Laptop Games or Apps for my 4 year old

sgautam

Need some urgent pointers to keep my 4 year old Chotu engaged. He had really coped up well with few tantrums but we are running out of ways to keep him engaged. Till date never made him handle mobiles (except during haircut or travel) but we are thinking now to download some content and keep him engaged in the laptop.

We are not keen on mobile apps since laptop is difficult for him to access later and we can ween him away when reqd.

Please help, many thanks.

Gautam

I would recommend neither mobiles or apps. Any drawing scribbling activities etc to keep my your chootu engaged. I know easier said than done but difficult to wean away later. I have two teenage kids at home and understand the pros and cons.

Very true. He really likes to write and read but we ran out of books. His bag is left at school and we will eventually run out of paints and colors. Even got him to write on slates and slate pencils.

But can't expect him to understand and be patient with the same things. He is getting bored. He is liking matching, mazes etc which also challenges his intellect and curiosity. I was asking such apps and games.

And strictly no mobiles at all, we are quite firm in that aspect.

I know without access to "play ground" or physical activity it's difficult for a 4 yr to stay at home for 3 weeks so 'no tv/laptop' may not be feasible for parents especially doung wfh.

Look for
- drawing apps like picasso et
- music apps that simulate keyboard
- apps that teach simple.craft using paper
- apps that teach language/communication skills
- and some.youtube playlists that teach about nature
- natgeo web site has some good games that combine nature n gaming fun which you can access on browser

Good luck

How about story telling at home? If you have buliding sets, mechano sets etc.? Things like lego are good. Availablity is the question.

Back