JRiver User Discussion

Just bought the discounted upgrade to JRMC 26 last week.
Have not implemented it yet as the release is due later this year.

Has anybody else opted for the upgrade to v26?
For me the price is just right in comparison to Roon or HQPlayer.
I have a Master Licence for some time now which allows multiple installs over Windows, MacOS and Linux.

Yes I have upgraded too . Jriver has bee fantastic for me over the years and I generally upgrade every year more as a sort of contribution to keep it going ( to be fair I have always got my money’s worth )

I upgraded my Jriver as well with this offer, running 25 now. Are any users using "Gizmo" remote? Is it easy to set up? Plan to try it soon for control.
Cheers,
Sid

I upgraded my Jriver as well with this offer, running 25 now. Are any users using "Gizmo" remote? Is it easy to set up? Plan to try it soon for control.
Cheers,
Sid

I've been using Gizmo for a while on all my Android phones.
Works seamlessly and is in my opinion one of the best remotes.

I had been using the mc23 for a long time now, and have been listening to the version 25 for the past few days. I feel that the sq. at the frequency extremes has improved, specifically I perceive more low end extension and more airiness in the treble, or maybe it is just an expectation bias. Regardless this version of Jriver is sounding excellent, and as Nikhil mentioned the Gizmo remote has added another degree of flexibility to its already excellent UI. I am still running windows 7, looking to upgrade to 10 soon and hope there will be some further degree of improvement in SQ.
Cheers,
Sid

I had been using the mc23 for a long time now, and have been listening to the version 25 for the past few days. I feel that the sq. at the frequency extremes has improved, specifically I perceive more low end extension and more airiness in the treble, or maybe it is just an expectation bias. Regardless this version of Jriver is sounding excellent, and as Nikhil mentioned the Gizmo remote has added another degree of flexibility to its already excellent UI. I am still running windows 7, looking to upgrade to 10 soon and hope there will be some further degree of improvement in SQ.
Cheers,
Sid

If possible try to upgrade to windows 8.1

Windows 10 forces updates and they are generally huge.
Moreover when it's installing updates forcefully rest of the applications almost stop working and you start scratching your head that something has gone wrong :)

Moreover when it's installing updates forcefully rest of the applications almost stop working and you start scratching your head that something has gone wrong :)
Then I will just stick to 7. I am happy with it for now.
Cheers,
Sid

I am still running windows 7, looking to upgrade to 10 soon and hope there will be some further degree of improvement in SQ.

Sid, go for it. JRiver on Win 10 sounds very good.

Win 10 64 bit is a significant improvement over Windows 7
We discussed this on another thread. There is a little more ease to the music with 64 bit OS.

Regards

With upgrade,l had strange problem with volume on windows 10.It used to auto mute and no sound in avr or even with ibuilt soundcard.It was very irritating when watching movie or music listening.So I rolled back sound drivers and problem.looks to be solved :).

On windows 7 can we stream web app (Spotify) in jRiver25.
Thanks

In JRIver the best way to go about this is enable the WDM driver.
JRiver then handles all audio coming into the machine.

With WDM enabled, everything including Spotify, web browser, Youtube etc goes through JRiver.

Run Media Center as an Administrator and go to
Options > General and scroll down to the Features section.
Check the WDM Driver and close Media Center.

With upgrade,l had strange problem with volume on windows 10.It used to auto mute and no sound in avr or even with ibuilt soundcard.It was very irritating when watching movie or music listening.So I rolled back sound drivers and problem.looks to be solved

I would prefer to do a clean install instead of an upgrade.
Swipe the hard disk after you do a backup of the Database.

Do a fresh install of Win10 and reinstall all software if that is possible.
Much more stable than doing an upgrade on the fly.

I have disabled automatic updates on my machine

I would prefer to do a clean install instead of an upgrade.
Swipe the hard disk after you do a backup of the Database.

Do a fresh install of Win10 and reinstall all software if that is possible.
Much more stable than doing an upgrade on the fly.

I have disabled automatic updates on my machine

Even if disabled windows 10 forces updates after a certain time

Windows 10 brings significant updates to the Audio stack but there are some builds of W10 that sound better than others. The best sounding W10 till date is the 18362.30 build. Yes, there's a lot of bloat in Windows 10 but all that can be stripped out later resulting in an even better sounding W10.

If I were you, and if this was a dedicated music player machine, I'd install a stripped down version of W10 on it. I found these stripped down builds to be perfect - https://www.sasnet.eu/2016/05/windows-lite-project.html?m=1. Create another partition on your machine, install this on that partition and take it for a spin. If you don't like it, delete the partition. You have nothing to lose!

Still running JRMC 25 on my Win 10 music/ NAS rig. Absolutely love the software, very versatile and I love organizing all my music collection. I run it on 2 PC's currently over LAN.

Ok. Then just start JRiver and minimize.
Play Spotify and you will see it playing thru JRiver.

Source in "Playing Now" will show as IPC (Inter Process Communication)
While trying this feature I'm getting a driver signing error. In the driver the notes show
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

The jriver media is sitting in the device manage with a yellow exclamation mark and is unusable at this point! .Am in trail period,is this the problem.
Any solution.
Thanks and regards.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back