Just bought Yamaha YHT-299

congrats on yer new buy PGY!

plz share how music sounds on 299 ?
also you can check for dts & dts hd ma audio movies where you get yify from as you don't say it in the forum

Hi Guys :),

I'm newbie to this forum, past 2 months I was super confused on buying a home theatre, I landed up in this forum a week ago and found everyone talking about yamaha yht 299

At first my Idea was to buy any home theater that has optical input because my TV supports only optical out. I found only high end home theaters will support optical and researched loads of home theaters finally originate yamaha YHT is more crisp and has good bass.

Past 2 weeks I auditted YHT 299, Pioneer rs 33 (more bassy and looks huge), other samsung and sony home theater which can never be compared with 299
I'm going to buy 299 this saturday

Here are my queries

1. Do I need a bracket to fix satellite speakers ? (which is the best way to do)
2. Is there any types in optical cable, HDMI and which brand I should go for ?
3. What is the best stablizer on which I can plug in AVR, TV, Blu ray player, DTH? (and one additional incase if I buy any appliances.)
4. Do I have to pay extra if I call a Yamaha tech for installation ?

5. Main question what is the best price so that I CAN ARGUE WITH RELIANCE DIGITAL GUYS

Thanks Falcon,

Music is good in YHT-299, Probably after sometime ill try to upgrade the front speakers to have much more effect on audio :D. Usually i search a lot and the first thing ill look before downloading is - Audio & Number of channels, Sometimes if i like the movie ill buy the Blu Ray (DVD at worst possible scenarios).

I'm newbie to this forum, past 2 months I was super confused on buying a home theatre, I landed up in this forum a week ago and found everyone talking about yamaha yht 299

At first my Idea was to buy any home theater that has optical input because my TV supports only optical out. I found only high end home theaters will support optical and researched loads of home theaters finally originate yamaha YHT is more crisp and has good bass.

Past 2 weeks I auditted YHT 299, Pioneer rs 33 (more bassy and looks huge), other samsung and sony home theater which can never be compared with 299

Here are my queries

1. Do I need a bracket to fix satellite speakers ? (which is the best way to do)
3. What is the best stablizer on which I can plug in AVR, TV, Blu ray player, DTH? (and one additional incase if I buy any appliances.)

5. Main question what is the best price so that I CAN ARGUE WITH RELIANCE DIGITAL GUYS
Hi Kishore,

Welcome,

Glad to know you liked YHT-299, before buying, just make sure that they have YHT-299 stock, as per our FM's i see lot of wait times and out of stock, due to the upcoming models. I have answered few of your queries,

1. Do I need a bracket to fix satellite speakers ? (which is the best way to do) - I think the guys who comes for installation will have those items, but we have to pay them for it.
2. Is there any types in optical cable, HDMI and which brand I should go for ? - You can always go for belkin, its reliable IMO.
3. What is the best stablizer on which I can plug in AVR, TV, Blu ray player, DTH? (and one additional incase if I buy any appliances.) - Not sure about this.
4. Do I have to pay extra if I call a Yamaha tech for installation ? - For installation we dont need to pay, but they will charge you, if you want to do wiring and placing the brackets and stuff like that.

Main thing to note is here atleast in HYD, I have noticed two different installation guys asking for 2 different prices for the wiring, so i think you can bargain in that thing as well i guess :D

5. Main question what is the best price so that I CAN ARGUE WITH RELIANCE DIGITAL GUYS - I got it for 37,900. try as much as possible :D.

Thanks

1. You can either wall-mount or place speakers on a surface. Both have their pro-cons also depending upon space and requirement. Wall-mount will be better though.

2. There are variety of cables brands. The best thing to do would be to buy belkin cables online or from retail shop as they are v.good quality and dealers can't cheat by charging extra for a not-so-good "imported" brands.

3. You don't need a stabilizer for that. Just get the belkin power surge strip. Get the 6-8 socket.
Power Supplies - Buy Power Supplies Online at Best Prices in India

4. Yes, you'll have to pay extra if you call yamaha for installation starting minimum rs500-rs1000. Might be extra for cabling rear speakers.

5. Between 32k - 36k is a good price. Just remember to ask for bill and warranty.

You can buy wall-mount brackets here if needed:-
HT-55 Satellite Speaker Wall Mounts | India

You don't really need to call anyone. Just drill holes in walls yourself if you can or call you local carpenter to do it. And put the brackets.

