JIO FIBER / BROADBAND

I have a Jio connection. Paid ₹2500/- and the speed is very poor and they have a useless customer care.
Switched back to ACT and can't be more happy than that.

I have a Jio connection. Paid ₹2500/- and the speed is very poor and they have a useless customer care.
Switched back to ACT and can't be more happy than that.
I was contemplating on a Jio 100 Mbps connection due to it's net and other benefits. Now, I feel I need to wait for some more time to get the Jio thing to settle down with better customer service. Right now using BSNL fiber connection of 50 Mbps.

Jio has reached outside our society and awaiting permission for internal wiring. They are supposed to take another 2 months before we get it. But they are offering 100 mbps and I am on airtel 300 mbps plan.
The good thing is as soon as they start the services airtel will lower the prices, or maybe offer additional free Netflix.:cool:

They will be offering gigabit speeds only after commercial launch. Also GigaTV will be launched then. I’ll wait till then.

100mbps and 100GB Data download ? Is it worth?Online streaming full hd quality apprx 5 TO 6GB so for 1 hr,how can we see full month in 100gb?
Again it is fibre ,like ACT,BSNL all possibilities like cable damage,Lightening and FUP caps all are applicable .Why so much big fuss about jio?

I have read online that it is highly likely Jio is kinda prying on whatever we do with their internet. Please make sure it is not a threat to your privacy, before subscribing to it. Just wanted to share what I came across.
Peace.

100mbps and 100GB Data download ? Is it worth?Online streaming full hd quality apprx 5 TO 6GB so for 1 hr,how can we see full month in 100gb?
Again it is fibre ,like ACT,BSNL all possibilities like cable damage,Lightening and FUP caps all are applicable .Why so much big fuss about jio?
Its not 100gb per se. The service is provided in chunks of 100gb. When you exhaust it, you can add another 100gb chunk free of cost. Thats the scene right now.

I have read online that it is highly likely Jio is kinda prying on whatever we do with their internet. Please make sure it is not a threat to your privacy, before subscribing to it. Just wanted to share what I came across.
Peace.

I want a gigabit connection and if Airtel offers it, I won’t move to jio even if the prices are slightly higher. I am satisfied with 300mbps right now and for gigabit speeds I’ll have to upgrade my wifi network as well.

Iam using the one for 4500/-

The strength is quite decent.
There are two options available. One is with signal 5.0 This has less range and higher speeds.
The other is the normal speed with more range.

Pls check with them again.

When i was getting the connection,they told that only single band 2.4ghz WiFi router(INR 2500) is available. Also they mentioned that jio stop selling the dual band WiFi router due to its higher price tag. So i went with this one. WiFi signal range is poor. Only advantage i'm seeing that its free until commercial launch.
Also found that in one of the youtube review, some modem have quality control issue like this WiFi signal range issues. Will check with their service engineers and see.

Peace.
not only jio ...all of them ...facebook , twitter , google etc have a way of gathering data ...this has been going on for years now and has become normal .

not only jio ...all of them ...facebook , twitter , google etc have a way of gathering data ...this has been going on for years now and has become normal .
But jio is an isp and can throttle speeds according to your usage and maybe using deep packet inspection and prevent people from downloads - torrents etc.. so as to save on data usage. Jio was first to ban p**n i guess. Not sure though.
For someone who has all legitimate usage should not be worried.
Someone taking a gigabit plan with 1-2 tb of data/month sure would be having other uses.

Peace.
Haha!!
Highly, likely are tame sweet words. Network monitoring and analytics is enmeshed with service.
All Internet and content service providers track what users do and how they use the service.
If you are worried about privacy, online content is not your game.
Cheers,
Raghu

Haha!!
Highly, likely are tame sweet words. Network monitoring and analytics is enmeshed with service.
All Internet and content service providers track what users do and how they use the service.
If you are worried about privacy, online content is not your game.
Cheers,
Raghu
Yes, all ISPs do tracking and if I'm not wrong, they are obligated to log whichever website we visit. And that level of privacy breech is fine by me. But, I'm not sure about this deep packet inspection - what Jio does and to me, it is worth a lot to stay away from it. You don't really get to use a normal VPN with Jio and any such encryption will be blocked. Data is the new gold.

Yes, all ISPs do tracking and if I'm not wrong, they are obligated to log whichever website we visit. And that level of privacy breech is fine by me. But, I'm not sure about this deep packet inspection - what Jio does and to me, it is worth a lot to stay away from it. You don't really get to use a normal VPN with Jio and any such encryption will be blocked. Data is the new gold.
I didn’t know that jio does not allow VPN use. Thanks! It might as well be blocking some ssl ports then. I am not taking jio.

Buying the second best in the market is much better for a consumer as a whole. It stimulates competition. I use cherrinet for now and they offer good vfm, 2TB/150mbps for 1200rs pm.

Got a jiofiber connection about a month back. Unhappy! Only option given is the single band Rs2500 modem.
Three issues
1. Nowhere near the promised 100mbps unless you are using ethernet. 40mbps at the best using wifi
2. Denon AVR 2500 connects to jio but is not visible across the network. Cast to device from laptop does not show AVR. Denon is unable to connect to my Media server (laptop is the media server). Network says Jio media server for the modem.
3. Landline provided seems to be voip type - will not work if internet is down.
May keep it as long as it is free!

Got a jiofiber connection about a month back. Unhappy! Only option given is the single band Rs2500 modem.
Three issues
1. Nowhere near the promised 100mbps unless you are using ethernet. 40mbps at the best using wifi
2. Denon AVR 2500 connects to jio but is not visible across the network. Cast to device from laptop does not show AVR. Denon is unable to connect to my Media server (laptop is the media server). Network says Jio media server for the modem.
3. Landline provided seems to be voip type - will not work if internet is down.
May keep it as long as it is free!
I have been using Jio for the last 12 months in Coimbatore and am very happy for the following reasons.

1. The modem is pretty robust given that more than 8 devices connect in our home
2. Speed is stable - mostly in the 70 - 90 MBPS range
3. Good range
4. It provides SMS alerts on all new devices connecting to your wifi
5. It has had just one downtime in the last 12 months
6. True hi-speed. My netflix has not pixelated once in the last 12 months due to unstable speeds. It used to happen multiple times with ACT

Hi Guys, how is Jiofiber in Bangalore?
I’m using Act, on comparing the tariffs I feel act is costlier so planning to change.

True. I am using Jio Fiber since last year and I have not faced any connectivity issues till now. Now, they have upgraded my subscription(Silver) to unlimited data plan. I feel GOLD plan is VFM at 1100rupees incl tax, you will get OTT access too(incl Amazon Prime).

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back