J River's position on memory playback

I am using 18 and plan to upgrade to 19 when it becomes more mature. I have tried 18 with memory playback on and off, and I could not tell any difference on my music PC. So now I just leave it off. Will try the same option on 19 when I get it, but based on jriver's statement perhaps will not hear any difference either.
Cheers,
Sid

Ok I downloaded v19 over the weekend and have been listening to it for the past few days. I turned on the memory play option. Not sure if it is the "placebo" effect, but I feel that this option is making the sound more smooth and more analog like and further reduced digital harshness. There is no night and day difference and I doubt that on listening for 15-20min I can tell the difference between the 2 options, but in my long listening sessions of 1-2 hours I come out feeling absolutely no fatigue whatsoever even if I turn up the volume beyond my normal listening levels (which was not the case before). So now I am going to listen to it with memory play option on. BTW no flames please - just reporting what I have experienced. I would be interested to see if other FM's using this experience the same thing.
Cheers,
Sid

I use 19.19.0.25 @ my office with Tannoy Ellipse 8
So, I have not done any 'critical listening'
@ my office there is not much by way of 'serious' audition.
But I am just happy with the interface - so I use it.
@ Home I use J Play - so the version of J River is not important.:rolleyes:

I've downloaded v19, but I'm yet to install it. My current license does let me upgrade to v19 without the upgrade fee. I'll try it out tonight.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back