Thank you for quick response, I will post pics and update you guys once I finish my setup.

Did anyone try auditting RS 33 and YHT 299, which is better I would like to know out of curiousity

Thank you for quick response, I will post pics and update you guys once I finish my setup.

Did anyone try auditting RS 33 and YHT 299, which is better I would like to know out of curiousity
Kishore,

RS 33 is big, sound clarity is not good as YHT-299. Even i had a demo of both RS - 33 and YHT-299. IMO i liked YHT-299 and its good :)

Here are my queries

Hi Kishore,

Welcome to the forum. Good to know that you are going for Yamahas and Pioneers instead of Sony, Samsung etc. There is a lot of difference between them. My 2 cents on your questions,

You can have the speakers get wall mounted. I am not sure if brackets are required. I have not used them and I have pretty good results with them so far. For the speakers of YHT 299, I am not sure if spending few extra bucks for wall mount brackets is worht it..

Well, Frankly speaking I have been using cheaper HDMI cables and I am getting good enough results. You can definitely go for costlier ones. But for my set up, I dont need a HDMI cable which is longer than 6m. So, after some research I thought Cheaper HDMI cables will do. So, went ahead with them. Having said that, there is long standing debate on cheaper vs expensive HDMI cables. Some say, Cheaper ones will suffice if the length is lesser. There are quite a few who disagree with this too. I am not too sure on which side to choose. I just picked up a cheaper one so that I can replace it if I am not satisfied with. This is your call purely.

I have been using Belking 8 pin surge protector and it is working perfectly fine. I have not faced any issues with my setup because of Power fluctuations.

Yes, Yamaha guys will charge about 1000/- for installation.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Congratulations :clapping: !! From where, and How much ?

Which other HTs did you consider, and how did the 299 make it to the top?

Here is a small comparsion of Specifications of YHT 299 and YHT 2910. You can find it Here,

http://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/?selected=534046_515475_&mode=compare

The major differences that I have found are,

1. 2910 supports couple of new surround processing modes namely Dolby Digital and DTS Digital Surround.

2. 2910 has DC Out.

3. 299 has 4 Video Composite inputs where as 2919 has 3. ( the video input that 299 has in the front has been taken off in 2910)

4. 299 has 1 video out where as 2910 has 2.

5. Digital Audio Input Optical : 299-2 vs 2910-1

6. Analog Audio Output : 299-2 vs 2910-1

Everything else looked pretty much the same. I was expecting that 2910 will have a more powerful sub in comparsion to 299. But its the same one which is tad disappointing. In conclusion I would say, 299 has better connectivity options than 2910. I am not really sure if it is wise to spend almost close to 10k extra for 2910 since the differences are very minimal.

Although, the Yamaha site says that 299 does not have Dolby Digital and DTS Surround Sound processing modes, I could see Dolby Digital and DTS both flashing the AVR when I play videos with those respective sound sources. So, I am not sure of that.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Hi all,

After going through this forum, got interested in buying 299.

I am from Bangalore. Can someone suggest where I can have the audition.

Here is a small comparsion of Specifications of YHT 299 and YHT 2910. You can find it Here,

Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India

The major differences that I have found are,

1. 2910 supports couple of new surround processing modes namely Dolby Digital and DTS Digital Surround.

2. 2910 has DC Out.

3. 299 has 4 Video Composite inputs where as 2919 has 3. ( the video input that 299 has in the front has been taken off in 2910)

4. 299 has 1 video out where as 2910 has 2.

5. Digital Audio Input Optical : 299-2 vs 2910-1

6. Analog Audio Output : 299-2 vs 2910-1

Everything else looked pretty much the same. I was expecting that 2910 will have a more powerful sub in comparsion to 299. But its the same one which is tad disappointing. In conclusion I would say, 299 has better connectivity options than 2910. I am not really sure if it is wise to spend almost close to 10k extra for 2910 since the differences are very minimal.

Although, the Yamaha site says that 299 does not have Dolby Digital and DTS Surround Sound processing modes, I could see Dolby Digital and DTS both flashing the AVR when I play videos with those respective sound sources. So, I am not sure of that.

Thanks,
Sandeep.
Hey Sandeep,

Yht-299 has DTS, I was watching the scorpion king blu-Ray today. It played in DTS :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back