KLIPSCH F2 Speakers Review

I have the F1s and I really quite like the performance of these,but they do require quite a bit of burn in .First month was quite disappointing but gradually ,once the compliance loosened up the bass increased and the sound just opened up.Im also quite surprised by the amount and the quality of bass this tiny driver manages to produce.Although I am not sure about the prices you have been quoted! I got the F1s for only 15,000 ,they should at max cost 20,000! and the F3's at 55,000???!! preposterous! RF-5s at one time were 45,000,and thats Reference Series Klipsch .You might want to reference it with what you have been quoted,I think you might be getting fleeced.But then again might be a new series or something.

Hi Denom

Nice review.Please can you audition the bookshelf speakers too or at least get a quote.I share your musical taste(rock) and the amp(2060).

Thanks.

i visted the klipsch new showroom in bangalore ,listened to the Palladium 39 spkrs ,this is something mindblowing in all aspects ,so is the price better not to know :)

@Denom

I have been on the lookout for a complete HT solution for movies and music (80% to 20%) and had a chance to listen to the F1 HT system, complete with the center, rear channels and subwoofers. I was left reasonably satisfied and from your review it seems like the F2 is even better.

Do you think Denon's AVR 1911 can handle this system? Thinking of going for a listen tomorrow. Will keep you posted. :)

el cid,

Klipsch speakers can be handled by most amps. Even with a amp with an output power rating of 5 to 10W can easily handle a Klipsch. Even with that power rating the amps will be able to drive these speakers pretty loud.

I always thought that the Klipsch speakers should be paired with a laid back amp but I always end up seeing it paired with Onkyo and the likes.
I guess a tube amp would really go well with a klipsch or even a low powered amp like the Topping which Psycho has. Give it a bright amp and your ears could bleed :D

I guess arj and the other Klipsch owners can confirm this.

@subhash
Palladium is the Klipsch's top of the range series so will always be priced at a premium.

i visted the klipsch new showroom in bangalore ,listened to the Palladium 39 spkrs ,this is something mindblowing in all aspects ,so is the price better not to know :)

Subhash,

Which showroom did u visit ? millers road or Lavelle road ? And do they have Synergy series in demo any 5.1 HD1000 or something?

Kittu

Subhash,

Which showroom did u visit ? millers road or Lavelle road ? And do they have Synergy series in demo any 5.1 HD1000 or something?

Kittu

Kittu,

Visit their Cinebels Facebook page, they have pics put up of their showroom on Lavelle Road, place looks awesome.... will check it out when next in Bengaluru!
Yeah they have full 5.1 set up, check em out & provide us your feedback:)

Kittu,

Visit their Cinebels Facebook page, they have pics put up of their showroom on Lavelle Road, place looks awesome.... will check it out when next in Bengaluru!
Yeah they have full 5.1 set up, check em out & provide us your feedback:)

After your review I called up modernworld in Bangalore to check the prices of F2 he said 38 k first and then paused for a while and said the new price has to come from Jamo... :mad: pretty sure its gonna be 40+ K ..

I have the F1s and I really quite like the performance of these,but they do require quite a bit of burn in .First month was quite disappointing but gradually ,once the compliance loosened up the bass increased and the sound just opened up.Im also quite surprised by the amount and the quality of bass this tiny driver manages to produce.Although I am not sure about the prices you have been quoted! I got the F1s for only 15,000 ,they should at max cost 20,000! and the F3's at 55,000???!! preposterous! RF-5s at one time were 45,000,and thats Reference Series Klipsch .You might want to reference it with what you have been quoted,I think you might be getting fleeced.But then again might be a new series or something.

Adhiraj,

When did you purchase your Klipsch speakers??? The rates you have posted seems to be of ages back!!! The F1's now cost 31.5K!!! F2's - 45k & F3's - 55K. The Reference Series RF62's are 62K! All these quotes from their Official Indian distributor - M/s. Cinebels.
If you are still getting the Klipsch speakers @ the rates you have quoted, pls do tell us all where we can purchase them, I for 1 would be most ready to do so:yahoo:

Regards

Adhiraj,

When did you purchase your Klipsch speakers??? The rates you have posted seems to be of ages back!!! The F1's now cost 31.5K!!! F2's - 45k & F3's - 55K. The Reference Series RF62's are 62K! All these quotes from their Official Indian distributor - M/s. Cinebels.
If you are still getting the Klipsch speakers @ the rates you have quoted, pls do tell us all where we can purchase them, I for 1 would be most ready to do so:yahoo:

Regards

:yahoo: add me me me me me :yahoo:

Hi Denom

Nice review.Please can you audition the bookshelf speakers too or at least get a quote.I share your musical taste(rock) and the amp(2060).

