Attachments

• Resize-Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize-Wizard-1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Resize-Wizard-12.jpg
    Resize-Wizard-12.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 190
Batli( thats a nice change!) Bothal,

Congrats boss! You have seen to have covered all sorts of sources: Cdp, PC, TT.
Tube amp?

thanks everyone :)

@venkat , thanks for the invite. i have been following the thread closely but not too sure if i can make it due to prior commitments which is why I haven't posted there.

Congrats Bothal, you have shot the TT nicely!! This is a club many more including myself are eager to join.... Someday:)!!

+1 :eek:

Can you post a brief review and how does the audio feel ?
Welcome home !

sounds smooth if that makes sense :D still doing a bit of travelling so not able to listen to it properly will probably get down to some serious listening next week and post impressions

I was thinking of changing the default Ortofon 3E to a 2M Red but was wondering about the reviews where people found it bright. My speakers are already a bit forward sounding so was wondering if I should try the Nagaoka MP110

Last edited:
I've been using the turntable without the included felt mat. Will there be any issues with that ? I find the sound too dull and dead with the mat. On the naked surface its vibrant and airy. Not sure if its something to do with the cartridge or something that needs to be tweaked

congrats bottle!

well there should be no issue to not using a felt mat the only thing is felt is supposed to reduce static, something you can easily remedy by brushing your record when you place it on the platter with a carbon fibre brush. if it sounds better to you enjoy it that way!

the other explanation i can think of is that without the felt mat the effect is that your arm height has increased changing the angle your cart reads the groove hence the airier sound but a felt mat would be too thin.. but then again it might have that effect.

regards

I was also wondering about the arm height too since I set up the TT with the pressure guage without the mat but will stick to matless for now and tweak it later

I was also wondering about the arm height too since I set up the TT with the pressure guage without the mat but will stick to matless for now and tweak it later

Dude, tweak it with the mat on!

Though there will still be a slight sonic difference with/without the mat.

How many hours have you played the cart?

The sound will improve @ about 40 hrs (min) of playing! And boy will it be an improvement!

So, keep opening new batli's as you guzze the pure Vinyl!

Intoxicating!:)

Listening to about 3 hours every day :D anyways my 2m red arrived too, will fit it on this weekend

Listening to about 3 hours every day :D anyways my 2m red arrived too, will fit it on this weekend

Swee Bottle! Very sweet this is brother!
Congrats for the TT and the cart.

Pls post ur impresions and more close up pictures with more light falling on the TT. Setting up was easy?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back