Just bought Yamaha YHT-299

I need a help:
I have connected my pc tru optical from 299. By mistake it's changed to straight mode or PMC, now it's only outputting 2.1 channels, am not able to change any sound modes. How will I get the previous set up?

yes they provided with yht 299, length 25 mtr ( not sure) quality is average.
I am using another cable

guys,
even i have 5.1 speaker, where should i place it in my hall , my hall size is 16 * 10. My main concern is about woofer where should i place it.

thank you

the 299 doesn't have Bluetooth. Can that feature be "enabled" using a dongle or something. It is prerequisite for the purchase.

Hi all,
I am new to this, but please can anyone suggest me a good stereo amplifier with speakers under 50K also i was wondering can YHT-299 can give good stereo sound suitable of dialogue, Music and Movies as well on TV/USB ???

Hi everyone.
Just joined the forum while following the thread. I also bought YHT 299 online for around 32k, but it is still being shipped from very west to very north of the country, that too by surface transport of FedEx.I hope product turns out to be good one.
Thanks.

Hey, can u tell me where u bought it at 32k?

Hi,
Need some clarifications before purchase

Currently am using MY sony 42" TV as an extended display to my laptop to watch movies and planning to buy HT, As the current creative speakers gave out.
If i connect my laptop to AVR & play movies, will i get 5.1 output

Hi,
Need some clarifications before purchase

Currently am using MY sony 42" TV as an extended display to my laptop to watch movies and planning to buy HT, As the current creative speakers gave out.
If i connect my laptop to AVR & play movies, will i get 5.1 output

Yes but your laptop needs to have pass-through over the HDMI. Connect your laptop HDMI to AVR and set the pass through (Bitstream) in the volume control panel.

Hi all,
I am new to this, but please can anyone suggest me a good stereo amplifier with speakers under 50K also i was wondering can YHT-299 can give good stereo sound suitable of dialogue, Music and Movies as well on TV/USB ???
Hi antriksh,
YHT-299 can give you moderate stereo sound with stock satellite speakers and subwoofer. If you can go for polk audio tsx330t it will be best. I'm using the receiver(HTR3066, that come along with the package) with polk audio tsx330t and I'm totally satisfied with it..
Hope this will help you.. :)

Guys.. Very nice to have such a good forum and thread o YHT299 community.
Now it's time for me to find the speaker cable of 30mtr in length.
Checked in Reliance Digital but they said they don't have. Checked in Amazon for 16AWG Speaker wire and the price is Please 2599/- So please let me know the decent speaker wire i can buy for YHT-299 in bangalore or online.

Thanks in advance.

Hi
I have Yamaha 299..I have OPTOMA Projector also..
I want to attach my laptop as media player..how to do it?
I meant I have lot of film collection on my laptop & I want to play it on projector & yamaha-yht299..But ymaha guy told me I cant do thT..CanT i Do that? guys please suggest
thanks
thanks

Last edited:
Yes, you can attach your laptop if your laptop has VGA or HDMI Output (I guess your projector supports both inputs).

So you can connect in 2 ways
1. Laptop > VGA > Projector + Audio from Headphone Output to Yamaha Stereo Input
2. Laptop > HDMI > Yamaha > Projector (In this case you should get 5.1 audio from AVR if your source has DD sound)

Hdmi is preferred as it will provide better quality than vga. You can buy a long hdmi cable from bandridge or belkin online.

Hi all, pls add me to this club as today only I also got yht299. It's been a good experience for now as I moved from philips to yamaha. BIG JUMP. Thanks to all of you as most of my doubts were already cleared with your posts n replies however I m facing below issues

1. Extra bass is always off. I tried with navigation keys but no luck.

2. I played bluray with dts hd ma 5.1 on ps4 but receiver display it as dts only and ps4 info says dts hd ma. Does shows dts hd ma as dts only?

Pls advise. Thanks

Can somebody plz guide me where I can buy the fast blow fuse for the subwoofer I have seen its 1.25A but not getting it anywhere so the subwoofer lying idle plz help I am from Delhi so Delhi NCR store will work for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats :)

2. I played bluray with dts hd ma 5.1 on ps4 but receiver display it as dts only and ps4 info says dts hd ma. Does shows dts hd ma as dts only?
Try to change the setting in your bluray player for audio as passthrough. So that the player sends the raw signal without any processing to the avr.

Hi all, pls add me to this club as today only I also got yht299. It's been a good experience for now as I moved from philips to yamaha. BIG JUMP. Thanks to all of you as most of my doubts were already cleared with your posts n replies however I m facing below issues

1. Extra bass is always off. I tried with navigation keys but no luck.

Pls advise. Thanks

1. Extra Bass would be active after changing speakers Small to 'Large'.
2. As mostly Blu-rays come with multiple audio. DTS HD-MA, Dolby Digital etc.
After selecting DTS HD-MA from PS4, Go to AVR remote > Press 'STRAIGHT' ..... then press 'OPTION' > Choose 'Signal Info' > you will see the actual audio which AVR is receiving. Should be PCM.

I am not sure if your PS4 has audio display option, see DTS HD-MA bit rate should be higher than Dolby Digital.

1. Extra Bass would be active after changing speakers Small to 'Large'.
2. As mostly Blu-rays come with multiple audio. DTS HD-MA, Dolby Digital etc.
After selecting DTS HD-MA from PS4, Go to AVR remote > Press 'STRAIGHT' ..... then press 'OPTION' > Choose 'Signal Info' > you will see the actual audio which AVR is receiving. Should be PCM.

I am not sure if your PS4 has audio display option, see DTS HD-MA bit rate should be higher than Dolby Digital.

Thanks a lottt!!! Both solutions worked

1. Changed speaker to Large and I can turn on extra Bass.

2. pressed STRAIGHT in remote and I can see DTS-HD MSTR in Receiver. Signal info is also DTS HD MSTR 3/2/0.1 48khz bitrate --- Input 1080P Output 1080p.

Thanks Again for your help!!!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back