Jamo Vs Polk

Nope...The only ones available are Jamo 260 and few other 150 Watts subs in the range of 20-25K. Am worried the PSW125 will drown my Jamo Floor standers. Urgent advice required.

Also, not sure my denon 1513 can drive 150W sub?

Last edited:
I have auditioned the jamo fs with jamo sub 260 and was highly impressed by the subwoofer. I can say that the sub 260 is better designed than the polk. If budget is not a problem then you can go for sub 260 over polk psw 110. When i was looking out for subwoofer i went with polk for vfm. It was 16.5k compared to jamo sub 260 which was 25k. Also the jamo sub260 i feel will suit your jamo fs very well. BTW i dont think subwoofers will drown your speakers output in anyway. Subwoofers have their own volume control and you can always adjust that

Thanks @rayvonnee. The Jamo is available there for 22k (not much difference with one in Bangalore). While the other options are - Polk psw 125 for around 17k and BA as250 for 17 k. Will the Jamo be better than 150w Polk?

What was the difference in price?? Also you need to think abt customs as it will add up the price finally. Also you miss out on warranty. Which i believe is 1 year amplifier and 5 year for driver. Would be better of you could source the equipment right from here. Also if your product turns out to be defective you need to return it back again you have to ship it back or get it repaired here which will be a hassle again. Anyway congrats on the purchase. Hope you love the sound you hear

I am getting it at half the INR price. Not sure customs would make an issue as my source is not carrying any other electronic item. I got my avr and old 5.1 from there and did not face customs issue.

Am aware of the warranty issue and am riding my luck. Since I got my FS from folks here, plan to use the same contact. The price difference did me in.

I have set up the sub and looking for help with the crossover settings I should set on receiver. I have set LPF+LFE @120 Hz. Front FS to 90Hz and Center to 60Hz Crossover. All speakers are set to small.

On Sub - Level is at quarter, Cut off at 60 (Get a jarring noise if I increase it),
Phase is 0. Have connected the Y cable to Line out. Please see pic in the below link -
http://www.jamo.com/images/common/SUB260/addl/SUB260_3.jpg

I hear a boomy sound inspite of trying at different places in my room.

Are the settings correct?

Congratz on the new purchase.
You have setup your speakers wrongly. According to me ideal settings should be:
Setup AVR:
All speakers set to small
Crossover for all speakers should be at 80hz. Your jamos fronts could be set at a lower frequency if you like to. I doubt your center is capable of doing 60hz. Set the subwoofer to yes. Also set subwoofer at 120hz which i believe you have set already.
Connections:
I suggest to remove the subwoofer y cable and put only a single subwoofer rca to rca cable to the one mentioned as LFE.
On Subwoofer:
Set crossover at 200Hz i.e full
When you are using lfe port the internal crossover is bypassed and so you need to turn it up
Phase knob should be set at 0 initially. Once you get used to the settings then u can fiddle with phase controls. Increase volume on subwoofer as required. Also check and see if your speaker levels settings if the subwoofer is at 0db in avr.
By connecting y splitter you have boosted the signal and setting crossover at 60hz you are letting the left channel recieve the signal from the avrs crossovers whereas the right is recieving the lfe signal and is allowing only frequencies below 60hz to play.........
Anyway to keep it simple do the following settings and post your views here. Do add some pics too. Hope you enjoy your ht experience.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have narrowed down my FS search to Polk TSX330T and Jamo S426. I took audition of both of them and found not much of a difference. Though Polk was a bit too bright and boomy while Jamo was low on bass but otherwise very pleasant. Specs wise is there anything that I should consider? Jamo FS is discontinued elsewhere but does that matter?

Thanks,
Sridhar

They look like 2 woofers + soft dome. The sound may be due to the fact one cabinet is stuffed more than the other, you may be better off picking the one that has the better woofer. Jamo looks like treated paper, polk looks like its plastic, and I'd take plastic over paper.
Or take the one that has the better surround. Of one is foam other is rubber, rubber is better.
Cool.
Srinath.

Congratz on the new purchase.
You have setup your speakers wrongly. According to me ideal settings should be:
Setup AVR:
All speakers set to small
Crossover for all speakers should be at 80hz. Your jamos fronts could be set at a lower frequency if you like to. I doubt your center is capable of doing 60hz. Set the subwoofer to yes. Also set subwoofer at 120hz which i believe you have set already.
Connections:
I suggest to remove the subwoofer y cable and put only a single subwoofer rca to rca cable to the one mentioned as LFE.
On Subwoofer:
Set crossover at 200Hz i.e full
When you are using lfe port the internal crossover is bypassed and so you need to turn it up
Phase knob should be set at 0 initially. Once you get used to the settings then u can fiddle with phase controls. Increase volume on subwoofer as required. Also check and see if your speaker levels settings if the subwoofer is at 0db in avr.
By connecting y splitter you have boosted the signal and setting crossover at 60hz you are letting the left channel recieve the signal from the avrs crossovers whereas the right is recieving the lfe signal and is allowing only frequencies below 60hz to play.........
Anyway to keep it simple do the following settings and post your views here. Do add some pics too. Hope you enjoy your ht experience.
Thank you! I did as said. Crossover for my fronts and center is at 80. Removed Y cable and connected single cable as in pic attached. Overall better sound but still sound from sub jars a bit. Dont feel its sharp enough especially for songs. In movies I am happy . ..
56f5fd90b98d88911605c70bc424ab76.jpg

While playing songs set your avr to direct mode. And set speakers to large. This will get you satisfying audio for music

When you engage the AVR in "Direct mode/Pure Direct/Pure Audio" in stereo, the AVR will treat the front speakers as large...The direct function overrides the speaker settings.. You don't need to change them "Large"...But no signal will be sent to sub-woofer...

My denon avr allows me to select whether speakers are large or small. Also there is subwoofer settings in which the mode says lfe or lfe+main. This is what i have observed in my setup

Thank you! I did as said. Crossover for my fronts and center is at 80. Removed Y cable and connected single cable as in pic attached. Overall better sound but still sound from sub jars a bit. Dont feel its sharp enough especially for songs. In movies I am happy . ..
56f5fd90b98d88911605c70bc424ab76.jpg
On close observation I wonder why have you connect line out on your subwoofer??

I was sure am messing up something. I have connected it now to the White port above which says LFE/Left. Did not get time to test it yet. Also, guess placement is causing the sound to be boomy. Will try the subwoofer crawling and post back my experience. Thanks for all the help!!

Hi Guys,
Sorry to hijack this post. i am a newbie here in HT,

now i have "SANAK" to build a custom HT,

i am reading all about HT and found JAMO S426 is in my budget, you guys has already bought it , pls suggest which one i should buy like Polk Audio or Jamo or any other brand , budget for 5.0 is around 35K

another advantage with Jamo is it is 5.0.

for AVR i am thinking to buy Yamaha VX479costing me around 24k
any suggestion for AVR?

in Delhi JAMO dealer quote me 34K for 5.0 , is it high?

currently i am in China so thinking to buy Chinese brand for AVR , these are also good , its not like chinese item in india.

Pls suggest.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back