KLIPSCH F2 Speakers Review

denom

Banned
Banned
Went to Cinebels today & spent nearly 4 hours listening to Klipsch F2 Floor Standers:)

I had casually inquired with cinebels about 2 odd months back regarding the F series of speakers & was told that they would get back to me when they receive them. When all this time passed by, thought that they had forgotten or were just not bothered, so was pleasantly surprised to get a call from the sales person yesterday stating that they had just received the F1, F2 & F3 Speakers & that I could come to their shop for a demo. Since I was having the day available for doing TP today, decided to swing by & check them Klipsch's out:cool: I also took my 2060 amp along just to see how they will pair up:rolleyes:

All Three were taken out of their packing, hooked up to a Marantz Amp (did not chk the model no) via a speaker switch (monee brand - which is their inhouse brand) & presented to me:clapping:

Started with the F1's which did not appeal too much to me right away, then went on to the F2's which also at first seemed dull but definately better than the F1's followed by the F3's which were louder but were sounding quite rough....

Decided to concentrate on the F2's & listened to some more of my tunes by which time they were beginning to sound better... Yes, I know they were spanking new out of the cartons with no burn in & such but still I liked the sound of the F2's & persisted with them....

To just get a better feel of the F2's, I requested the sales person to connect my 2060 amp to see whether it made any difference... Vola!!!
What a sudden change in the sound stage & presentation:clapping:
Heard lots of rock, hard rock, love ballads, power ballads, fusion, guitar virtuoso, blues, metal

Forgot to mention that they used a sherwood cdp as source.... seemed decent, silver jamo speaker wires AWG16 I think.....

The F2's just started getting better by each song & was just loving the clarity, instrument separation, tight bass & awesome vocal presentation they offered...:licklips:

Time just flew as I was allowed to just listen to the music as if it were my home:clapping::lol:

I pity the poor sales person as he must be quite tired standing all through the duration of my time in the premises having no opportunity for lunch, while I was most comfortable enjoying the time fly:eek:hyeah:

I was not wanting to leave the scene but after 4 odd hours felt that I had really feasted on the hospitality extended to me:D

A 100 W/CH monee 2 ch amp caught my eye in the shop & requested them to connect this amp also to the F2's just for kicks:D
Listened to a couple of tunes with the Monee amp & was quite surprised by its performance as the appearance of this amp is even more outdated/cheap than the norge amps!!!:indifferent14:

All in all, had a very satisfying time & truly liked the F2's. HAve requested the sales person to burn them in for atleast 100+ hours after which to call me back for another round of auditions.... He promised to do so even to the F1's & F3's, so am enthusiastic & eager to listen to them post burn ins.....

AFAIAK, KLIPSCH ROCK!!!

Now for the downer::sad:
F1-31.1k
F2-41.5k
F3-55.5k

They also have the matching centre, surround & subwoofer speaker pkgs of the F1, F2 & F3's..... will put up their prices if anyone is interested....

Regards

Thanks for your review denom. Nicely written:).
Went to Cinebels today & spent nearly 4 hours listening to Klipsch F2 Floor Standers:)

I had casually inquired with cinebels about 2 odd months back regarding the F series of speakers & was told that they would get back to me when they receive them. When all this time passed by, thought that they had forgotten or were just not bothered, so was pleasantly surprised to get a call from the sales person yesterday stating that they had just received the F1, F2 & F3 Speakers & that I could come to their shop for a demo.
Sometime last month, I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from Cinebels Bangalore to inform me about them stocking Klipsch apart from Jamo that they have been doing for the last decade (almost). Nice of them to call on their customers:).

Since I was having the day available for doing TP today, decided to swing by & check them Klipsch's out:cool: I also took my 2060 amp along just to see how they will pair up:rolleyes:

To just get a better feel of the F2's, I requested the sales person to connect my 2060 amp to see whether it made any difference... Vola!!!
What a sudden change in the sound stage & presentation:clapping:
Heard lots of rock, hard rock, love ballads, power ballads, fusion, guitar virtuoso, blues, metal
Are the Klipschs F 1 to 3 from the RF or SF series? I am looking forward to visiting Cinebels sometime soon to have a listen. The last I heard them was almost 7 years ago. I heard the RF3s at Audiopeople Chennai and a pair of brand new SF2s for sale at a friend's place in Bangalore. Liked the SF2s much better as the mids and highs sounded just right for me. I was impressed with the very clean highs coming out of Klipsch's horn tweeter. In retrospect, I feel foolish for having bought the Jamo E570s after having listened to the SF2s. Ah, I remember it was Jamo's 5 year warranty against the SF2s (purchased in grey, so no warranty) which led me to buy the speakers that I liked second best in my budget. The Jamo was my first pair of speakers with my own earnings, which is why I thought so much. But today, I am a changed man and don't let warranty bother me if I really like something:eek:hyeah:.

