Speaker Configuration:

Subwoofer (Use)
Front (Small)
Center (Small)
Surround (Small)
Crossover (80Hz)
Subwoofer Phase (Normal)
Extra Bass (off)

When playing music I will usually set Extra Bass to On. I did try setting all the speakers to Large and Crossover frequency to 40 Hz. It did give me good results. But the subwoofer almost went mute. So, went back to old setting of Small and Crossover of 80Hz.

Level:
Front L 0db
Front R 0db
Center +5db
Surround L +4db
Surround R +4db
Subwoofer 0db

Especially when playing HD channels in DTH, the Center speaker volume is really low, the dialogues are hardly audible. So, I have increased its level. And I am a bit of a Surround sound freak. So, set the surrounds to +4db. I keep fiddling with these settings depending on the Source that I play.
Wehenever I play Dolby sources I use straight mode.

Thanks,
Sandeep.
Hi Sandeep,

Do we have any options to change the speaker ohm settings in the amplifier, In one of manual ( online ) i read, before connecting the speakers we can press the info button and press the Power button to set the speakers ohm settings, i tried that. But i didnt get anything, did you setup anything like that ?.

Thanks

Hi Sandeep,

Do we have any options to change the speaker ohm settings in the amplifier, In one of manual ( online ) i read, before connecting the speakers we can press the info button and press the Power button to set the speakers ohm settings, i tried that. But i didnt get anything, did you setup anything like that ?.

Thanks

Well.. I dont know.. I have never tried that..

Thanks a lot PGY. Will check it out..
Hi Sandeep,

Looks like i didnt read it properly.

Setting the speaker impedance
(U.S.A. and Canada models only)
Under its default settings, the unit is configured for 8-ohm speakers. When connecting
6-ohm speakers, set the speaker impedance to 6
?
MIN. In this case, you can also
use 4-ohm speakers as the front speakers.
Before connecting speakers, connect the power cable to an AC wall
outlet.
While holding down STRAIGHT
on the front panel, press
z
(power

--Its not for us :)

Hi Guys,
i am rup from kolkata. I'd like to buy one of the following :
Yamaha YHT-299 (37k + free 3d bluray player)
Pioneer HTP-323 (33k + free 3d bluray player)
Onkyo HTS-3500 (not in stock)
These deals are offered by Reliance Digital. I haven't yet checked with other local markets (mainly Chandni Chowk).
My question is both pioneer & yamaha have pretty much identical specs. So is yamaha worth spending 4k more ?

PS- I haven't yet listened to anyone of the above .. will test both of them on wednesday. Please help coz I'd like to purchase within 1 week.
Thank you :)

Hi Guys,
i am rup from kolkata. I'd like to buy one of the following :
Yamaha YHT-299 (37k + free 3d bluray player)
Pioneer HTP-323 (33k + free 3d bluray player)
Onkyo HTS-3500 (not in stock)
These deals are offered by Reliance Digital. I haven't yet checked with other local markets (mainly Chandni Chowk).
My question is both pioneer & yamaha have pretty much identical specs. So is yamaha worth spending 4k more ?

PS- I haven't yet listened to anyone of the above .. will test both of them on wednesday. Please help coz I'd like to purchase within 1 week.
Thank you :)
Hi Rup,

I bought a HTP-323 a month back, after using the HT for a day, i realized that there is a popping sound is coming from the subwoofer. After research and with the help of the FM's i came to know that there is a problem in the S-31W subwoofer that comes with HTP-323. So i had a very tough time to exchange that HTP-323 and i spent 5K extra and now am using YHT-299, Its a pretty good system compared to HTP-323.

The following are the things which i feel advantages of YHT-299

- Sound clarity is very good.
- Lots of customizable options.
- Good Treble.
- Surround effects are good.
- CINEMA DSP otpions
- OSD ( works with out any additional Cable )

I would recommend you to check in anyother showroom and have a demo.

Thanks

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I will test both the models tomorrow.
Heyy PGY, sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with the HTP 323. Thanks for the warning me about that "popping" issue.

Do you guys think i can get a better price at anywhere else ? Also, can any one tell me any Home Theatre retailers ? I already checked with Capital & Khosla Electronics & both of them dont sell any of the foreign brands !!

Also, can any one tell me any Home Theatre retailers ? I already checked with Capital & Khosla Electronics & both of them dont sell any of the foreign brands !!

Khosla and Capital don't sell these prof systems.

You can check the following sellers:

Promises - Shakespeare Sarani - Contact Ali, he is a nice guy.
SKS Traders - Opposite Padmopukur after Motor Vehicles if you are coming from Desapriya Park.
Profx - Opposite Triangular Park, Gariahat.
Watt Effects - Near Southern Avenue & Sarat Bose Road Crossing
AV Square - Behind Lake Market/ lake Mall, Rash Behari Avenue (exclusive Yamaha Showroom).
Harmonie Audio - Near Tollygunge Phanri towards New Alipore. Contact Mr. Vasu. He is the best advisor.

If you search for them in google, or in this forum you will get the details address of each seller with contact no.

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I will test both the models tomorrow.
Heyy PGY, sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with the HTP 323. Thanks for the warning me about that "popping" issue.

Do you guys think i can get a better price at anywhere else ? Also, can any one tell me any Home Theatre retailers ? I already checked with Capital & Khosla Electronics & both of them dont sell any of the foreign brands !!

