar with these speakers,
bg-780-2.jpg

Came across it at a hi fi dealers recently when I was auditioning AE Aegis Neo 3:eek:hyeah:( great speaker I should add).

It is the Bolzano Villetri BG780, Italian and has an interesting design! Two opposing drivers with a tweeter(I guess) suspended in between! Sadly I couldnt listen to these, due to lack of time.:sad:

Here's the description in their tech jargon,

All Bolzano Villetri acoustic systems are constructed using "RoundStream" technology. This technology is based on enhancing counter-aperture principles for loudspeaker construction.

The essence of "RoundStream Technology" is two identical sound radiators, each in its own case, located opposite each other and working in unison.

In between are two tweeters, symmetrical radiators synchronised to produce the same phase of signal wave.

The loudspeaker sound is a symmetric deformation of air; the horizontal sound extends in the same pattern for both right and left channel output.

In this way, an output of sound corresponds to the natural principles of sound distribution. Thus "RoundStream Technology" produces a much higher, more efficient sound than tradition loudspeaker systems.

The basic objectives were to reduce the dominant, unnecessary component, of dynamic head radiation at low frequencies, and to transform two identical contra vectors required to produce sound pressure.

Low and mid-frequency radiator (speaker) - top;
Low and mid-frequency radiator (speaker) - bottom;
High-frequency radiator (speakers);
"Surround sound" area of sound pressure formation;
Means of reflected sound distribution.
In the Bolzano Villetri acoustic systems, identical sound radiators are placed opposite each other so the sound waves are distributed evenly and without resistance. This technology overcomes Doppler inter-modulation, producing a pure, uniformed sound.

Bolzano Villetri have selected this technology for their acoustic systems because:

Sound pressure organisation lies directly in the loudspeaker.
An absence of fluctuations caused by radiating surfaces hence eliminating the Doppler Effect (this occurs when a sound source is moving in respect to a receiver).
A unity and stability of all signal frequencies and amplitudes due to the compensation for Doppler inter-modulation.
Increased field uniformity at distance from source.
As a result transparency, volume, vividness and an increased articulation and naturalness of sound are provided. Another feature of the acoustic systems based on "RoundStream Technology", marking them from all others, is the lack of importance of the position of the listener to the sound image, due to the uniformity of the sound field.

Source:
Bolzano Villetri. Round stream technology - the counter-aperture principle of loudspeakers construction

Last edited:
hi iaudio,

those italians are master-craftsmen!! - beautiful finishes on those - exquisite even.

i think they will sound like bose speakers - but please do have a listen and post your impressions for the rest of us.

another thing - could you please listen to the ProAc -response 100 - the dealer is in cochin - and let me know what you think?

TIA
suri

Suri, YGPM.

Yes they look exotic. The leather finish reminded me of your desire to incorporate it in your speaker project.

while looks are subjective, IMHO it's breaktakingly beautiful!

this is one large speaker that would have a High WAF (that's a spec that very very few large speakers have!)

hi iaudio,

read the reviews - to distill - "FINE FURNITURE" - but "sounds like S@@T

regds

Then I d rather not bother Hifi links for an audition!
But whatever it is, I am quite pleasantly surprised to see a demand and supply of such speakers in dear ol' Cochin!

Then I d rather not bother Hifi links for an audition!
But whatever it is, I am quite pleasantly surprised to see a demand and supply of such speakers in dear ol' Cochin!

hehehe!

a good salesman can sell a refrigerator to an Eskimo inuit in Alaska!:lol:

Oh absolutely true! Btw, Suri, which are the Italian speakers that have really impressed you with their performance besides the looks?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back