L-shape Hall - Does HT work ?

I am getting my new home constructed and my Hall is L shaped. Measurements show below attached. Does HT logic/Setup work in this hall ? I got a RXV 663 from US last yr June, but was holding the setup for my new home completion. Suggestions plz.!

THanks,
Shash.

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 98
Dont worry buddy,

Anywhere it will work and you can enjoy, only thing you will be sacrificing your full HT feeling, rest can be assured with proper planning and with further advice from members.

I believe Mr.George(o) is also having this kind of setup?

With regards

I have "L" shaped hall & working my HT well.
My LCD is at one side(which is 12') & sitting position @ 16' (base of "L")
You can think of putting thick curtain to close that extended "L" space.

Spriro,

Leave the "L shape" it is not a problem by lookin the drawing / He is having stairs above the TV rack,,, and I belive the ceiling in the intended place may be above the first floor / Dome arrangement or high ceiling ?

Regards

As advised by Spiro, curtrains shall definitely help and then the choice of speakers, their placement and your 'listening positon' will be a decisive factor that shall add on to the experience.

Divulge more about your preferences and friends in here shall guide you along. Dont worry about it at all.

Cheers

1) how can I place the speakers at listening height in the L shape hall where there are no walls ?

2) TV is below the duplex stairs. Stairs and slab are seperated by a 4 ft gap.. so does that work?

where are you planning to keep your dining table?

Why not go the traditional way and have the TV fixed to the wall near the main entrance?

You can think of few options-
1.You can place LCD 3ft around apart from wall if staircase is problem.
2.Spk if flrsd ,no problem placing @ ear level
3.Bookshelf frnt can be placed either on stands OR AV rack.
4.Surr can be mounted on wall if you plan to keep sitting postion close to wall.
OR stands can do the job.Few spk mounts can be attached to ceiling
too.

Have a look @ your future HOMETHEATRE

Last edited:
The middle portion is much bigger than the front portion int he L shape.the LCD is mainly for family and not for vistors ( not to take me wrong, my first preference is me and my family). so I prefer it to be there below the Steps. any issues forseen by keeping the LCD below duplext steps ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back