Jamo - S606HCS3 + SUB300 + Denon AVR - 1910

Kamal66077

pl mention whats yr budget and the room size , also to what extent will you use yr system for watching movies / listening to music, the reason being that sometimes if a budget is a constraint ( and to match the denon 1910) I have been sugegsting to buy a real good set of front spreakers , and then later go for a additional surround and sub woofer , also check out if dali range fits in yr budget,
cheers,
umesh

Jamo - S406

Hi all, I'm new to this site and i have a question. I've bought the jamo floorstanders S 406 and am planning to go in for a Norge amp. My question is this: with a Long term Pwr rating of 80W and Short term 120 W for the speakers, would it be a good idea to go in for the Norge Mosfet Ref 2000 (which has an output of 125 +125W at 4 ohms and 100W + 100 W at 8 ohms)?
Or should i stick to the Norge 2060 (output 80W + 80 W RMS)??
Need help with this. Thanks

my room size is 12X12.. I use 60% on music and 40% on movies.. My budget s 1 to 1.1 Lak which includes both receiver and amp. I am sure of buying Denon 1910(45k as on profx site) as it has got good upscaling capability. What are the spks that match with 1910?? Is there better speakers than Jamo?

Last edited:
The Jamo S606 package is a good contender for the money. If it fits your requirements and budget, its definitely not a bad choice. Another one you can try out is the diamond series; this should come with in your budget.

diamond%2095%20pack.jpg

Try the 9.5/9CS/9DFS with SW150. You can substitute the 9.5 with 9.1/2 BS and 9DFS with 9SR if that helps.

Regards.

I am planning to buy Jamo S606HCS3 with SUB300 and Denon 1910. Is it a best deal to go with?

=========================================================

while I have not heard the Jamo sub 300 I did audition the 200 while buying my speakers and it wasn't good. I didn't feel the sub contributed anything when listening to music. Since the 300 also reads like an entry level sub suggest you replace it unless you're getting a package price deal.

The Jamo S606 package is a good contender for the money. If it fits your requirements and budget, its definitely not a bad choice. Another one you can try out is the diamond series; this should come with in your budget.

diamond%2095%20pack.jpg

Try the 9.5/9CS/9DFS with SW150. You can substitute the 9.5 with 9.1/2 BS and 9DFS with 9SR if that helps.

Regards.

I am thinking of changing the Sub to Wharfedale Diamond SUB250.. rest remains the same. and the S606 is not the one which you have added... its this:

http://www.jamo.com/images/c/447/370x370.aspx

Hi there,

I'm planning to buy the same system (S606 and 1910 amp) did you buy them? If so how do you like them?

If you haven't bought them can I suggest you buy the Denon 1910 amp from Singapore they sell it there for 21,363 Rps. Even if you get them to DHL and pay the import duty it will probably work out cheaper.

Chris

Hi Chris

Can u tell us where in Singapore did you get this quote for 1910...I am currently in Singapore and am looking to pick up the 1910...ur inputs will be v helpful.

Cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back