Journey to HT setup

Hi Aditya Bro
Finally ordered OPTOMA141x 3d projector from amazon.com
I went for normal delivery..total cost is around 53k with shipping charges & import duty.
delivery date is between 14-20 january..
so count down start now
Thanks

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

It's the same time I ordered my projector and I received my projector on Jan 14th I think :D
Good that u chose a normal delivery :)
Now what will happen is , Wake up in the morning and track your package where it is, and in the afternoon once again track it, after reaching home in the evening AGAIN track it :p hehehehe this will happen :lol:
I am sure if Amazon app is not installed on ur phone now is the that u will install it :D

What about the screen ?

Cheers,
Aditya

^ Thats awesome digistar. Aditya and me are like good old veteran experts on this projector. Dont worry we can guide you on this very well you are in good hands.

And for HTIB, i would strongly suggest Yamaha 299 model if you can find . And Aditya, no i do not like the onkyo 5700. I have an year's experience with its older version 5500 and it totally sucked and felt totally overpriced. Onkyo's 3700, yes that one i am with you, is a lot better value for money and a perfectly sensible option but then again, yamaha is much more successful. lots of threads for the yamaha in this forum.

Digistar bro, note that what raghupb is recommending has got very little to do with full volume or acoustic treatment. The whole point is that for the same money, as compared to separate buys of branded speakers and AVRs, the HTIBs are a bit of compromise with limited adjustments and factory settings for its own speakers only. Even if you play with minimal volume and zero acoustics, the focussed and flexible options for sound quality, long term value and durability of your set up is way, way higher than any HTIB. The only caveat being that separate AVR and speaker buys at the minimum take about 1.5 times the budget of any HTIB. However any average experienced person will tell you that if you can afford it, there is literally no better way that exists.

bro, can u clarify once again to digistar regarding 3d glasses, just check above posts where I replied for 3D glasses, there are some ebay and amazon links which digistar has given.

Cheers,
Aditya

Hi
regarding screen, I am calculating the wall & distance of my room..I have not yet decided where to put Projector in room..i dont want to put it on ceiling..
I like your way to put it on some high table..I have removed all furniture from that room..just one big old couch for sitting..projector have to be behind /above the couch yet to decide
on the wall, the space which is suitable for putting screen is 130 inches wide & height would be 84 inches(7 feet high)..some margin should be left ..
distance from screen wall to the projector must be 12-13 feet..as length of that room is 13 feet 8 inches.
so I have 3 option 100inches,106,& 116/120 inches..
I am thinking should i calculate it now or wait for projector & then put it on right place & then project on wall without any zoom & decide about screen size
thanks

Last edited:
Hi
regarding screen, I am calculating the wall & distance of my room..I have not yet decided where to put Projector in room..i dont want to put it on ceiling..
I like your way to put it on some high table..I have removed all furniture from that room..just one big old couch for sitting..projector have to be behind /above the couch yet to decide
on the wall, the space which is suitable for putting screen is 130 inches wide & height would be 84 inches(7 feet high)..some margin should be left ..
distance from screen wall to the projector must be 12-13 feet..as length of that room is 13 feet 8 inches.
so I have 3 option 100inches,106,& 116/120 inches..
I am thinking should i calculate it now or wait for projector & then put it on right place & then project on wall without any zoom & decide about screen size
thanks

Sure, the latter is better. After u get the projector place it and then plan for the required screen size :)
u still didnt mention where u r from :p

Cheers,
Aditya

Sure, the latter is better. After u get the projector place it and then plan for the required screen size :)
u still didnt mention where u r from :p

Cheers,
Aditya

Hi
I am living in pune Right now.
what should be the height of projector from floor...
I have removed all furniture & put couch to watch screen..after some time,i can change it to reclyner..till then its a lounger cum sofa in which 3 people can sit comfortably.I am planning to put projector (behind sofa)on a big stool or tabel..so i need to know what should be the height from floor
thanks

Hi
I am living in pune Right now.
what should be the height of projector from floor...
I have removed all furniture & put couch to watch screen..after some time,i can change it to reclyner..till then its a lounger cum sofa in which 3 people can sit comfortably.I am planning to put projector (behind sofa)on a big stool or tabel..so i need to know what should be the height from floor
thanks

Good to know
Place the projector as high as possible, anyways u should be placing it above the height of the sofa, but if theres any possibility keep it more high.

Cheers,
Aditya

I don't know how is it for your projector but projectors are usually designed to project an image from a table or ceiling. Ceiling mount is the ideal method. Check your manual to see if you can place it upright on a shelf near the ceiling. I would prefer that to an inverted mount

http://www.hifivision.com/showthread.php?t=49464

Last edited:
Most projectors that do not have vertical lens shift will only project the image in one direction - upwards. Meaning the projector will shoot an image whose bottom is in alignment (mostly) with the lens of the projector. So if you place the PJ on a table, the bottom of the image will be in line with the lens of the projector, mostly. You can setup the projector to flip the image which comes handy when you hang the projector (upside down) - at that time the top of the image will be in line with the lens of the projector.
So to answer your question, if you are placing the PJ on a stool, the bottom of the image will be mostly at the height of the stool. But projectors are very sensitive to movement, jerks etc and it may be best placed out of reach.

