Just bought Yamaha YHT-299

hi guys i jus got a yht299 few days back...are there any preacautions to be take while using avr's and any recommended settings which needs to be done..would like to get some info on that as its my first htib
thanks

Hi Sandeep,

How do you connect Video from the sources, through the AVR and then your LED/LCD? or bypass AVR and connect it directly from the source to your LED/LCD?

Thanks for all the responses.
So, Finally, I ordered it from Ebay, using 10% discount, got it for 20,700 and using payback card, a further 700.
So, finally for 20,000.
The seller is extremely professional. I had ordered at 10 PM in night and he he shipped 6 PM next day. Received the day after. So, less than 48 hrs after ordering.
Called up the yamaha guy for installation. He cam around, advised stands to direct sounds to right directions and also optical cables. All in all, I am happy I got professional help-coz I couldnt have done whatever he did.
Paid him 500 + (450x4=1800 for stands)+ 800 for optical cable. Rs 3100.

So, All set, enjoying the YHT196 although not at a full blast..windows rattling. Its great and as per my requirements, very much VFM and I am extremely happy..:yahoo:
hi Rohit,
wanted to cross check about your HT which you got from eBay.
Particularly intetrested in knowing about the seller.. though from your reply it sounds like a genuine guy, but just want to be double sure..
many thanks in advance.

35k seems to be the going price in delhi. A seller is selling it on ebay for 32.4k, is it christmas? seems too good to be true kinda deal. If anyone buys plz give a feedback if its genuine or not.

35k seems to be the going price in delhi. A seller is selling it on ebay for 32.4k, is it christmas? seems too good to be true kinda deal. If anyone buys plz give a feedback if its genuine or not.

May be imported without tax (not through official dealer), or refurbished. Be careful. I would not risk my 35k only to gain 3k advantage.

35k is the average dealer quote price & 32.4k don't seem too dubious either

spoke to the guy he said its an ebay special discount

god knows the catch but if for real .... its a killer! :eek:hyeah:

On this before order, we can consider discussion with ebay seller, for invoice warranty card..etc...
If ebay provide guarntee about genuine product.then it (discussion) will be treat as proof?

35k is the average dealer quote price & 32.4k don't seem too dubious either

spoke to the guy he said its an ebay special discount

god knows the catch but if for real .... its a killer! :eek:hyeah:

I was also watching this item. There is a 20% discount on electronics going on for HDFC cards on ebay, but surprisingly the coupon doesn't work on this item(works on same model with a different seller, but doesn't match this price). Wrote to ebay and got a response that "System does not except any discount coupon or any promotion code on this product as this product is already in a discounted price." Not sure what the deal is.. should I take a plunge?

I was also watching this item. There is a 20% discount on electronics going on for HDFC cards on ebay, but surprisingly the coupon doesn't work on this item(works on same model with a different seller, but doesn't match this price). Wrote to ebay and got a response that "System does not except any discount coupon or any promotion code on this product as this product is already in a discounted price." Not sure what the deal is.. should I take a plunge?
Me too watching this item. Normally eBay will not allow to apply discount codes on already discounted items.

yes go for it i guess if not ebay a dealer price of 35k don't sound bad either and you can always bargain :lol:

Well, I have bought the system at Reliance Digital for 37k and that was 9 months back. I have got a phillips blu ray player for 3k along with it. Although Phillips is not great, it works for me. It has no problem in reading my 1 TB external hard drive and it plays most of the movies along with subtitles (srt files which are saved in UTF-8 format). So, overall I am happy. I am not thinking of any upgrade at this moment although I am tempted to thanks to this forum.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Back