Also which amp is the 2060?

Hey buddy, you really have some serious free time... I am really envious...
I too am envious of many people in the forum who get to spend quality time with their equipment too. Should start a thread on this topic.

Last edited:
Hey buddy, you really have some serious free time... I am really envious...

Let me explain this:

1) Recession has hit my field of work:sad:
2) Have learnt to avoid taking stress due to point 1 & hence have decided to make use of the down time by taking the therapeutic route - ie:listen to music as much as possible;) You can say its beneficial to my health:rolleyes:
3) All work & no play makes me a dull chap:indifferent14:
4) As it is when I get busy in work I can be tied down for a couple of days & hence that time all hell breaks loose:cool:
5) To all envious people, 'Nazar Math Maro' PLS!!!;)

Recession..?.......what field are you in? You don't sound the IT stuff!
More likelyhood....... BPO ... Malad-likes.

My lines too down ... HVAC stuff ..... not that business is amiss, but horrendous price realizations and terms. Me too falling over music big time to keep off frustration ....

Thanks for your review denom. Nicely written:).

Sometime last month, I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from Cinebels Bangalore to inform me about them stocking Klipsch apart from Jamo that they have been doing for the last decade (almost). Nice of them to call on their customers:).

Going by the experience I had with Cinebels, I feel they are good people to deal with. Plus there is no push for a 'sale' on their part, I was clearly told that unless you are ready, we shall await for the sale of the desired speaker:clapping:

Are the Klipschs F 1 to 3 from the RF or SF series? I am looking forward to visiting Cinebels sometime soon to have a listen. The last I heard them was almost 7 years ago. I heard the RF3s at Audiopeople Chennai and a pair of brand new SF2s for sale at a friend's place in Bangalore. Liked the SF2s much better as the mids and highs sounded just right for me. I was impressed with the very clean highs coming out of Klipsch's horn tweeter. In retrospect, I feel foolish for having bought the Jamo E570s after having listened to the SF2s. Ah, I remember it was Jamo's 5 year warranty against the SF2s (purchased in grey, so no warranty) which led me to buy the speakers that I liked second best in my budget. The Jamo was my first pair of speakers with my own earnings, which is why I thought so much. But today, I am a changed man and don't let warranty bother me if I really like something:eek:hyeah:.

I checked out these:-
Product Comparison

Cinebels has been around for 10 odd years, as was informed by the sales person. Do give them a call in bangalore as I was told that they have their best outlet in bangalore (newly refurbished) with the full range of 'Klipsch' Speakers there. Yes the Tractrix Horn really is something special. As far as buying something from your own hard earned money, it truly is something very very special, totally relate to that point of yours:yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Also which amp is the 2060?

Its the humble 80w/ch Norge 2060

I too am envious of many people in the forum who get to spend quality time with their equipment too. Should start a thread on this topic.

Pls don't Nazar maro;) Instead you should try to work out 'Me Time' for yourself:cool:

Dnom yaar,

This is a good review, the prices are a dampner. please post some thoughts on your Norge Towers compared to the Klipsch.

Recession..?.......what field are you in? You don't sound the IT stuff!
More likelyhood....... BPO ... Malad-likes.

My lines too down ... HVAC stuff ..... not that business is amiss, but horrendous price realizations and terms. Me too falling over music big time to keep off frustration ....

I am in the shipping industry (Surveyor),

We have to take the good & bad times equally, thats part of life

Denom yaar,

This is a good review, the prices are a dampner. please post some thoughts on your Norge Towers compared to the Klipsch.

Sachin, the prices are a downer, but hopefully if we keep in constant touch with the dealer, we can build a good rapport & then try to get some good discount:lol:

I have already informed them that I will bring my friends along & pester them, to which I was told that we are most welcome to come & make good use of their services, provided we 'book' a suitable date & time with them prior notice...
They are going to remain open even on sundays:)

As for the comparison, buddy I am now very very disturbed as the 'Klipsch' sound is haunting me, could not sleep well last night due to this!!!:mad:

Santhol

Klipsch is the parent company of Jamo. So no surprise that Cinebels is stocking Klipsch as well. Could you tell where the Cinebals showroom is in Blr.

Anyone heard the Klipsch speakers with a tube amp its an easy load for any amp so I guess you can run it easily with the Tripath amp and the likes which Psycho has.

