Jbl scs 140 bk

bhprin

Hi Seniors,

some one has given me price for the model is 10K.

Please help me to find out is it ok price and also about the speakers how are they.
I am movies fan some times i listen to gazals and i have not thought of receiver yet.

JBL Home Audio

Forget to mention, can this yamaha rx 367 will be good for these speakers?
My room size is 10 x 13.
Thanks in adv,
bhanu

Last edited:
It's a good price, mine cost about 15K 7-8 months back.

The speakers are not very good though. They are fine for background listening or some non-critical movie watching. I basically got them for a gaming setup as against the Logitech Z5500 or the Onkyo 3100/3105 setups, which were my other options, and I must say they are perfect for that kind of a role, where impact and surround effects are far more important than absolute sound quality.

For music or even movie lovers, I would urge you to look elsewhere. There are some issues with dialogue clarity, but the speakers have decent impact and presence. I guess for the price you pay, you can't do much better though.

I run mine off the very basic Pioneer VSX416, which was offered at a combo price of 25K. The Pio does fine I guess, so your Yamaha should have no issues at all. I don't think they are very demanding speakers (they are listed at 4ohms) and pretty much any entry-level receiver should do fine with them for basic usage.

I guess you picked it up from Vashi RD.:)

Good speakers what I found
10 K is good price too try to negociate hard
Te=he best part is 8 Inch powered Sud insted of 6 inch powered in Yamaha YHT 195 and non powered in Onkyo!

Good speakers what I found
10 K is good price too try to negociate hard
Te=he best part is 8 Inch powered Sud insted of 6 inch powered in Yamaha YHT 195 and non powered in Onkyo!

thank hemant.

This is without bill. but new box packed imported from singapore.

Can you also suggest which receiver will be good for these speakers?

/bhanu

please any body else suggest.

just my 2 cents....JBLs are bright speakers, so they usually pair well with HK receivers (laid back sound). from my limited exposure to Yamaha receivers, they tend to be on the brighter side (this is purely my opinion). Bright speaker + bright avr may cause fatigue, so watch out for that.

just my 2 cents....JBLs are bright speakers, so they usually pair well with HK receivers (laid back sound). from my limited exposure to Yamaha receivers, they tend to be on the brighter side (this is purely my opinion). Bright speaker + bright avr may cause fatigue, so watch out for that.

what do u mean jbl + yamaha is not a good cobination?
please give some more light.

which receiver will be good for these speakers..??

and which has better value in sense of movies.
jamo 406(without sub) or this jbl(with sub)?

Last edited:
what do u mean jbl + yamaha is not a good cobination?
please give some more light.

no, I didn't say its a bad combo. I said they could be on the brighter side. when I say brighter, I mean the speakers tend to have pronounced high end (to my ears though....).
don't get me wrong. I actually like these speakers. I recommend this to most people looking for sub-sat system at this price point. my OPINION is yamaha is not a great match for JBLs. HK, Marantz or Pioneer could pair well.

I think the Jamo u r talking about is with front towers right?
I think they are far better as speakers as they consist of towers and jbl is Sub Sat

Any expert comments?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back