J River's position on memory playback

I am using 18 and plan to upgrade to 19 when it becomes more mature. I have tried 18 with memory playback on and off, and I could not tell any difference on my music PC. So now I just leave it off. Will try the same option on 19 when I get it, but based on jriver's statement perhaps will not hear any difference either.
Cheers,
Sid

Ok I downloaded v19 over the weekend and have been listening to it for the past few days. I turned on the memory play option. Not sure if it is the "placebo" effect, but I feel that this option is making the sound more smooth and more analog like and further reduced digital harshness. There is no night and day difference and I doubt that on listening for 15-20min I can tell the difference between the 2 options, but in my long listening sessions of 1-2 hours I come out feeling absolutely no fatigue whatsoever even if I turn up the volume beyond my normal listening levels (which was not the case before). So now I am going to listen to it with memory play option on. BTW no flames please - just reporting what I have experienced. I would be interested to see if other FM's using this experience the same thing.
Cheers,
Sid

I use 19.19.0.25 @ my office with Tannoy Ellipse 8
So, I have not done any 'critical listening'
@ my office there is not much by way of 'serious' audition.
But I am just happy with the interface - so I use it.
@ Home I use J Play - so the version of J River is not important.:rolleyes:

I've downloaded v19, but I'm yet to install it. My current license does let me upgrade to v19 without the upgrade fee. I'll try it out tonight.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back