Jamo Vs Polk

So have the set up complete and am happy with the sound. I have the 2 FS and center. Music and TV listening is good. But when watching movies dialogue is getting drowned by background. I have tried setting L/R to large and center to small and also all to large with no difference. Also am not sure what the frequency for two channels should be. Suggestions?

Try adjusting the channel levels in avr. Also this is possible due to mismatch of center channel with fs. Increase the center channel levels accordingly. If you have a smartphone download spl meter and try the test tones in avr and try matching the levels of fronts and center channel. I would suggest setting fs to small but since you dont have subwoofer you will miss out on low frequencies. Also which is the center channel speaker you are using?

Hi.. Polk audio is a more powerful/vibrant speaker.much better build quality. Sounds much better than jamo 426. The harshness depends on what equipment its paired. The harshness evens out after a while when the speaker completes a certain no. Of hours of being played (its like a new engine). + depends on eq from the amp side ! All in all the polk is a more vfm product.

@rayvonnee Yes I have a different Center from my Jamo FS. The center is non timber Pure accoustics speaker part of my old 5.1 setup. Would I need to timber match it? As said I can watch movies from my Airtel HD with clear dialogues. But loose the dialogues while playing from Western Digital player. These are mostly BRRip files. I will try increasing the Center channel as the level almost matches the FS.

Any app you can suggest on playstore or appstore? The few I tried were not good for calibration.

Are you using brrips with 5.1 audio or just 2channel audio
Which mode do you set while watching brrips? Also im not having much idea of wd tv but you must set audio output to 2ch. And bitstream dts and dolby formats.
Timbre matching would be ideal and hence i had suggested to go for jamo 5.0 which would keep the sound signature same.
Nevertheless you can try making some changes in settings as above and check
Also you can try sound meter by smart tools co. On google play store. Note that your entire environment should be silent. Put off any fans or anything which makes noise even the slightest. I configured my speakers @ 2 in the night when there was absolute silence.

Are you having your old 5.1 setup also? In that case i would suggest setting center channel to 100hz and i think you are running your subwoofer and surrounds also? What is your setup exactly? Do you have all 5.1 speakers + subwoofer? Post some pics if you can. Also check if you have wired up your speaker terminals correctly.

I have the 2FS + center currently. Do not have the rear and sub (out with some issues). Pics to follow. As said sounds awesome with HD channels. But not with WD live. Keep mostly in DTS mode.

f5e3cbe3f2a9f3f0af239f5d0723c694.jpg

Put the centre just below the TV. That will result in the speaker pointing at ear level. Do you have subwoofer and surrounds? Also when you are playing 5.1 channel blurayrips if its not dolby (AC3) or dts then the avr has to be set to direct mode. Dolby pro logoc or dts neo will not be so effective. In certain cases the avr does not register the changes of channel levels so select a mode first i.e
Dts neo, prologic, multi channel, etc and then make changes im channel level

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back