Jamo S-426 Towers?

Hi jaudere
Payments in the bank with Mr. HifiVision. Was a pleasure dealing with him. He's extremely helpful.
Just waiting on my pair of 9.1's with the 9.CS to turn up home in all its Black Beauty!!!
Woot woot.. Will definitely put up pictures and will need all the assistance I can get to make them sound great at home paired up with the Denon 1612.

Cheers

Hahaha!
Didn't like the bigger 9.2's much. They sounded distinctly different.
In any case, got these brand new 9.1's for almost the same deal.

Aother question for you guys, planning to score some MX cables today. They have a bunch of cable options available. Anyone think highly/badly of their cables and banana plugs?

MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

If they are fine, any recommendation as to which cables and plugs to get?

Thanks in advance

Hahaha!
Didn't like the bigger 9.2's much. They sounded distinctly different.
In any case, got these brand new 9.1's for almost the same deal.

Aother question for you guys, planning to score some MX cables today. They have a bunch of cable options available. Anyone think highly/badly of their cables and banana plugs?

MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

If they are fine, any recommendation as to which cables and plugs to get?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I am also thinking of going for the Jamo s426 + denon 1611 for a 5.1 setup. I quite liked the demo and was impressed with the demo quite a bit. However, since you went for wharfs 9.1, I want to ask if you could really tell the difference between the two. I need to decide in a day or two and actually prefer FS over BS, but I would like to hear your feedback. Also, its hard to find anything similar in the same price range.

I am no audio geek. I only got started about a few months ago.
But thanks to forums like these, i have soon realized the true essense of quality sound. Earlier on, I was under the opinion that the JBL's, Bose, etc etc were the standards of the world till i landed on this website through random surfing only to realise how wrong I was.

I was constrained by a budget, else I am sure i'd love to go for equipment like the "other" more awesome kits available out there. I settled on the Wharfe 9.1's cause they were the best value for money speakers in that price range. I did have a problem with the size of a floorstander for my room size as I couldnt accomodate them anywhere. As stated earlier, I live in a 1 Bedroom Apartment in Mumbai.

I kinda decided on the Wharfe's when I went to Designer Audio and listened to the Quads 11L's for a long time and fell in love with them instantly. They are such a massive improvement in terms of soundstage when compared to the Jamo's that I couldnt ignore them anymore. But as an exercise, I requested Kshijit to connect the Wharfe's and randomly switch between the two as a blind test.

I PICKED THE WHARFE at the end of the blind test.

They are performing incredibly well. For my size apartment and room, they are ample. Arent falling short in too many places. I am a happy customer. Having said all that though, I got to be honest, the Jamo's werent bad either, just a little muddled for my taste.

Any reason your opting for the 1611 and not the 1612? I got my 1612 for a stellar deal. Can hook u up if your interested.

Hello,

I auditioned the Denon AVR 1311 & Jamo S426 a few weeks ago & I was impressed with the 5.1 setup. But I intended to buy only the two towers and the AVR for now.

So, I checked out Polk Audio TSi 300. Excellent build quality, but sounded bright and shouty. Then, it was wharfedale VR 400 & Diamonds 9.5 & 9.6. They were all great.

But then the guy at Modern World offered the Jamo at 12.5k & Denon AVR 1311 at 17.5k, I was compelled to check how the towers performed on their own. So I went there with my CDs and did a few tweeks on the AVR & the speakers sounded very good indeed.

It's best to keep the bass & treb at 0, while switching the sub to 'off' on the 1311 while listening to music to avoid any listening fatigue. This gives out a very warm, balanced sound. I listen to metal, so these are my findings. Movies sounded good too. I played T2 judgement day (original disc, of course) via Dolby D & Neo 6 Cinema & they sounded really cool. However, movies do demand the bass & treb to be set at 5 & 6 resp.

If you're still planning on these, just go get them & you'll not regret for the price you're going to pay.

Cheers,
Geecee

@blasto,

Can you suggest me a good book-shelf speaker set (JBL,wharfedales,Infinity types), which will sound good for movies as well as music (movies in particular). At present I use tower speakers, but somehow I feel, book-shelves would do more justice to my requirements. My room-size is 14.5 X 9.10 ft. I feel that the towers might be too imposing considering my room-size. I using a Denon-1604. When I talked to a sales guy in Mumbai (The shop, Juhu), he advised against my plans saying that one should not downgrade the speaker system. Says never downgrade from towers to BS. He says I will always the feel of the towers, which I might have got used to.
Suggest with your valuable suggestions.

Regards

--JAYANT

Hi Jayant,

I am sharing my experience and knowledge with you, although I might be incorrect but according to me the sales guy fooled you. Having all 4 tower speakers makes no sense, either you are watching a movie or listening to music. BS speakers will do equal, as the rear speakers are meant for special effects (in movies). There is a fixed amount of data (rms wise) that is sent to them from the AVR, which is slightly lesser than the front ones. So no matter if you have BS or Tower, the sound will come same only because the signals are same. And if you are listening to music, it anyways is recorded in sterio sound, which means that left and right channel, so only two tower speakers in the front will do. However, having Towers in front definitely adds punch, especially when you are listening to music. This is because they give you additional bass other than the woofer, which adds to the sound quality. So according to me you should go for BS speakers for rear. You will have a better experience at a lesser cost and they will also take lesser space.

Regards
Yashasvi

Hello even though I know this thread is a year old i really need help.
Please help me choose between a jamo s426 hcs3 5.0 and a 5.0 from wharfedale 2x10.1 as front, 10cs as centar and 10.0 as back surround. My room is 25 square meters and i will be connecting theese speakers with vsx 519v or vsx 422 which will be connected to my pc with asus xonar d1 sound card. I might be using analog surround connection to the reciever because i think my sound card has better DAC and 5.1 gaming will be easier. Now, I do almost equal gaming watching movies and listening to music so all three things are important to me. I have listened the jamo s426 and sound very good and full but not as clear and detailed. I have listened wharfa 10.0 and 10.cs however i did not had the chance to listen to 10.1 but from.10.0 and 10 cs, they sound very good crystal clear and loud with detail but they are more squiky, no low noise and sort of missing lows. Plus i will combine all set of wharfedale 5.0 for arround 380 eur comapred to 5.0 jamo s426 hcs3 260 eur. So what would you recomend should i go with the jamo s426 hcs3 cause they have towers in them or should i go with wharfedale 5.0 combinations of bookshelfs. And how do 10.1 sound, will they be deeper and may they act or be better then s426 towers from jamo. And will the center from wharfedale be overkill for the small 10.1. Ah alot of questions please help me. Thank you.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back