Journey to HT setup

For Screen:

Go to page 22/68 of the following user manual of optoma 141x. It shows you the table for 'standard throw'. This is where you decide what screen size will be best at what distance.
http://www.optomausa.com/uploads/manuals/HD141X-M-en-US.pdf

Personally if you ask me, for your room of 130 inches wide, 84 inches height and 13.8 feet length, at first it may look like 9X5 feet 120 inch screen is best fit. But but but.... remember that depending on the type, every screen has some 0.5 to 1 feet of extra length/width of rod/machine attached to it. So take that into account for whatever you choose. Also, as per the table since the distance for 120 inch should be between 12.9 and 14.12 feet, I think it is highly risky to get accurate at 13.8 feet of your hall length. there is hardly any room for flexibility. You cannot possibly have the projector touching its back to your room's back wall.

Hence, to be safe , i believe best is that you start with a 100 inch screen.10.75 to 11.75 feet you can easily place your projector for this on a coffee table or ceiling mount it as well.

Most important about 16:9 and width X length :

Do not go blindly if the specifications say it is a 16:9 screen. There is an easy way out. Just divide length by width and only if you get between 1.75 to 1.80, it is truly a 16:9 screen. In absolutely precise terms you want 1.77 (because 16/9 = 1.77) but it is highly improbable as screens do not come in that perfection. However a 0.03 deviation is something easily adjustable by projector's zoom/keystone/placement.

Any other numbers on that division will either crop your projected image or leave a considerably large area unused on either side of the screen. And trust me You dont want either of these scenarios to ruin the experience.

For e.g. in your given links,

12/7 = 1.71. OK but its Not between 1.75 and 1.80. hence AVOID
11/7 = 1.57 STRICTLY AVOID
10/6 = 1.66 STRICTLY AVOID
8/6 = 1.33 This is perfect fit for 4:3 videos (because 4/3 = 1.33). Good for old movies before 70's. AVOID for 16:9 content.

9/5 = 1.80 STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
8/4.5 = 1.77 . STRONGLY RECOMMENDED

However note that a minute deviation always occurs even in recommended ones because of the black 1 inch screen borders applied by manufacturers.

Last edited:

Yes this above is APC without display very good model but without mute feature.

APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Built in Battery - Buy APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Built in Battery Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

This above is identical to what i have and i recomend it solely for the reason that you can keep a check always on display whats the remaining time, voltage in your line and battery capacity.

Other than that both are very good.

Hi
I have ordered 3d active shutter glasses
some glasses on link which I provided are out of stock now
so Got from only 1 seller in amazon.india..now ordered only 1 , if its good ,then order more
ordered 1 25 feet long Bluerigger HDMI cabel
Amazon.in: Buy BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D, 4K and Audio Return (35 Feet / 10.5 Meters) Online at Low Prices in India | BlueRigger Reviews & Ratings
ordered same but mine is 25 feet long
thanks

I bought Techser 1 KVA online UPS for 20k (3 external batteries but have 17 AH rating each). APC/Emerson and others give 1 KVA UPS (internal batteries) but only 7-8 AH, which means very less backup time.
Techser is a local Bangalore firm.

Digistar, I strongly recommend u go for a Yamaha 299 considering ur limitations about the neighbours and other criteria, I suggest u wait until the projector arrives and then get a screen, what htfan said is very much true, it should be 1.77 , I didn't mention these calculations before thinking that it will be too much for a starter :D that's why simply asked u to wait until the projector arrives and then based on the throw distance and the image projected u can buy one.
My screen is 8x4.5 feet

About the UPS, check with Microtek 1KVA
I am using the same and it's far cheaper than APC

Let's just wait until projector arrives :D

In my opinion, given your distance from screen, any of the above two should work best for you. Others woll be tight bordering on requirement and specifications so take a call carefully if you r choosing from others.

