Jamaluddin : Vinyl Seller Kolkata

Hello,
If his shop is just opposite to Kamalalaya center then I think I visited his shop back in Feb and unfortunately I was not impressed. I bought a couple of relatively old Bollywood vinyls from him at a good price but none of them was satisfactory. And my listening test was after cleaning all of these records in a ultrasonic record cleaner just to make sure that there are no gunk/dust on them.
However this was not an issue with only him as I find the old Bollywood vinyl market across India is infested with very average quality (from a surface perspective) vinyls which are sold as NM copies at a very high price. My experience is based on buying 8-9 old vinyls from 2-3 vendors across Cal and Delhi.
Thanks.

There are two shops adjacent two each other. You won't get quality records from there. Ask to meet Ilyas. He will provide you whch you want. In the evening, he usually sits in the repairing shop which is situated in a narrow lane beside that shop. Ask the boy, "Jakir" he will show you the shop.

Thanks

I was there in Kolkata a couple of months ago, so decided to check the vinyls too after I was done with my official work. Went to the shops I used to go a few years ago but found that the prices have skyrocketed since then. The minimum price was Rs. 500/- for any worthy album. There were vinyls for slightly lower prices too but those were either the titles which most of us wouldn't have heard of or of very poor quality. For good ones, the asking price was so high that even bargaining for them seemed like a waste of time.
Also, realised that the market had nothing new to offer much (probably I have collected enough vinyls of my limited taste :D).
I returned empty handed. No, in fact, bought a nice instrumental (Saxophone) CD of Kishore Kumar Songs.

I don’t remember the last time I bought vinyl from a dealer. It’s been years since I picked anything up. In fact I recently cleared some space and let off quite a few records. I don’t bother calling or even enquiring with the local dealers here.

Same here. I think I have now made my collection that I will hold on now. I have some kannada records which I might let go apart from a few english ones.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back