Just bought Yamaha YHT-299

People who have upgraded their yht 299 speakers, which speakers are available to consider in range of 20k?

People who have upgraded their yht 299 speakers, which speakers are available to consider in range of 20k?

You want to upgrade only the front L/R or entire 5.1/5.0 speakers within 20k? For better experience, you may only upgrade the front L/R speakers now and for 20k you will get plenty of good options, like wharfedale 220, Boston A26, Polk signature S15 or RTiA1, Q acoustics, Dali zensor 1, Mission Lx2, etc. I have the same AVR as that of YHT 299 and Polk S15 work great.

Can anyone confirm if this has HDR pass though?

I have brought mi tv 55" and not sure if it has HDR pass though for PS4?

If yes need HDMI 2,0 cable?

no, Yht299 doesn't have HDR pass through but just Native 4k passthrough.

Yup, I tested that and found the HDR is not paased.

Anyways, another interesting thing is I don`t see OSD on my mi tv with yht 299, may be as the native display of tv is higher. Had to connect media player, with that the display menu was coming on tv

I need suggestions here.

I brought this with extended warranty in 2015 from reliance digital (ResQ), it will be expiring on September.

The Htib had no issues till date whatsoever, on inquiring about additional extended warranty they quoted 4.8k each for 4th and 5th year. I declined the offer considering the depreciation and the condition the htib is in.

Now, they are oofering additional warranty at 7.5k for next 3 years, does it seem worth?

Instead, I am thinking about selling this and getting a new one, with HDR pass through and additional feature. Needs views please...

I need suggestions here.

I brought this with extended warranty in 2015 from reliance digital (ResQ), it will be expiring on September.

The Htib had no issues till date whatsoever, on inquiring about additional extended warranty they quoted 4.8k each for 4th and 5th year. I declined the offer considering the depreciation and the condition the htib is in.

Now, they are oofering additional warranty at 7.5k for next 3 years, does it seem worth?

Instead, I am thinking about selling this and getting a new one, with HDR pass through and additional feature. Needs views please...

better of selling this and upgrading to a better AVR.

Looks like I am alone and not many user if this htib...

How shall one configure 4k passthrough in yht 299?

My setup - Mi 4 tv, Xbox One X, Ps4 Pro, Fire cube... If I connect any directly to tv I am able to get 4k but when I connect all 3 to yht 299 I don`t get 4k...

What am I missing? Please suggest...

Looks like I am alone and not many user if this htib...

How shall one configure 4k passthrough in yht 299?

My setup - Mi 4 tv, Xbox One X, Ps4 Pro, Fire cube... If I connect any directly to tv I am able to get 4k but when I connect all 3 to yht 299 I don`t get 4k...

What am I missing? Please suggest...
I don't think it has HDMI 2.0. You need HDMI 2.0 to get these to work properly. I would recommend you to connect these devices directly to TV and connect optical/ digital coaxial (either through TV or directly from the Xbox/PS4 etc.) to the AVR to get sound.

I don't think it has HDMI 2.0. You need HDMI 2.0 to get these to work properly. I would recommend you to connect these devices directly to TV and connect optical/ digital coaxial (either through TV or directly from the Xbox/PS4 etc.) to the AVR to get sound.

Yeah, It ways by direct connections. However my tv does not have required number of HDMI inputs...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back