Thanks a lot HTfan bro for your kind help
What all you suggesteions shows your knowledge about those technical things..
will ask you so many queestions in coming times.I hope you will always give your kind support
thanks

Digistar, I strongly recommend u go for a Yamaha 299 considering ur limitations about the neighbours and other criteria, I suggest u wait until the projector arrives and then get a screen, what htfan said is very much true, it should be 1.77 , I didn't mention these calculations before thinking that it will be too much for a starter :D that's why simply asked u to wait until the projector arrives and then based on the throw distance and the image projected u can buy one.
My screen is 8x4.5 feet

About the UPS, check with Microtek 1KVA
I am using the same and it's far cheaper than APC

Let's just wait until projector arrives :D

Hi Aditya Bro
Thanks a lot for your help & motivation..
i am so thankful to you & htfan bro who are always ready to help me & solve my all queries even stupid one also
Please tell your SCREEN Brand..or send me the link.I have checked & read all your thread & posts..but I couldnt find from where did you buy your screen & which brand is that?
.how far is your projector distance..?
Ok microtek is also good brand ..I will check that also..Before that If I remember right, You mentioned somewhere that you are using DELTA also..
did you change it?
ya I am also waiting for projector..before that, I want to buy a UPS & surge protector so I will put that projector first time with ups..
have you seen amazon india also reduced prices..last weak it was 75 k..today its 65 k..
thanks

Hi Aditya Bro
Thanks a lot for your help & motivation..
i am so thankful to you & htfan bro who are always ready to help me & solve my all queries even stupid one also
Please tell your SCREEN Brand..or send me the link.I have checked & read all your thread & posts..but I couldnt find from where did you buy your screen & which brand is that?
.how far is your projector distance..?
Ok microtek is also good brand ..I will check that also..Before that If I remember right, You mentioned somewhere that you are using DELTA also..
did you change it?
ya I am also waiting for projector..before that, I want to buy a UPS & surge protector so I will put that projector first time with ups..
have you seen amazon india also reduced prices..last weak it was 75 k..today its 65 k..
thanks

I mentioned Delta is also good ... but I dont have it now .... I will be getting a Delta 7KVA UPS this week for all the equipment. My current setup has 2 x 1 KVA Microtek UPS. Among which I connected My Projector and AVR to 1 UPS and my PC and other equipment to another. Projector and my New AVR are drainig lot of power and 1 KVA UPS is not able to provide the backup. So I am getting a 7KVA UPS for everything now.
To be frank ..... I dont know anything about my screen :eek:
This was all back in last year when I didnt know about anything. Took some contact numbers from Justdial and I just called few screen dealers in Hyderabad, and was looking for a good price, one guy contacted me and came down to my home and checked what size will be better. I actually bought the screen before even I got projector, only thing I did was I place my furniture and have shown the guy where I will place the projector, from there he calculated the distance and suggested 100" will be fine ... I paid him advance and he got the screen installed :D only he delayed to install the screen and it got fixed after I got the projector. The name of the screen manufacturer is Advanced Screens, if u think about googling it ... u will end up with a website Advanced Everything AV. Connected. Canadas leader for design and installation of audio video, digital signage, visual collaboration solutions | Advanced Everything AV. Connected. Canadas leader for design and installation of aud but its not the brand, theres nothing existing about that brand online :p
But later I understood that theres many popular brands available for even cheaper price, but cant help it now :D
Distance from projector to screen is about 12ft or less in my HT room.
As I suggested, go with a 100" screen 16:9 .... remember it should be 16:9
I am sure and confident that 100" will be perfect for ur requirement.

Cheers,
Aditya

My screen is Vega Manto 120 inches motorized screen. Model is 'proline electric' and here is the link

VEGA

This i got from a local dealer for about 22K including installation.

However note that this is very very basic beginner model for a motorised screen of that size. Like Aditya said above, eeven i didnt know anything about my screen brand until it got installed. I only called up the dealer and said i want motorized 120 inch at lowest possible price and he delivered this one. All in all, its been 6 months and i am very happy with the screen except that it makes uneven sound while coming down and up which may not happen in higher priced screens.

This is my second screen. First I had map type 7X4 Feet 100 incher from the local company inlight screens. No problem at all in that at all.

Why increased to 120? I got 120 inches as i shifted to different house and got a wider front wall.