Thanks.

As a matter of fact was keen on auditioning the RB-51 Bookshelves that day but time was running out! Will do so & revert. Glad to find another 2060 Fan:clapping: & Rocker :D

Last edited:
After your review I called up modernworld in Bangalore to check the prices of F2 he said 38 k first and then paused for a while and said the new price has to come from Jamo... :mad: pretty sure its gonna be 40+ K ..

:D he must mean Cinebels(Cinerama). FYI, Klipsch have bought over Jamo & not the other way around as most people think. They have added Energy too to their stables:) Do keep us all updated on the quote you receive.

Regards

:D he must mean Cinebels(Cinerama). FYI, Klipsch have bought over Jamo & not the other way around as most people think. They have added Energy too to their stables:) Do keep us all updated on the quote you receive.

Regards

If there are prospective buyers (only after auditions) may be we can workout a group buy plan with Cinebels . But rightnow its not in my list coz I am thinking of buying a 50" TV debating :confused: Plasma / LCD . May be in your next visit we can meet up @ lavelle road :cool:

Subhash,

Kittu

hi kittu
visited the lavelle road show room

awesome demo rooms about 4-5 demo set ups (all ends)

the mistake i did was ,first i listened to the Palladium 39 :)

the top end HT set up is on floor 2 where they have the Klipsch THX2 spkrs
i felt the power a little lacking here ,the set up is driven by the Marantz AV 8003/8004 combo (pre /power), but do chk out the vivtek PJ on floor 2 its kind of superb (so is the price :) )
dont know abt the synergy series as i was totally zapped by the palladiums............. stay away from these as its sure going to give you sleepless nights :)

el cid,

Klipsch speakers can be handled by most amps. Even with a amp with an output power rating of 5 to 10W can easily handle a Klipsch. Even with that power rating the amps will be able to drive these speakers pretty loud.

I always thought that the Klipsch speakers should be paired with a laid back amp but I always end up seeing it paired with Onkyo and the likes.
I guess a tube amp would really go well with a klipsch or even a low powered amp like the Topping which Psycho has. Give it a bright amp and your ears could bleed :D

I guess arj and the other Klipsch owners can confirm this.

@subhash
Palladium is the Klipsch's top of the range series so will always be priced at a premium.
Great. So i will stick to this receiver. I heard the F2 floorstanders @ Cinebels in Chennai today and i am hooked now even without the burn in. Will probably get this combo over the weekend, complete with the surrounds(C2+S2) and the Sub-12.

Will keep you posted. :)

Oh...The Klipsch showroom @ Lavelle was superb. Stayed away from the Paladiums for good reason. :) checked out the Reference series and Icon series. Ikon sucks big time. Synergy scores better and Reference tops them all... *sigh

Great. So i will stick to this receiver. I heard the F2 floorstanders @ Cinebels in Chennai today and i am hooked now even without the burn in. Will probably get this combo over the weekend, complete with the surrounds(C2+S2) and the Sub-12.

Will keep you posted. :)

el_cid,

Nice to know you auditioned the Klipsch series.. Can you post some differences in synergy and reference ? Also what prices were quoted for Synergy series ?

TIA
Kittu

I had auditioned the F1 and F2 series from Klipsch and found the F1 lacking in punch when compared to the F2. The F2 was straight out of the box without the burn in and still sounded better with any kind of music that i threw at it. I had also tried the SW 450 sub woofer which i found to be great for movies (even an old one like air force one) though it was too shallow for music. Between these two i would recommend the F2 any day.

Out of curiosity i had auditioned the RF52 reference series as well and found that to be a big leap from the F2. However it was about 30k over my budget (the complete 5.1 set) and it came with a 10 inch sub vs the 12 inch with F2. The RF52 worked much better with music without the sub and was able to deliver more bass while retaining the same high frequency performance of the F2 (if not better). I did not have it set up for movies since i knew where that would lead (a heartbreak :()

As for prices i have only the complete package prices with the center, surround channels and the sub. For F1 it was 83k while F2 was 108k (in Bangalore). The RF2 towers retailed at 52k and RF62 at 62k (in Chennai)

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back