YHT-299 is being replaced by YHT-2910. Stock must have just arrived as I was hinted by the dealer a couple of days back. Price difference seem to be 6-8k after discounts.YHT-299 is being offered at 35K (a 12% discount).On YHT-2910 I was offered 8% discount on mrp. Speaker package is same in both models but virtual cinema front (boon for those who have difficulty in running wires all around the place!), DC out, Dolby digital & DTS digital surround ( I think this will benefit streaming service consumers) & audio delay is bumped up from 250 to 500ms :). But on flip side composite input on front panel, 1 out of the 2 optical inputs & 1 out of the 2 analog audio outputs have been removed :sad:. So does this extra 6-8K is justified? I think NOOOO :indifferent14:. So audition both, see what features you need most and choose wise.

Hi guys, thanks RMCWS. you saved me a lot of trouble. will check with Harmonie Audio & Promises on Friday. thanks a ton. :)

Today i listened to the YHT-299 ar Reliance & here is my opinion (I'm not an audiophile, just an admirer of music) -
Music was really amazing. crisp & clear. the bass & treble were pretty good. all in all i was really impressed with the music. :clapping:

Movies - here's something that let me down. I played Gravity (1080p YIFY) without subtitle using a pendrive through a sony bluray player.
The dialogs at the beginning were a little unclear, but thats not a deal breaker given the centre speaker & the sub weren't placed properly. and it sounded pretty much the same as it was when i watched the movie at Cinemax.

The main ISSUE was in an action scene when the volume rose i could hear popping sound from the speakers/sub (cant be sure). The salesman said that its an issue with the "content" & nothing to do with the avr. :sad:
The owners of yht-299, can u tell me whether you have faced such an issue with your set ? & is this what is known as "Clipping" ?

Due to a connection issue they couldn't give me a demo of Pioneer HTP-323 & asked me to come back tomorrow.

Heyy Boss8055, the folks at RD had no clue about the new model. will check it with the other outlets listed by RMCWS. thanks.

YHT-299 is being replaced by YHT-2910. Stock must have just arrived as I was hinted by the dealer a couple of days back. Price difference seem to be 6-8k after discounts.YHT-299 is being offered at 35K (a 12% discount).On YHT-2910 I was offered 8% discount on mrp. Speaker package is same in both models but virtual cinema front (boon for those who have difficulty in running wires all around the place!), DC out, Dolby digital & DTS digital surround ( I think this will benefit streaming service consumers) & audio delay is bumped up from 250 to 500ms :). But on flip side composite input on front panel, 1 out of the 2 optical inputs & 1 out of the 2 analog audio outputs have been removed :sad:. So does this extra 6-8K is justified? I think NOOOO :indifferent14:. So audition both, see what features you need most and choose wise.

Thank you BOSS, well it is early days still. But just going by the specifications looks like additional 6 to 8k is on a little higher side. But as you have said, will have to audition both models to feel the real difference.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

I played Gravity (1080p YIFY) without subtitle using a pendrive through a sony bluray player.

I don't think the file has 5.1 audio. It is most probably 2 channel. Try to find a file with 5.1 audio or take your own bluray disc.

Heyy Boss8055, the folks at RD had no clue about the new model. will check it with the other outlets listed by RMCWS. thanks.

Here's the "official Yamaha India" link for comparison between YHT-299 & YHT-2910.... just to let the fellow FMs be aware of the new launch.

Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India

(Moderators please remove the link if it doesn't comply with the forum rules)

Hi guys, thanks RMCWS. you saved me a lot of trouble. will check with Harmonie Audio & Promises on Friday. thanks a ton. :)

Today i listened to the YHT-299 ar Reliance & here is my opinion (I'm not an audiophile, just an admirer of music) -
Music was really amazing. crisp & clear. the bass & treble were pretty good. all in all i was really impressed with the music. :clapping:

Movies - here's something that let me down. I played Gravity (1080p YIFY) without subtitle using a pendrive through a sony bluray player.
The dialogs at the beginning were a little unclear, but thats not a deal breaker given the centre speaker & the sub weren't placed properly. and it sounded pretty much the same as it was when i watched the movie at Cinemax.

The main ISSUE was in an action scene when the volume rose i could hear popping sound from the speakers/sub (cant be sure). The salesman said that its an issue with the "content" & nothing to do with the avr. :sad:
The owners of yht-299, can u tell me whether you have faced such an issue with your set ? & is this what is known as "Clipping" ?

Due to a connection issue they couldn't give me a demo of Pioneer HTP-323 & asked me to come back tomorrow.

Hi mate,

your gravity source must be of AAC 2channel (quickly checked it). please try to take atleast AC3 5.1 @ 448kbps or DTS 5.1 @ 755 or 1.5mbps Audio format. you can then judge and decide ;)

or borrow blu-ray disk from your friends if they have one ;)

don't ever judge with poor audio please.

Thanks,

Hi mate,

your gravity source must be of AAC 2channel (quickly checked it). please try to take atleast AC3 5.1 @ 448kbps or DTS 5.1 @ 755 or 1.5mbps Audio format. you can then judge and decide ;)

or borrow blu-ray disk from your friends if they have one ;)

don't ever judge with poor audio please.

Thanks,

YIFY videos are good but they only have 2 channels everytime. Go with Judas is you can.Read the audio description before you download them.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back