KEF R300 Demo unit

now that the speakers are out of the wooden cabinet and onto stands - you may want to consider placing the speakers and stands where the speakers were originally and that will mean discarding the R & L vertical shelves..

it will look good and save space on the front of the TV for you..

its stating the obvious :)

regards

Can't discard the R/L vertical units. They are independent units that hold the center shelves together.
And these speakers turn into monsters when placed within 2 feet of the back wall.
Normally the stand moves back about 18" and are not really obstructing general movement. Yes opening the drawers are a pain, but these contain my CDs, cables, camera etc.
All my stuff; so they are really opened when I have a solitary listening session and speaker are pulled forward.
The speakers are well behaved if I turn down the bass a bit on the pre-amp for listening when working from home.

Magma really needs to be given a hat tip for making stands that are sturdy yet movable when needed.

Today, I was listening to a CD album by Ben Harper and I could actually sense the height of the drum kit; kick drum lower and the whacks on hide/cymbals about 3 or so feet higher.
This jugaad arrangement really surprised me aurally. I really need to sand and polish the entertainment/display unit. It has been sitting there unfinished for over a year.

Cheers,
Raghu

Are my eyes deceiving me or is the centre shelf bending a bit under the weight of the equipment? (The one containing the CD player and amplifier).

The rest are also bending a bit but this row seems the most.

Raghu, please check it out.

Some of the shelves are bending due to equipment weight. Center supports are not in place.
They are there somewhere in store room. Shows what kind of a messy lazy idiot I am :D

Cheers,
Raghu

Some of the shelves are bending due to equipment weight. Center supports are not in place.
They are there somewhere in store room. Shows what kind of a messy lazy idiot I am :D

Cheers,
Raghu

Get the centre supports and fix it. You do not want the shelf breaking off! :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back