JBL speaker repair help

Anshul_J

Hi guys, I have a pair of old JBL s310 towers, and I wish to get them repaired as the woofer rims are torn/damaged. As far as I can tell the coils or other parts are not damaged, I think reconing will be enough. But I have very limited knowledge in this regard and not good at all at DIY.
Can anyone guide me for the following
1. does reconing degrade the sq, is it worth the effort
2. apprx how much should it cost
3. right person in the Gurgaon/Delhi area who can do a good job and is reasonable

Attachments

• Jbl.jpeg
    Jbl.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Jbl setup.jpeg
    Jbl setup.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 61
Any suggestions guys
BTW, I think even reconing is not required just re-foaming will suffice. From where can these re-foaming kits be procured in India?
Although I would still like to get the speakers checked and repaired from a proper person if anyone could connect me to such a person.

I am sure some Gurgaon FM's will point you in the right direction. And welcome to the forum.

Is only the dust cap on the speakers damaged cosmetically?
Meaning that is the only apparent damage that I find on checking the pictures.
I have seen online solutions where tape is stuck on the damaged cones and slowly pulled to pull the damage dust cones.
I am sure more informed FMs can chip in.

Hi guys, I have a pair of old JBL s310 towers, and I wish to get them repaired as the woofer rims are torn/damaged. As far as I can tell the coils or other parts are not damaged, I think reconing will be enough. But I have very limited knowledge in this regard and not good at all at DIY.
Can anyone guide me for the following
1. does reconing degrade the sq, is it worth the effort
2. apprx how much should it cost
3. right person in the Gurgaon/Delhi area who can do a good job and is reasonable

Hi

See Youtube videos .....There are simple solutions to solve the pressed dust cap issue.

Woofer ring is damaged and needs to be replaced.....rings are available....you need a skillful repairer to do it. In Mumbai we have Lamington Road who have such persons....unfortunately lockdown here...dunno what would be the situation at your end....

Perhaps using some sticking solution you can temporarily resolve the woofer ring issue.....also you can try Scotch tape or thing cello tape

Yes, woofer rings are damaged on both the speakers, I have seen some online videos and determined the same. Was hoping fellow members could guide me to a proper person for repairs. Thanks

Got the speakers repaired through cinesound in ghitorni, he got it done from someone else and charged me 6000 for it. A bit expensive but seems to have done a decent job.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-03 at 09.37.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-03 at 09.37.40.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
If the Orginal surrounds are not used, it definitely won’t sound the same as it changes the amount of front back movement and the speed in doing so. Good thing is, sometimes it ends up better than original.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back