Hi, please check website www.projectorcentral.com This site give lot of information on screen size calculation, projector distance and height etc based on the proj make model etc. It is really helpful. It has a database of many models of various Mfg.

bro, can u clarify once again to digistar regarding 3d glasses, just check above posts where I replied for 3D glasses, there are some ebay and amazon links which digistar has given.

Cheers,
Aditya

Htfan bro
please explain what aditya bro suggested
thanks

Hi
My projector is dispatched from amazon..Its on the way..so waitinggggggg
I am still pondering over some other components
for HT..I have thought out about..YAMAHA yht-299 or Yht-2910? ..both have slight difference..
during going through some forums, I have got this thread..
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/61560-finally-bought-my-new-customize-ht.html
Its a goot HT setup with different componenets..its a decent system in budget..please give your views about it?
thanks

Thanks htfan, yes, we r good veteran experts on this projector :D
and surely u r in good hands :)
Yes htfan, I felt the same about Onkyo when comparing 5700 and 3700.

Digistar, its true that getting a AVR and speakers separately will be better than going for a HTiB. But I have a very little knowledge about the brands and prices in that range.
I used a budget HTiB for years and then jumped to high end systems directly, so have little knowledge about the budget AVR and Speakers.
Request htfan and others to please give in your views and suggestions regarding AVR and speakers to digistar so he can finalize quickly.

Cheers,
Aditya

Hi
i am still very confuse about HT system
For HTIB , I can go for yamaha yht299 or yht 2910..
But Reading one of the thread (giving above), I am giving thoutht about this also
expert please suggest
thanks

Hi
Before projector reached, I want to buy UPS fro it..
can you expert suggest good ups in which I put my optoma hd141x projector & Av receiver..
which ups is best for those?
thanks

Hi
I have searched some Screens for projection
I will decide screen size after projector comes..
i am sharing some links for future purpose & for help for fellow members
Size 12 FT X 7 FT MAP Type Home Cinema Projector Screen IN 16 9 Format | eBay
Size 11 FT X 7 FT MAP Type Home Cinema Projector Screen IN 16 9 Format | eBay
9 FT X 5 FT MAP Type 16 9 Luzon Dzire Brand Projector Screen Imported Fabric | eBay
9 FT X 5 FT MAP Type 16 9 Luzon Dzire Brand Projector Screen Imported Fabric | eBay
MAP Type Home Cinema Projector Screen IN 16 9 Format Size 9 FT X 5 FT | eBay
9 FT X 5 FT MAP Type 16 9 Cineline Brand Projector Screen Imported Fabric | eBay
MAP Type Home Cinema Projector Screen IN 16 9 Format Size 10 FT X 6 FT | eBay
Wall Type Home Cinema Projector Screen Size 104 Inch X 58 Inch 9 FT X 5 FT | eBay
Wall Type Home Cinema Projector Screen Size 104 Inch X 58 Inch 9 FT X 5 FT | eBay
Wall Type 9 FT X 5 FT 16 9 Format Technolite Projector Screen A Grade | eBay
Wall Type 9 FT X 5 FT 16 9 Format Cineline Projector Screen A Grade | eBay
Home Cinema Wall Type 9 FT X 5 FT 16 9 Format Projector Screen A Grade | eBay
Motorised 8 FT X 4 5 ' FT 16 9 HDTV Format Technolite Brand Projector Screen | eBay
Size 10 FT W X 6 FT H MAP Type Home Cinema Projector Screen | eBay
8 FT X 4 5 FT 16 9 Format Wall Type 3D Silver Coated Grey Fabric 2 2 Gain | eBay
MAP Type Size 9 FT X 5 FT Cineline Brand Projector Screen A Grade | eBay
9 FT W X5 FT H 16 9 Crystal MAP Type Projector Screen H Gain | eBay
Instalock Projector Screen Size 6FEET Height X 8FEET Width Premium Grade | eBay

best UPS I donno but the on I am currently using is pretty good as it gives display of voltage, time remaining and also has mute buttton if you dont want to hear the alarm when its active.

The one i have is APC BR1000H-IN

No matter how less components, Do not go for any UPS below 1KVA capacity. These UPS also work as voltage stabilizers which is not a feature available in lower capacity ones.

Best HT system again I donno and i dont have a decent system thats even worth mentioning here. But From what i have read so far in this forum, and I do read a lot, Yamaha 299 is the most successful, most value for money in its price range and best way to begin this journey in the right way.

Last edited:
hI
As soon as projector reach, I need to test it..
But I want to put it on safely electric circuit
so I plan to buy a UPS..I have seen some on amazon..
aditya bro & htfan bro, kindlly suggest which would be good for optoma141x & if I attach one avr receiver also
tell also which surge protector would be good for my other equipments like blueray player, laptop or other components related to HT
Thanks

best UPS I donno but the on I am currently using is pretty good as it gives display of voltage, time remaining and also has mute buttton if you dont want to hear the alarm when its active.

The one i have is APC BR1000H-IN

No matter how less components, Do not go for any UPS below 1KVA capacity. These UPS also work as voltage stabilizers which is not a feature available in lower capacity ones.

Best HT system again I donno and i dont have a decent system thats even worth mentioning here. But From what i have read so far in this forum, and I do read a lot, Yamaha 299 is the most successful, most value for money in its price range and best way to begin this journey in the right way.

Thanks for your helpful reply
do you mean by this UPS..
I have found APC BR1000G-IN..BUT NOT APC BR1000H-IN
this is the link
APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Built in Battery - Buy APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Built in Battery Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back