Why i went for motorized model ? one basic reason that it was blocking door size windows and hence it had to be removable.

Why not manual pull down ? In Manual pull down, adjusting the position of screen has limitations. Call me crazy but I wanted more flexibility so that I could move the screen based on the aspect ratio of the image. This is specifically and exclusively my thing that i want to keep only that much screen visible so that it exactly fits the projected image. I am a little crazy in that aspect so dont bother about this in begining. Go for manual pull down or map type both are very good material wise and later upgrade to motorized if u really feel the need.

Dont worry too much on screen. Any type is Its all good as long as it is 16:9 and as long as it is white :D

Yup,
As long as it is 16:9 and as long as it is white ... no problem at all :D
I forgot to mention .... my screen cost was 11,000 its a manual pull down and white.

Cheers,
Aditya

My screen is Vega Manto 120 inches motorized screen. Model is 'proline electric' and here is the link

VEGA

However note that this is very very basic beginner model for a motorised screen of that size. Like Aditya said above, eeven i didnt know anything about my screen brand until it got installed. I only called up the dealer and said i want motorized 120 inch at lowest possible price and he delivered this one. All in all, its been 6 months and i am very happy with the screen except that it makes uneven sound while coming down and up which may not happen in higher priced screens.

This is my second screen. First I had map type 7X4 Feet 100 incher from the local company inlight screens. No problem at all in that at all.

Why increased to 120? I got 120 inches as i shifted to different house and got a wider front wall.

Why i went for motorized model ? one basic reason that it was blocking door size windows and hence it had to be removable.

Why not manual pull down ? In Manual pull down, adjusting the position of screen has limitations. Call me crazy but I wanted more flexibility so that I could move the screen based on the aspect ratio of the image. This is specifically and exclusively my thing that i want to keep only that much screen visible so that it exactly fits the projected image. I am a little crazy in that aspect so dont bother about this in begining. Go for manual pull down or map type both are very good material wise and later upgrade to motorized if u really feel the need.

Dont worry too much on screen. Any type is Its all good as long as it is 16:9 and as long as it is white :D

Bro, is that a 4:3 screen ..... in the link u provided it doesnt say whether a 16:9 or 4:3 ... I didnt download the catalogue and see , but in the photos it seems like a 4:3

Bro, is that a 4:3 screen ..... in the link u provided it doesnt say whether a 16:9 or 4:3 ... I didnt download the catalogue and see , but in the photos it seems like a 4:3

Come on ! You really think after so much of "gyan" I would do that mistake ? :D It is 16:9. Photos are always messed up in these website. Its not a very popular brand. Kinda local only.

Hi
Finally! Projector received!
It has different plug..I am going out & have to buy some indian plug..
I have bought APC ups 1.1KV..I have put it charge now..it will take another 6-10 hours..
If I have bought indian plug & put it in original plug..will it be fit in UPS..
or please tell another solution...
thanks

Congratulations.... Yes, You need to by the converter plug (US to INDIA) and just plug it to UPS. Please make sure that is supports 220V and 50Hz.

Share your feedback after your first viewing :)

Yes. that converter is very cheap and locally avaialble. just take your cable with the provided plug if u r unsure how to explain to the local guy.

Alternatively u can also buy a similar cable with attached indian plug for the same specs. I did this alternative.

Hi
I have received my optoma 141x ..It has different power plug..I have to buy indian socket.
I have bought APC ups..will it fit into it?
please reply.its urgent
thanks

buy good quality plug. http://i.stack.imgur.com/MyVwY.jpg https://m.ebay.in/itm?itemId=171375794912.
You can buy from nearby electrical shop.

Or if you have surge protector like Belkin F9E400zb1.5MGRY Essential Series 4-Socket Surge Protector: Amazon.in: Electronics
or extension socket like GM 3060- E-Book 4+1 Spike Guard(with Master Switch, Indicator, Safety Shutter, International Sockets ): Amazon.in: Electronics plug projector directly into it.

What type of sockets and switches you have in your house?

Last edited:
please share price if possible. thanks.

VEGA

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back