You pair the Klipsch speakers with a bright amp and you are asking for trouble. :D

klipsch speakers are really awesome, i have rf82 home theater system and the sound stage that the floor standers present is exceptional, i too auditioned f2's as well as rf52's prior to buying rf82's which i did'nt get to audition, i must say that however expensive the speakers may seem to you, the sound they give is unparalleled in the respective price range.

Have been wanting to do a follow up audition of the Klipsch speakers post my first visit but had been tied up with something or the other. Was called quite a number of times by the sales guy who would invariably call when I was busy, but nonetheless he was always very patient :)
Finally managed to go for round 2 of the demo, post burn in of the F2's which I was told was already more than 120+ hrs, hence was glad that my visit was delayed :D
This time I did not take my amp along, what with the rains & such, so had to listen to the speakers paired to their Marantz PM15S1 Stereo amp.
Besides the Synergy F2's, had the option of listening to the Reference RF52's & RF62's. The F1's, F3's were sold & the RF82's were yet to arrive.

Played 'Judas is rising' from the Angel of Retribution Album of Judas Priest, as I always do for any demo start & found the HF's really shrill & ear piercing, something definitely not right!!! Changed over to 'Sweet Emotion' of Aerosmith & again the sound was shrill & not likeable at all :( Now I was really upset as the speakers sounded totally different than what I had heard prior to 'burn-in' & was really disappointed. Requested the Sales person to connect another amp as was pretty sure that the Marantz was the culprit, but they did not have another stereo amp to connect. Suggested they connect one of their receivers & they connected the Marantz SR3001 receiver, which definitely made things better, the shrill sound now gone :)
Played Dire Straits/Doors/Eric Clapton/Eric Johnson/Aerosmith/Creed/Chris Isaac & they all sounded fantastic.
Found the separation of Vocals & Instruments well balanced, channel separation of Voice & Instruments great & good tight bass.
Compared to the pre burn-in sound, found the post burn-in sound more rounded off, tighter soundstage & also a warmer sound. But I suspect the warmer sound was more to do with the 'Marantz Effect'. Found this to be very good for Chris Rea as he sang 'Road to hell'.
The Vocals of Marc Knofler & Chris Isaac were really crystal clear & the speakers gave the impression that I was attending a live gig.
That being said, I still want to pair the speakers yet again with my 2060 or better still Hemant's deadly Sansui & see how the sound changes with these pairings, which calls for yet another round of auditions :D
With things still not settled, was quite keen to hear what the fuss with the RF series of speakers is all about, all the more since the RF series command a appreciable higher price. First I decided to give the RF52's a listen. Suffice to say that I was disappointed by the sound offered by the RF52's. They just felt dull & lacked feeling, like sound coming out of boxes.
Requested the good folk @ cinebels to now connect the RF62's. Played the same tracks played earlier with the F2's to find the difference & found the difference to be there but that was just a marginal difference. Whatever little difference I found was in the quality of the Bass which was deeper plus the sound was warmer & soundstage a tad wider.
Played Top Gun Theme & Money For Nothing again for a A/B Test & that is how I got to the conclusion.

So there it is, my humble little review of the Klipsch F2, RF52 & RF62 Speakers.
Will definitely be doing round 3 demo's in the near future, as mentioned earlier with different amp pairings :D

Anyone interested in joining me for the next demo is most welcome, hopefully they can bring along their amps as well :D :beer:

:cheers:

Last edited:
As for the comparison, buddy I am now very very disturbed as the 'Klipsch' sound is haunting me, could not sleep well last night due to this!!!:mad:

:eek:hyeah: having owned an RF3 in the past for close to 3 years, i know what you mean.. they really know how to Rock

Santhol

Klipsch is the parent company of Jamo. So no surprise that Cinebels is stocking Klipsch as well. Could you tell where the Cinebals showroom is in Blr.

Anyone heard the Klipsch speakers with a tube amp its an easy load for any amp so I guess you can run it easily with the Tripath amp and the likes which Psycho has.

You pair the Klipsch speakers with a bright amp and you are asking for trouble. :D

cinebells i think has 2 showrooms in Blr
for jamo its in millers road (near cunningham road)
For klipsch theres a new one on lavelle road (behind Blr club ) opposite java city.

@Denom

I have been on the lookout for a complete HT solution for movies and music (80% to 20%) and had a chance to listen to the F1 HT system, complete with the center, rear channels and subwoofers. I was left reasonably satisfied and from your review it seems like the F2 is even better.

Do you think Denon's AVR 1911 can handle this system? Thinking of going for a listen tomorrow. Will keep you posted. :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back