KEF Q100, Elac Debut B6, Definitive T. ProMonitor 1000

raj_mj

Hi FMs
I am looking for a descent pair of bookshelf speakers for pairing with Onkyo NR555. I've short listed a few below for audition. My use 60% Music and 40% Movies. I would eventually want 5.1 (reusing the BS i buy now in it).

• KEF Q100
  • Elac Debut B6
  • Definitive ProMonitor 1000

Any feedback/comparison on above OR any other speakers around the same budget as above & having better SQ that I should consider?

Regards

Bumping the thread to see if anyone with experience/initial feedback on these.

I prefer something neutral sounding with not so harsh treble. Also do not need boomy bass, little punch would be good. If this helps ...

Hi, I own the B6. Very good midrange, does not pierce your ear (not punchy) and the bass is good to go - not a subwoofer kind. But excellent overall. If you are looking to move to 5.1 and reuse these, I would also suggest you check b5. I heard boston acoustics B26 and B25 are good enough - havent heard them though and they were coming at a discounted price of around 16K.

Thanks FMs for feedback. Finally ordered KEF Q100 (~25k), would get in couple of weeks. Was tempted towards B6 as well, but went with q100 as they are bit smaller than b6 and liked brand kef over Elac (probably for no specific reason).

I guess you made the right call
I recently did a A/B comparison between the Q300 and B6 and picked the Q300 without a second thought as it was not even a fair comparison.
The Q100 should sound about the same as the Q300 minus a little low end

I recently did a A/B comparison between the Q300 and B6 and picked the Q300 without a second thought as it was not even a fair comparison.

Absolutely. Hoping to add a descent sub down the line for the lows.

What is the price of Q300?

Thanks FMs for feedback. Finally ordered KEF Q100 (~25k), would get in couple of weeks. Was tempted towards B6 as well, but went with q100 as they are bit smaller than b6 and liked brand kef over Elac (probably for no specific reason).

Hello Raj,

where did you get Q100 at 25K.

Can you please suggest the dealer.

I was quoted a much higher price for this.

Any info about who deals with the NHT brand here in Bangalore? Would appreciate a phone number or address! Thanks.

In India its Avenue Sound - Mumbai, i believe they are dealer/distributor. Checked for their partners & found following closest to bangalore. Check with them if they have any links / outlets in bangalore.

Found following contact - Decibels Audio | Where to Buy

Decibels Audio
#2488?c Skanda Complex,
Narayan Shasthri road, Near Nanjumalige Circle,
Chamundipuram, Mysore - 570004
Phone : +919742775526
Email - [email protected]
Website - Decibel Audio – decibelaudio

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

Bit curious as to how you made the comparison.

I demo-ed Q300 for over an hour , and then I listened to Elac B6 .
The B6 overall had better balance , better subsonic bass response and definitely better soundstage - provided room acoustics are good , the stands are sand filled and placed min 18 inches from rear wall, and toed in by 30-35 degrees

I'm more than happy with my B6 purchase thereafter.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back