Just bought Yamaha YHT-299

recently got yamaha yht 299 and wanted to connect to my tatasky hd STB and latptop HDMI . need help on wiring for great cinema and music production on AVR.

Hi All,

I am a newbie to this forum. I do not know much about the technicalities of home theaters but my old sony HT system has almost died and was giving a very bad distortion from the surround speakers. So, decided to go for a HT with proper AVR this time. Do not want commit the same mistake twice by butying commercial home theater again.

After going through the demo of various models I finally went ahead with Yamaha YHT-299 couple of weeks back :yahoo: I was really impressed with its sound quality in the demo and is very much with in my budget range.
I have also been through the demos of Onkyo 7.1 and Pioneer RS-33.
Pioneer was a good system especially music was really good in Pioneer. For movies, Yamaha and Onkyo were better for me.

I must say it was a very close call between Onkyo and Yamaha. Finally went with Yamaha since it has 4k pass through and supports a lot of sound formats as well. Also, found that the quality of HD movie channels in Yamaha system is much better than that of Onkyo's. When you play a blu ray dis then you will hardly notice any difference. If you are playing a proper 7.1 blu ray then Onkyo's performance is just out of this world. But Onkyo had a lot of wait time (more than a month). So finally went with Yamaha.

Unfortunately never been through this website before I did the purchase.
But still I must say I am extremely happy with the sound quality and I am enjoying every bit of it. Especially the sound coming from the HD channels which give 5.1 surround is just too good.

HTIB costed me about 37k, bought phillips Blu ray player for 3k and went for extended warranty for 2 more years for another 2k. All in all it cost me about 42k.

I use it mostly for the movies. Saw Dark knight Rises last night in my system and it was simply awesome experience.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Hi sandeep 2910 is more advanced than 299.. so why did u brought old model...?? and also there is no extra bass feature in yamaha 299.

Can somebody plz help me recently bought HT299 and its fuse blew up due to power fluctuation I checked the fuse its 1.25A but not getting the same in market and secondly any thoughts what setting we need to do might be I did wrong setting and its get blown.
Thanks in advance
I belongs to Delhi NCR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recently got yamaha yht 299 and wanted to connect to my tatasky hd STB and latptop HDMI . need help on wiring for great cinema and music production on AVR.

First thing, understand the rule of this forum. Don't create multiple post.

Now about your query, Connect the Tata Sky and laptop to AVR and from AVR HDMI out to TV HDMI in. Prefer to connect to that HDMI port which support ARC.
Remember that, In this case you will always require to keep your AVR on whether you want it or not.

If you don't want to keep you AVR on every time then connect Tatasky HDMI to TV. In this case, you may not get 5.1 output in the AVR as most of the TV only send stereo over ARC.

thanks Ajay_k73

Hey 299 owners and audioholics need a useful help .I am facing a altogether critical issue and the descriptions as

first here is my connection

STB HDMI -> AVR HDMI -> SONY TV HDMI

1>after first installation HT worked pretty well , and in couple of hour it got OFF automatically . even pressing power button multiple times did not helped me .
2> followed the below thread from hivi and it worked again for 30 mins then same problem arrived (auto power off).

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/52238-yamaha-yht-299-problem-power-does-not-turn.html

3> it never got turned up again , what i observed that it turned up for a sec , again turned off .

Please help if i am missing anything on installation to work.
Please help me ..

thanks Ajay_k73

Hey 299 owners and audioholics need a useful help .I am facing a altogether critical issue and the descriptions as

first here is my connection

STB HDMI -> AVR HDMI -> SONY TV HDMI

1>after first installation HT worked pretty well , and in couple of hour it got OFF automatically . even pressing power button multiple times did not helped me .
2> followed the below thread from hivi and it worked again for 30 mins then same problem arrived (auto power off).

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/52238-yamaha-yht-299-problem-power-does-not-turn.html

3> it never got turned up again , what i observed that it turned up for a sec , again turned off .

Please help if i am missing anything on installation to work.
Please help me ..

There seem to be an issue with your AVR. Please talk to service person and take his help.

There seem to be an issue with your AVR. Please talk to service person and take his help.

I have talked to the support guy and he has assured my he will push for replacement since the product is pretty new and the problem is reoccurring :sad:.

But I am pretty much nervous and worried at the same time what will i do if i will face the problem again because of any other issue (like power drop on my home).

I stay in bangalore , where the power fluctuation is very less but i am observing good amount of power cut now a days :sad: . Worried that should i consider installing UPS backup (like UPS with tabular battery ) or a voltage stabilizer only for my HT .

Any suggestion or question will be appreciated since I am new to the HT stuff and lack of HT technicalities involved around it .

Hi friends
I want to sell my yamaha yht 299
With 2 years extended warranty reliance resq
I m from ahmedabad
Price @ 20000 only
Interested friends may contact me 09137955007

Guys, i have been owning a YHT 299 for close to 3 yrs now and all of a sudden yesterday my sub stopped to thump. The power is on, but no sound. Tried all troubleshooting steps including opening the enclosure and finding for any split connection, but none found. Planning for a visit to the service center this Saturday, but before that need your advice on what should be my next step.

1. What would be the charge for repairing/replacing this sub by Yamaha?
2. If need to replace, what sub should i purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Hi friends
I want to sell my yamaha yht 299
With 2 years extended warranty reliance resq
I m from ahmedabad
Price @ 20000 only
Interested friends may contact me 09137955007
Is this still available?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Congrats Sandeep.

Do post some pics.

Do specify the model no.of your BD player and the region it plays.

For Bass the system should allow for settings. The system allows for settings for individual speaker, either in terms of sound compared to the other speakers or in terms of the distance.

You will have to run through the manual and fiddle with the settings till you get your optimal sound.

Hi Guys, for my YHT196 "EXTRA BASS" is always off. No other keys toswitch it ON. Can you help me guys ??

Thanks a lot. In advance.!!!

Hi Guys, for my YHT196 "EXTRA BASS" is always off. No other keys toswitch it ON. Can you help me guys ??

Thanks a lot. In advance.!!!

Naveen,

Extra Bass will be on when Front speakers are set to LARGE, the packaged speakers NS-B20 is set to small, so that option is not available. Hope that helps.

BR,
Rajiv

Hello Rajiv, I broke my head over this. I cant wait to go home and check this out.!!!! Im in office now... thank you so much once again !!!

How good Taga Harmony TAV 5.6 V.2 will be with Yamaha YHT 299. After close to 2 years of Yamaha stock satellite speakers, thought to upgrade the speakers (with Active Sub of Yamaha only) and placed the order for Taga package through Hifi Mart today. Don't know how good the combination is likely to be. Please help!

Regards,
Prashant.

Hello Friends,

I am using Yamaha YHT299 for the last 1year, now want to upgrade the front speakers.

My budget for speakers is below 25k

Usage will be 50%music and 50% movies.
For music I mostly listen to Pink Floyd, Iron maiden, Dire straits, Eric Clapton, Beatles... mostly rock music.

Friends please suggest any good speakers, thanks in advance.
Some speakers in my mind:
Pioneer Bs22
Boston acoustics A26

Best regards,
Chakri

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back